Faint faint spotting after bm? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 01-24-2008, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
At our u/s last Thursday (8w) we saw a perfect little hb! I was overjoyed.
Monday I noticed a light pink thread through the mucous (the consistency of cm when ovulating). Then again yesterday and today when I had a bm my mucous is pinkish. Today it even had a few teeeeny tiny spots of red. But this is all only when I really kind of dig in there to see what's going on. Nothing on my panties at all. Anyone else have this?
I had NO spotting at all with ds and a m/c in Nov that makes me paranoid about ANY blood or anything that looks like blood.

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
#2 of 19 Old 01-24-2008, 10:34 PM

you mean BM as in bowel movement?
what about a varicose vien in the vagina - hemerriod?
If a BM is a bowel movement and you have to if I get this correct dig in to help out?

8 might be enough
#3 of 19 Old 01-24-2008, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
you mean BM as in bowel movement?
what about a varicose vien in the vagina - hemerriod?
If a BM is a bowel movement and you have to if I get this correct dig in to help out?
Yes bowel movement. And no I am not having to dig bowel movements out - (if I was I don't think I would post it ) sorry if I was unclear. I mean that after I see the initial pink I have continued to wipe (my vagina) and "poke around in THERE" to see if there is any more blood.

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
#4 of 19 Old 01-24-2008, 10:46 PM

I think if you are poking you are probably responsible for some of that blood.
Relax a m/c wouldn't be a little streaking.
And stop poking!

You could also be wiping to harshly or too many swipes.
What about going to cloth or babywipes for a few days?

Quote:
And no I am not having to dig bowel movements out
consptipation kills

8 might be enough
#5 of 19 Old 01-24-2008, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I think if you are poking you are probably responsible for some of that blood.
Relax a m/c wouldn't be a little streaking.
And stop poking!
I know it's a sickness.:
I guess I'm just trying to see what is actually going on in there. Paranoia SUCKS!

Quote:
You could also be wiping to harshly or too many swipes.
What about going to cloth or babywipes for a few days?
I will try that.

And I just reread my original post and realized how little sense I am making.

After a bowel movement I have pinkish mucousy discharge from my vagina. It has continued for a few days and today even included a few teeny spots of red blood.

Why didn't I just write that in the first place - sheeeeshhh :

#6 of 19 Old 01-24-2008, 11:29 PM

Quote:
And I just reread my original post and realized how little sense I am making.
oh no you are making total sense you are stressed about a m/c. I think you should mention your stress and the blood to your health care provider as they might then find something reassuring to tell you about your pregnancy. But if they don't know you are worried they usually don't say much.

The mucous might be a good sign? That big old plug has to be created sometime and stop poking what are you hoping to find up there those missing socks?

tiny spots of red I think honestly its wiping too harshly, poking yourself or cough being poked my someone else...

8 might be enough
#7 of 19 Old 01-25-2008, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
The mucous might be a good sign? That big old plug has to be created sometime and stop poking what are you hoping to find up there those missing socks? ...
Ha! No socks up there. I would know by now.

Quote:
tiny spots of red I think honestly its wiping too harshly, poking yourself or cough being poked my someone else...
I think you may be right there. It makes sense. After all my digging.
No poking by me or anyone else- poor dh. I am too paranoid for that right now.

I actually think everything is okay and feel really good about this pregnancy. It's just a disheartening thing to see after a loss. And it's always nice to hear that it's just within the range of normal.

#8 of 19 Old 01-25-2008, 12:18 AM

relax, pray.

When I get pregnant I feel like those little old ladies that talk about their BM's and the colour of their urine (Mrs Prune Juice) got to stop toilet bowl gazing

8 might be enough
#9 of 19 Old 01-25-2008, 12:23 AM

It sounds normal. When you push with a BM, it can squeeze things out. If it is just occasional streaking I wouldn't worry. If you start cramping or if the spotting increases, then I would call your midwife. I don't think it is from wiping too hard, especially since it is mixed with mucous from inside your vagina. I can't imagine how hard you'd have to wipe to make it bleed. Ouch!

Blessed mama of four
::
#10 of 19 Old 01-25-2008, 12:26 AM

You're fine

If I have a particularly... difficult... BM, I tend to have the pinkish mucus as well. I had it with my son, too.

