Am I the only one not buying anything yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 02-11-2008, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been given a couple of pass down items from my sister-in-law (we always pass down our favorite state college baby items) and I've made some booties, but not necessarily for this baby more just because I love to crochet. I just feel I don't know worried to buy something just yet. I figure after the 20 week ultrasound then I'll probably make some purchases. I'm researching what I would like to buy such as a double jogger stroller, but haven't purchased anything yet.

Am I the only one?

7th Heaven here we come! Due date early May
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 24 Old 02-11-2008, 09:07 PM

i have not brought anything yet either waiting until the 20 weeks to find out the sex

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
#3 of 24 Old 02-11-2008, 09:59 PM

No you're not the only one! I can't bring myself to buy anything until I know the gender! I'm a planner! It's just who I am!
#4 of 24 Old 02-11-2008, 10:31 PM

I have not bought anything either, not even yarn. Not really a reason just been too caught up in life and I really don't need all that much.

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#5 of 24 Old 02-11-2008, 10:58 PM

Well, I bought a couple of 2nd hand nb dipes I had to have just after getting the BFP-- nb Mutts. Oh yeah, and a nb Luxe wool soaker, and 2nd hand Lana and Aristocrat soakers for a great deal. BUT--then after that ridiculously early purchase around 5 weeks or so, lol, nada. I am more nervous now. Plus, we really dont need much at all. I will wait and buy a couple cute things for this little one, but much much much closer to dd. Yup, nothing like a massive bleeding episode at 11 weeks to put a damper on the fun of window shopping for cute nb stuff. Def. nervous and waiting, here. But 16 wks in a few days!
#6 of 24 Old 02-11-2008, 11:18 PM

I am 14 weeks and have not bought a thing yet. I just dont have the urge as of yet. I am sure I will make up for it in future months ;-)
#7 of 24 Old 02-11-2008, 11:35 PM

I have thrifted a few gender-neutral newborn outfits and have almost finished knitting a hat. We don't need very much, really, and I know we have lots of hand-me-downs coming our way.

I do need to get educated about slings!

The next things I need to buy are birthing books, though I think our library has a pretty good selection...

Decluttering SAHM of three. Going for 2011 items in 2011.
#8 of 24 Old 02-12-2008, 01:20 AM

I've bought a handful of things but nothing gender-specific. I still have all the stuff I used with my first baby, so I don't really NEED anything anyway.
#9 of 24 Old 02-12-2008, 01:25 AM

This is number 2 for us and we aren't finding out the gender this time either so I haven't (and probably won't) buy much of anything until after he or she arrives. We have everything we need from #1 who will be 4 when the new one arrives so he has outgrown all his "baby" stuff.

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#10 of 24 Old 02-12-2008, 01:39 AM

Haven't bought anything since finding out.
Had a number of things given to me, and made a few things like a year ago though.
#11 of 24 Old 02-12-2008, 01:43 AM

My DH came home right when we first found out we were pg with a cute onesie for the babe... So far this is all we have bought. This is #6 for us and I don't even think we need anything except for a few packs of diapers for the first few weeks. Baby "stuff" just tends to accumulate around us so we are set. LOL
#12 of 24 Old 02-12-2008, 02:09 AM

I am 15 weeks with my first and haven't bought anything yet. For some reason I feel nervous to buy anything yet. Maybe after the 20 week scan I will feel better about shopping.

Number # 2 due 5/19/2011.
#13 of 24 Old 02-12-2008, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solejean View Post
I am 15 weeks with my first and haven't bought anything yet. For some reason I feel nervous to buy anything yet. Maybe after the 20 week scan I will feel better about shopping.
Me too! and this is my 5th pregnancy, though 1st pregnancy after a recent miscarriage...
#14 of 24 Old 02-12-2008, 02:57 AM

I haven't bought anything, and really can't see anything I might need... maybe a sling... hrm I hadn't thought about buying anything yet at all!!!

I am not crunchy enough for this forum. Everyday I get a little crunchier though! :
#15 of 24 Old 02-12-2008, 03:55 AM - Thread Starter

Well that makes me feels so much better. I was starting to feel like a bad nester! I prefer to wait to find out what we're having.. although part of me wants to skip the u/s and be surprised.

I also don't think we'll need very much. I think once you're on your 3rd it's like well I need onesies, diapers, wipes and a blanket and that's about it. We also won a new car seat like months before we got pregnant so I don't have to worry about that.

Thank you ladies! I feel so much better!

7th Heaven here we come! Due date early May
#16 of 24 Old 02-12-2008, 03:56 AM

Naw, but this is number 3. The list is pretty short.

1) A Beco.

The end.

The first time I didn't really get anything until the third tri either. Cut it a little close with a few things, but it all worked out in time.
#17 of 24 Old 02-12-2008, 11:24 AM

Nothing yet because I either a) have lots of baby clothes in storage that I will get out and sort in a few months, or b) am waiting for the baby shower that I've been told I will be having. I won't even put together a gift registry until we are closer to the shower date.

The little one is the first grandchild for my husband's family. They are a *little* excited.

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#18 of 24 Old 02-12-2008, 11:42 AM

I don't need much this time around - with hand-me-downs from my sis and first baby. But, the items that I do need to buy are pricey and we are broke. New mattress, breast pump. I did buy a couple of fitted dipes from ebay, but that's it.
#19 of 24 Old 02-12-2008, 12:06 PM

Haven't bought a thing and my grandmother says I shouldn't until month 7. I beg to differ personally. LOL. I'm going to wait until week 20 and start stockpiling diapers, detergent and lotion.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#20 of 24 Old 02-12-2008, 01:15 PM
hyz

We have about 4 little outfits and I've knitted a couple things. We also picked up a few neat toys when we were out of the country (before we were pregnant), as much souvenirs as anything. Oh, and we have tons of kids' books--mostly mine from childhood. But that's it. Our future nursery is still full of books and boxes and papers and junk, so I want to get it set up with furniture and everything before buying too much stuff--I want to have a place to PUT the stuff. No rush on buying things, I figure--that's the easy/fun part.

Mom to sweet DD 8/08, and adorable DS 10/20/10
#21 of 24 Old 02-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Banned

not a thing, here.

a friend of mine bought me a onesie, but that's it. i haven't bought a thing, and really have no intention of buying anything until june or so.
#22 of 24 Old 02-12-2008, 03:17 PM

I haven't purchased much, although I need almost everything but the big furniture (we gave it all away after baby #2). The things I have purchased were because they were on clearance at such a great deal I couldn't pass them up (I got some gender neutral crib sheets at target for under $2, a boppy on craigslist for $5, and a couple diaper bags at target on clearance for under $10.) I'll probably start shopping more after I know the gender, but we're remodelling the children's bedrooms, so storage will be a problem until midsummer.
#23 of 24 Old 02-13-2008, 12:35 PM

This is baby #1 for me, and besides a few pieces of maternity clothing, all I've bought is a single onesie from the Dollar Spot at Target.
#24 of 24 Old 02-14-2008, 05:43 PM

I've bought diaper fabric and printed a newborn diaper pattern to make. I never cloth diapered my other kids as newborns, so I want to start making diapers now, so I'll be good enough at it and have enough to diaper this new baby, along with my other 2 kids still in diapers.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page