I can't Sleep - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 01-25-2008, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just felt like telling galls who care and understand. I am exhausted and can't sleep, been like this for weeks! i am so tired. Any ideas of what I can do??

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#2 of 13 Old 01-25-2008, 02:02 AM

Are you making sure you don't go to bed hungry? If I don't go to bed on a full stomach I can feel all anxious and jittery and I can't sleep unless I get up and eat something. Maybe a soothing cup of tea would help? Or a warm bath?

Blessed mama of four
::
#3 of 13 Old 01-25-2008, 02:18 AM

lol I saw that ambien thread...and thought hmm...
knock me out
I was wondering if a glass or two of wine would help but I am a nondrinker and in the past 2 drinks can get me extremely drunk...sure that's not on my list of approved substances....

I think part of my issues is my bladder is uber awake...
and all the food I crave is not here!!!!!!!

8 might be enough
#4 of 13 Old 01-25-2008, 11:28 AM

Welcome to my world every night. I know this may sound strange, but I have back problems and found that sleep on the floor is quite comfortable. Maybe try some floor stretches before bed or lying on the floor might get you to wind down.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#5 of 13 Old 01-25-2008, 11:41 AM

I was just coming to post the same thing!!!

For the last couple of weeks, I've been up for at least an hour or two, around 3 or 4am, tossing and turning (not even related to when I have to get up and pee). It SUCKS-I feel your pain!

I was wondering if it's because I've been going to bed earlier (I usually go to bed around 12, and get up around 6.30, lately I've been falling asleep around 9ish on the couch, then going up to bed around 11). So I'm going to try and stay awake til 9.30 or so, then go to bed properly. It is so frustrating, because I am a zombie all day-and I teach high school, so I need to be with it.

For me it's not related to hunger or comfort. I know that insomnia isn't an uncommon pregnancy symptom, just one of those truly annoying ones....I hope it ends soon!

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
#6 of 13 Old 01-25-2008, 11:41 AM

Ooh, and for me, drinks/Ambien aren't options I'd entertain. I just have to hope that at a certain point, my sleeping will go back to normal!!

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
#7 of 13 Old 01-25-2008, 04:21 PM

Do you have a place to do some quiet yoga before bed? I shut myself in the bedroom and just do some simple, soothing yoga poses and very subtle stretches. Sometimes some quiet music and low lighting with the yoga helps too.

Divorced mama to baby girl (7/5/06) and baby boy (8/5/08) Into anything fun and creative!
#8 of 13 Old 01-25-2008, 04:45 PM

lol they aren't something I am entertaining..
sometimes i wish I came with an off switch (especially to my bladder...)

8 might be enough
#9 of 13 Old 01-25-2008, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridgeart View Post
I was just coming to post the same thing!!!

For the last couple of weeks, I've been up for at least an hour or two, around 3 or 4am, tossing and turning (not even related to when I have to get up and pee). It SUCKS-I feel your pain!
Uhhhhhhhghghghghgh. Me too! Mine is like 1:30 to 3:30... toss, toss, toss. My kids are probably so annoyed with me rolling around in between them. I've been going to bed earlier too, but it's because i'm freakin' EXHAUSTED at the end of the day, LOL! So I'm sooo tired, not getting why I then can't sleep. It's endlessly frustrating.

This morning I was up at 6:30 to pee, then could not for the life of me get back to sleep. We all usually sleep until 8 (we are on a late shift around here.. ). At 7:30 I gave up and came downstairs and made muffins. LOL.
#10 of 13 Old 01-25-2008, 11:51 PM - Thread Starter

It seems like alot of us are having sleep problems. I never had this last time and I think it had alot to do with being a bit of a first time mom and not really knowing what I was getting myself into

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemelos View Post
Are you making sure you don't go to bed hungry? Maybe a soothing cup of tea would help? Or a warm bath?
I eat like a pig before bed but as soon as I lie down the nausea gets worse and the longer I lie there the worse it gets as my stomach empties so you are right in saying I should have a full stomach to go to sleep but sadly I do and it still does not help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_PI View Post
lying on the floor might get you to wind down.
I am the opposite I can NEVER get comfortable on the floor, it really hurts my back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridgeart View Post
Ooh, and for me, drinks/Ambien aren't options I'd entertain.
Me either even though I am feeling a bit desperate. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligeia View Post
Do you have a place to do some quiet yoga before bed?
Honestly I never really enjoyed yoga, I tried it multiple times with different instructors but it never really worked for me. BUT I do need to find a way to shut off my mind, I know that is a big part of my sleeplessness. I think a book would work except my hubbie can't sleep with a light on, I think if I purchased one of those reading lights I could get away with it and if I allowed myself to get drowse while reading I might actually fall asleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
sometimes i wish I came with an off switch (especially to my bladder...)
Yep this is a big problem also, as soon as I seem to get into a good sleep I am awoken to PEE! Then I can't sleep when I return. :

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#11 of 13 Old 01-26-2008, 12:02 AM

I feel your pain ladies...

Sweet dreams to all!
#12 of 13 Old 01-26-2008, 01:09 AM

the pee thing is really irking me..
I am peeing sometimes every half hour..

or maybe its the lack of dtd...
lol...the libido is awol and I am not looking for it.
I was actually entertaining buying depends...lol just incase I don't feel like getting out of bed AGAIN...I know part of it is I am sleeping on my stomach - while I still can!

8 might be enough
#13 of 13 Old 01-26-2008, 01:16 AM

I feel your pain too. I am not actually experiencing insomnia at this moment but I have in the past and it is soooo awful!

Things that helped: exercise (even a brisk walk in the afternoon seemed to help me sleep better), warm baths, soothing nighttime ritual, warm milk, sometimes I resorted to Unisom (my OB said it was safe).

I hope you start sleeping better soon.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page