I went shopping for maternity clothing...this is what I got! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 01-21-2008, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so excited to get some new clothing! I figure I will be able to wear it until May or so, and then I am going to wear light weight dresses until the babies are born! I am so out of my own clothing, and I can't believe how far they have come with clothing in four years. I look so cute and normal!! Not maternityish at all!!

Brown shirt

Pink shirt

Jeans

They say that these are "full panel" but they aren't really. Not like they used to be!!

Cute jeans

Super comfy tank in pink

In blue and in brown with pink

And a pair of cute sparkly shoes! I can't believe how much I got!! Yay for taxes!

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

#2 of 16 Old 01-21-2008, 12:34 PM

Love those first 2 shirts!
Are the dresses how you'll get around the "twin belly" size? I'm figuring maternity shirts for multiples would be hard to find?
#3 of 16 Old 01-21-2008, 01:19 PM

Those are all so cute! Makes me want to go shopping! LOL

With my last pregnancy (I was due in Aug then too) I think that the last few months ALL I wore was long flowy skirts with tank tops and those loose dresses that are like tube tops on the top and then just flow out! Like swim suit covers. So comfortable!
#4 of 16 Old 01-21-2008, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

That sounds good to me! I ususally wear tanktops and skirts in the summer anyway. They have very cute pregnancy tank tops and I am sure they probably have cute skirts for summer too!! YAY!

I am going to be huge!!

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

#5 of 16 Old 01-21-2008, 02:48 PM

ann talyor loft has some really cute maternity stuff on sale on their website. wish i was pregnant so i could buy some
#6 of 16 Old 01-21-2008, 02:51 PM

those clothes are super cute!
#7 of 16 Old 01-21-2008, 03:16 PM

Those are so cute, I just adore Old Navy. Heaven help my bank account I hit up our Old Navy again this weekend and spent $87 but saved $75 - that's a sale!!! I bought 4 more pairs of pants & 5 shirts. I think DH is tolerating this b/c the peanut will be our last baby

Meredyth partners.gif Travis, Mama to my boys J, L, E & my girl B
Bella Rose is here 07/29/10!
Always missing my angel1.gif
#8 of 16 Old 01-21-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayTaysMama View Post
Those are all so cute! Makes me want to go shopping! LOL

With my last pregnancy (I was due in Aug then too) I think that the last few months ALL I wore was long flowy skirts with tank tops and those loose dresses that are like tube tops on the top and then just flow out! Like swim suit covers. So comfortable!
Where did you get stuff like that? Last time I gave birth on Feb 1st so I have absolutely not one piece of maternity clothing that I can use again.
#9 of 16 Old 01-21-2008, 04:32 PM

Those are so cute! I keep looking around online at ON stuff, but I'm short so I need to try pants on. My last child was born Sept 4, so I found great comfy below the belly capris to wear in the summer. I get terrible varicous veins in my calves so shorts are a no no for me. I love one piece loose dresses too, for a pg summer.

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
#10 of 16 Old 01-21-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySunflowerBoys View Post
Those are so cute! I keep looking around online at ON stuff, but I'm short so I need to try pants on.
That's me too, only 5'1" so it's impossible for me to find pants that are the right length, even some of the short length are long on me! But needless to say I've become quite handy at hemming

Meredyth partners.gif Travis, Mama to my boys J, L, E & my girl B
Bella Rose is here 07/29/10!
Always missing my angel1.gif
#11 of 16 Old 01-21-2008, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

See...now I am 5#9, so Old Navy is PERFECT for both of us, as they sell jeans in short, regular and long. I always buy long, even when not pregnant. But those short pants and really short, and I know that they would fit someone who is 5#1 (or close enough!). You should definitely go check it out!!

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

#12 of 16 Old 01-21-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaK View Post
Where did you get stuff like that? Last time I gave birth on Feb 1st so I have absolutely not one piece of maternity clothing that I can use again.
I just bought regular skirts that had elastic waist and I would wear the skirt under my belly, a maternity tank from Old Navy, and sometimes to look cute I would wear a belt under my belly over the tank. Does that makes sense??? LOL

For the dresses, I think that most of what I had were bathing suit covers. The kind with the stretchy top around your chest and strapless. It think I got them at Target. I usually wore a spagetti strap tank under it because I am very well endowed in the chest area and I could get away with wearing no bra.

I have to get out my maternity clothes from storage. I have a feeling I will still want ot go buy all new stuff! LOL
#13 of 16 Old 01-21-2008, 06:50 PM

Super cute clothes! Let me know if those ON shirts are long enough for you, mama. I am tall, too, and one pet peeve is maternity shirts that are short and leave the belly threatening to come out the bottom! I like the gap/ON for their long length mat pants, but worry about the shirts, which don't come sized tall. Some shirts I got last pg from Thyme maternity (canadian chain) were the WORST that way. I had never been pg before so I was clueless in buying-- but those 'maternity' shirts didn't make it past 1rst trimester, I swear. SIGH.

I esp. love that first brown shirt. So cute. I want one.
#14 of 16 Old 01-21-2008, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

They are very very long. I think that what helps right now is that really long shirts are very much in style right now. I don't think I would be able to even find a short shirt. They go to just above mid thigh.

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

#15 of 16 Old 01-21-2008, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredyth0315 View Post
That's me too, only 5'1" so it's impossible for me to find pants that are the right length, even some of the short length are long on me! But needless to say I've become quite handy at hemming
I have that same problem with pants (I'm 5"4 and have thick thighs). I just buy petites or get the short length at Old Navy.

Loving the clothes, by the way.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#16 of 16 Old 01-21-2008, 10:20 PM

Very cute! I can't wait to go maternity clothes shopping again, even though I don't really need anything new.

Blessed mama of four
::

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page