Oh my! I heard you pop out sooner w/ your 2nd but... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 01-17-2008, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I noticed on Monday 8w1d that my skinny jeans were tight in the belly (but still I was barely showing yet) Well, on Wed I officially brought out all my new maternity (all of it is new to me cause I'm 30lbs lighter starting out this pregnancy than w/ DD so I got a whole new maternity wardwrobe). In the course of 2 days I went from not looking pregnant much at all to looking like I did when I was 4 mo along w/ DD!!! Eeeek...does this sound normal? I'm mean I'm excited to start wearing maternity but the looks of my belly doesn't match how many weeks I am. I do have some fluff in the front to begin with but I cannot "suck it in" anymore

Tina - mama to DD1 10yrs, DD2 5.5 yrs and DD3 22 mo and wifey to DH.
#2 of 21 Old 01-17-2008, 05:07 PM

I am in the same boat (except i am only 20 pounds lighter this time around. ) I have moved up a size in pants since last week and am trying to buy a 'lot' of maternity clothes on ebay because I've got nothing left and will be needing the maternity clothes soon. My stomach is really pooched out (although it just looks like a gut, not a 'bump.')

Decluttering SAHM of three. Going for 2011 items in 2011.
#3 of 21 Old 01-17-2008, 05:51 PM

Wait until number 3! Ha. Truely, it is not that funny. I have gained 4 lbs but haven't been in my regular clothes for at least a month. I am much smaller starting out than I was with either of my other too so I've just been in knit pants. I kinda feel like I am in my pjs everywhere I go.
#4 of 21 Old 01-17-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMel View Post
Wait until number 3! Ha. Truely, it is not that funny. I have gained 4 lbs but haven't been in my regular clothes for at least a month. I am much smaller starting out than I was with either of my other too so I've just been in knit pants. I kinda feel like I am in my pjs everywhere I go.
I hear ya! I don't know if I've gained weight yet, but my tummy is round. Unfortunately I am going into this pg heavier than I have the other ones. I tried on maternity pants last week and they just didn't fit right. I'm wearing one size up and knit pants instead.

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
#5 of 21 Old 01-17-2008, 06:07 PM

Sure is the truth!! I'm amazed at how fast I started showing with this peanut - who I may rename walnut soon!!!

Meredyth partners.gif Travis, Mama to my boys J, L, E & my girl B
Bella Rose is here 07/29/10!
Always missing my angel1.gif
#6 of 21 Old 01-17-2008, 06:17 PM

Can't wait for the maternity jeans to show up tomorrow via UPS! I am in knit also even though I still fit in my jeans but they HURT to sit down. I just can't stand the feeling of being constricted in my jeans.: I actually was very ill from it the other day when I wore my jeans for too long, to the point of throwing up.

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#7 of 21 Old 01-17-2008, 07:35 PM

Just as a follow up -- I was just taking my son to his hockey lesson and walking around with my daughter when someone said "You're going to have your hands full when the baby comes." I'm only 10 weeks along!
#8 of 21 Old 01-17-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMel View Post
Just as a follow up -- I was just taking my son to his hockey lesson and walking around with my daughter when someone said "You're going to have your hands full when the baby comes." I'm only 10 weeks along!
Nah, that's just a standard response to anyone who looks like they're having more than one... oh yeah, you're only 10 weeks.

Hey, better to be 10 weeks pregnant and showing than to be 10 weeks pregnant, look exactly the same, and look 4 months pregnant in the wrong clothes

<---has more of a tummy than any of the tummy pics and hasn't changed
#9 of 21 Old 01-17-2008, 07:44 PM

I gave up at 10 weeks this time too. With #3 it's ridiculous how early you pop out! Of course all my mat clothes from both myself and my sister are a little too big because I FINALLY lost a bit of weight after having DS... so now I look ridiculous in all these tenty clothes. I'm more comfortable, but I look silly!
#10 of 21 Old 01-18-2008, 11:07 AM

I'm 11 wks and 2 days and I swear I feel as though I look about 4 months. I had a gut but maternity pants feel the most comfortable to me right now.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#11 of 21 Old 01-18-2008, 02:13 PM

Pregancy #1 people who casually knew me didn't realise I was pregnant...I bought my baby to my college class after the birth - everyone asked whose baby! Pregnancy #2 I WAS HUGE really early...
I looked 9 months pregnant at five months (he was almost 11 pounds)

Baby 3 didn't look pregnant at 5 months...Baby four still not looking pregnant still wearing my favourite jeans at 10 weeks (they do have some lycra in them)

8 might be enough
#12 of 21 Old 01-18-2008, 04:42 PM

Is it relevant to the conversation that I'm sitting here wearing a maternity shirt?

"It fits?!" No.
But I feel really really cool.
#13 of 21 Old 01-18-2008, 05:27 PM

i am about 9 week along i think and well iam showing and i lost 15 lbs cause of m/s and man iam showing i look like iam 5 months pregnant which is weird

i didnt show with my first until i was 30 weeks and i mean i popped over night and i looked huge

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
#14 of 21 Old 01-18-2008, 08:12 PM

WAHHHHH I never show before 16 weeks and then you have to really look.....

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#15 of 21 Old 01-18-2008, 10:20 PM

I feel gigantic! But I have gained 10 pounds : I think it is more the stress of having the m/c in November. I may have been comfort eating more than I realized. Not something I normally do at all but the m/c really caught me off guard Sad! It's not been bad food just more of it. But I do already feel my uterus and cannot for the life of me suck in nor do I have the energy.

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
#16 of 21 Old 01-19-2008, 01:05 PM

At 10.5 weeks I feel about the same size I was when I was 4 or 5 months last time. Around 4.5 months last time I had to buy new pants up a size or so from my normal and I have been wearing those pants this time around since about 8 weeks. Sure they are a little saggy but I could not stand my normal pants touching me, everywhere, anywhere - I needed more room to breath.
#17 of 21 Old 01-19-2008, 11:49 PM

I'm on #3 and I've gained 2 pounds. I can button my regular pants still, but they aren't comfortable so I have been using my tummy sleeve to cover up them being unbuttoned and unzipped! I can't believe how quickly everything pops out! I feel like I look 4 months instead of 8 weeks!

7th Heaven here we come! Due date early May
#18 of 21 Old 01-20-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
I'm on #3 and I've gained 2 pounds.
Mama, aren't you on #4?

Decluttering SAHM of three. Going for 2011 items in 2011.
#19 of 21 Old 01-20-2008, 10:38 PM

4th child, but 3rd pregnancy.. one is a stepson

7th Heaven here we come! Due date early May
#20 of 21 Old 01-21-2008, 12:21 AM

I started this pregnancy with about 5 pounds of extra fat in my belly area. I don't look pregnant IMO but baby has pushed all the fat up and out of my belly. Regular pants are totally uncomfortable so I'm wearing underbelly pants, but holy muffin top...
#21 of 21 Old 01-21-2008, 12:27 AM

Muffin Toppin over here too.
I put on my regular jeans they fit okay...but holy muffin top and are riding lower than a few weeks ago....Honestly I look like me bloating after 2 thanksgiving dinners - I almost wish I did look more pregnant than just gassy

8 might be enough

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page