What are you doing in regards to caffiene - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-11-2008, 07:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I never drank much caffine-containing beverages to begin with, but I've had a cup or two of tea several times last week. Yesterday, I had 3 cups of tea. Diet Coke just doesn't sound good to me anymore and I've never liked coffee. I think anything in moderation is fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2008, 08:15 PM

I havent been able to tolerate it since I got pg, even before I got a +...
It makes me a little sad as I had JUST bought bulk amounts of chai spices and tea...
Old 02-12-2008, 01:11 AM

I had given up coffee drinks months ago but I LOVE Coca-cola (had at least one can a day). When I found out I was pregnant I cut it down to about one every few days (the sugar was a concern too). My mom (paranoid about caffeine in pregnancy) promptly ran out and bought me a few 12 packs of caffeine free coke which is a perfectly acceptable substitute!
Old 02-12-2008, 03:14 AM

I didn't have any caffiene during my first trimest...though I couldn't handle the smell or taste of coffee, which I LOVE! So I switched to decaf tea...and just started to have some decaf coffee and a couple of cups of coffee total with this pregnancy...
Old 02-12-2008, 08:08 PM

i have caffeine once a month so I still do that when I feel like I need it.

earth.gif trottin', pole dancing, Norway and Sweden lovin' , hippie.gif,WOHM Kiddos born waterbirth.jpg 12/11/06 and 08/09/08 
belly.gif with #3 puke.gif EDD:01/2013 yikes2.gif So in love loveeyes.gif with my sweet Swede 2twins.gif and my bonus-son 10/25/98 carrot.gif

Old 02-12-2008, 08:46 PM

With both my other pregnancies I totally cut out coffee easily and with no side affects. I never drank much anyway, and don't drink soda.

But with this one, the combination of having a serious deadline on my dissertation, two kids to take care of, and unusually bad fatigue led to my decision to have one cappuccino a day, which according to the starbie's nutrition facts is 75mg's of caffeine. I hope that's not too much, and its not a compromise I would have made in the past, but I drop the kids off at school, order the cappuccino and then write for 2-3 hours. Then I go home and pretty much sleep until I have to pick them up, homework, make them dinner, baths, etc...

User Tag List