The red spots could be from a little varicosity, perhaps? I develop little labial varicosities when I am preggo. They look like tiny blood blisters. About the size of this > o <. One time I wiped and had a little teeny (and I mean teeny) streak of RED blood. Freaked me out until I grabbed a mirror and noticed one of the little varicosities had broken, and it was just blood from that.
#11 of 19 Old 01-25-2008, 12:26 AM

Quote:
I can't imagine how hard you'd have to wipe to make it bleed
not that hard... especially if you are a mama in a hurry or nervous or using cheap toilet paper...
lol holy TMI thread
*mind you I also had a 4rth degree tear with my first birth so I have some major scar tissue...lol totally TMI

8 might be enough
#12 of 19 Old 01-25-2008, 12:27 AM

also the blood may not be from down there it could have been from your finger/hands as well.

8 might be enough
#13 of 19 Old 01-25-2008, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
relax, pray.
Thanks I needed that reminder.
Quote:
When I get pregnant I feel like those little old ladies that talk about their BM's and the colour of their urine (Mrs Prune Juice) got to stop toilet bowl gazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemelos View Post
I can't imagine how hard you'd have to wipe to make it bleed. Ouch!
I think the red blood was from all the poking I was doing with the tp to see if there was anymore there.

There is now a moratorium on poking per Shiloh's orders!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyoosh View Post
You're fine

The red spots could be from a little varicosity, perhaps? I develop little labial varicosities when I am preggo. They look like tiny blood blisters. About the size of this > o <. One time I wiped and had a little teeny (and I mean teeny) streak of RED blood. Freaked me out until I grabbed a mirror and noticed one of the little varicosities had broken, and it was just blood from that.
This was most definately from inside. Could I have varicosities IN there?

#14 of 19 Old 01-25-2008, 11:24 AM

My midwife said that sometimes we end up with traces of blood in bm's when we tend to strain. Veins and vessels are super lush (her word, not mine) so any slight roughness could cause blood. I say don't worry and mention it to the doctor. If you're really worried, call them.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#15 of 19 Old 01-25-2008, 12:03 PM

Very very very very NORMAL!!!!!

You strain with a BM and that can cause an irritated cervix to bleed somewhat. Spotting with cervical mucous is a very classic CERVICAL bleed, not uterine! You baby is snug.

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

#16 of 19 Old 01-25-2008, 12:36 PM

I knew exactly what you were talking about because I had the same thing around 8 weeks. I think I freaked out more because I have had a miscarriage in the past and anything that even looks like blood is very unwelcome. Mine was also what I would describe as streaking and I know what you mean by "digging" which isn't truly digging but just wiping very thoroughly to see if there's anymore of anything going on down there. My midwives assured me not to worry. I've had no more in the past 4 weeks but lots of women do and it can still be perfectly normal. I always find it better to voice my concerns and get reassurance rather than just keep worrying. Worrying is totally exhausting and who's got energy to spare in the first trimester?! Be reassured by that little heartbeat and try to relax. Easier said than done I know.
#17 of 19 Old 01-25-2008, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaSarah View Post
Very very very very NORMAL!!!!!

You strain with a BM and that can cause an irritated cervix to bleed somewhat. Spotting with cervical mucous is a very classic CERVICAL bleed, not uterine! You baby is snug.
Thanks!!

I guess I'm just surprised I have an irritated cervix. But I am soo glad to know it's normal.

#18 of 19 Old 01-25-2008, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusta View Post
I knew exactly what you were talking about because I had the same thing around 8 weeks. I think I freaked out more because I have had a miscarriage in the past and anything that even looks like blood is very unwelcome. Mine was also what I would describe as streaking and I know what you mean by "digging" which isn't truly digging but just wiping very thoroughly to see if there's anymore of anything going on down there. My midwives assured me not to worry. I've had no more in the past 4 weeks but lots of women do and it can still be perfectly normal. I always find it better to voice my concerns and get reassurance rather than just keep worrying. Worrying is totally exhausting and who's got energy to spare in the first trimester?! Be reassured by that little heartbeat and try to relax. Easier said than done I know.
Yep, nothing today so I am feeling better. It is so hard to see ANY blood after a loss. It brings up old feelings you think you have dealt with and there is a new level of fear. I HATE that. I try to live my life NOT being fearful of every little thing but when it's my kid or a pregnancy it's a much bigger challenge.

#19 of 19 Old 01-25-2008, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Ok so I posted too soon about no pink mucous today. I had a bunch right before ds and I went down for nap. I still think it's okay but it is now happening even though I am not having a bowel movement. Weird and uggggghh I just wish it would stop.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page