how much movement do you feel? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 03-11-2008, 01:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my second, and suddenly she's a real kicker!
just in the last few days, I'm feeling keep-me-awake kicks!
I have been feeling it for over a month, but this is major, kind of surprised it's so major already. My son was big, and my belly was always moving around so that other people noticed it. limbs jabbing out everywhere- so maybe this one is the same. Big and active!
it's exciting! I love this part!
#32 of 42 Old 03-11-2008, 09:32 AM

19 weeks tomorrow (wow, 19 weeks already) and I'm feeling kicks and movement everyday. Not so much early in the morning unless the little tike wants me to eat but definitely moreso around midday to early evening.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#33 of 42 Old 03-11-2008, 01:22 PM

Okay, today I've been feeling something that almost feels like small rumblings in one specific spot. It's definitely not gas (this pregnancy has made me a gas expert, unfortunately ), and it's not an upset stomach or anything like that. Could it be???

Mama to BeaMax, born 8-3-08 :
: : : : :
#34 of 42 Old 03-11-2008, 05:54 PM

Update!!!

Over the past coule of days I have noticed a poking feeling in my lower tummy near my pelvis. I gues this little one is wakingup!

''''

#35 of 42 Old 03-12-2008, 11:28 AM

This one is really starting to worry me--my dd was VERY active and I'm already 20 weeks and I *have* definitely felt movement, but not very much and not very strong so that I continue to doubt! Arrgh. I have had recent doppler that baby was moving around during, and hb was perfect soo I *guess* I shouldnt' worry. I just got so used to dd's strenuous making her presence known last pg, and I thought it would be the same but earlier the second time. SIGH. I, too, am moving from patient to decidedly IMPATIENT> But, I have ultrasound today, so hopefully all is fine. I will update this thread too, so that at least if everything is fine, other worried mamas will know that a 20 weeker has the same worries!
#36 of 42 Old 03-12-2008, 11:46 AM

This morning when I woke up, each baby started moving like crazy. I don't feel many kicks yet, but crazy hand movements and lots of shifting. It is so interesting to have the exact same movement on both sides of my body. And they are so different in their personalities already. The baby on the left is my wild one! And the baby on the right is my shy one!!

Sarah

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

#37 of 42 Old 03-12-2008, 02:10 PM

19 weeks and I feel nothing.
#38 of 42 Old 03-12-2008, 04:42 PM

Update to my post just above: I had an ultrasound today, and baby seems to be moving a ton, even though I can't feel a lot of it. ?? And, I am 20 weeks already. So, let this be some reassurance to worried mamas!!!
#39 of 42 Old 03-12-2008, 05:34 PM

I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow. This little one is very active. I just sat through a 45 minute kicking spree. I would rub my belly and the baby would kick right back. I've been feeling movements for a while now and for the last couple of weeks they've been pretty regular - around the same time everyday.

I go in tomorrow for my ultrasound. Some folks are guessing I have twins. I just can't tell. I have a few of the "signs" but not all.

My DS was a big baby and I'm guessing (if it is just one) that this one will be about the same size. UGH!

My midwives have scheduled the ultrasound with the same doc that did the one with my first pregnancy. She kept telling us that he was going to be big. I thought, okay, DH was over 8 lbs - that's fine. Wow, was I surprised when I pushed out 10lbs 11oz!
#40 of 42 Old 03-12-2008, 08:18 PM

Im 17 weeks and I feel movement a few times a day and the bumps are now strong enough to be felt from the outside too!
#41 of 42 Old 03-12-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
This pregnancy has been sooo different from my first, in many ways. As for movement, with my first I felt flutters in my 13th week that steadily grew stronger. I was told at the 18-week US that the placenta was in the back and with that position one tends to feel a lot more movement, much earlier. This time around I'm almost 18 weeks and have barely felt any movement at all yet. Every now and then I think I feel a kick/poke, but nothing like the frequent flutters I felt so early with DS. So I'm thinking my placenta must be in front this time.

Me too, exactly!

I never had very much morning sickness with my other pregnancies. In fact, I could count on one hand the times I threw up each time. This time I was sick--knock down, flat out sick--for the first trimester.

By this time with each pregnancy I had gained a *lot* of weight. More than the recommended amount. I've gained maybe 4 pounds this time.

And exactly the same as you with the movement.

Homesteading Mama to homeschoolin' kiddos London (10) ; Alexander (8) :; Holden (5) :; and Sergei born at home 8/18/08
#42 of 42 Old 03-12-2008, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saving_grace View Post
I'll be 18 weeks Monday. I feel the baby about every other day or two with a good strong kick but then not feel her again for a while. I think I feel some flutters every now and then but can't be sure if its baby or gas. For those mamas that are feeling baby now, how often does it occur? This is my second baby but I can't remember how frequently I felt my first moving around at this stage. I just get concerned sometimes that she's being too quiet when its been a whole day or 2 days without feeling her move much. Its probably just still a little too early.
I am 19 weeks and just today asked this question to my midwife. I feel my baby every day but not in the same way. She told me not to worry about it untill week 24 or 28.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page