College Grads, what is your Degree? And do you use it? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 01-29-2008, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a BA in English, with a focus on technical and scientific writing. I've been "using" my degree since graduation (i.e. been employed as a technical writer for 10 years). Most of those years, I've worked in the aerospace industry, so that's my forte. I went to school on scholarships for the first two years, and my parents paid for the remaining two years. I paid for 2 years of post-graduate school out of my own pocket. I haven't decided if I'm going back or not to finish my master's.

The flexability of my job allows me to work from home once the baby comes, so I'm lovin' it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 36 Old 01-29-2008, 02:28 PM

I have a Bachelor's in Clinical and Administrative Dietetics (nutrition) with minors in journalism and french. I was halfway through with my education when I met and married DH, and he wanted me to finish in case anything ever happened to him. It reassures him to know that I could support our family.

That being said, I have never used my degree and never plan to. I do have quite a bit of student loans, and I always feel guilty when it's time to make a payment. That's a lot of money to pay for a piece of paper. But I'm happy at home, homeschooling our 2 older children. It was never the plan for me to work, so unless something disastrous happens, we're happy living like we are.
#33 of 36 Old 01-29-2008, 02:42 PM

Not from your DDC but wanted to answer anyway...

I have a bachelors in Family and Consumer Sciences with an emphasis on Nutrition and Foods. Eventually I would like to get my IBCLC.

I just finished my degree in December 2007, so I haven't had much of a chance to use it professionally, although the nutrition knowledge is always useful. I know exactly how bad for me those chicken nuggets I ate yesterday are for me.

I currently work from home entering web content for a company that designs web sites for wineries, not exactly what I envisioned doing but it pays very well, and I get to work from home which is awesome. They are very flexible with me, its totally up to me if I want to work after the babe comes and if I do, I can work as little as 10 hours a week.

I am blessed that my parents were able to pay for my education (I went to a CSU) and do not have a single penny of student debt.

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!
#34 of 36 Old 01-29-2008, 03:37 PM

I have a BS in Accounting and an MBA. Right now I use my education every day. I plan on taking a break to be a SAHM, but I will probably eventually return to my field.

Baby Boy 9/08 & Baby Girl 3/11

#35 of 36 Old 01-29-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacelovingmama View Post
I also worked for the state of Califormia (after 4 years of private practice). You aren't by chance a fellow Deputy Attorney General, are you?
No - I work in Administrative Law, but I have a friend who's a DAG in Sacramento.

Number # 2 due 5/19/2011.
#36 of 36 Old 01-30-2008, 01:43 AM

I have a BS in Biochemistry.
I also have a MPH and a PhD in Epidemiology. I was about seven months pregnant when I defended for my doctorate. I SAH now but am working on finding a job back in Public Health, and as a sideline i'm also working on my photography business.

DS1 04/2005; DS2 08/2008

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page