Started my NB Dipe Stash! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 03-03-2008, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I couldn't help myself! I have been shopping the FSOT board to start collecting my NB diapers. We won't know the gender until the end of March, so I am just getting GN fitteds for now. My plan is to have 14-15 fitteds, 1 doz Indian infant prefolds (I know DH won't use these, but I will), 6 covers, and maybe 6 pockets or AIOs. I usually wash dipes every 2 days.

Here's what I have so far: fitteds

Top row: Little Beetles One
Row 2: Righteous Baby FLAM (would love more!), Nana's Bottoms, and a Kindhearted Woman (also love this!)
Row 3: Kissaluv 0
Row 4: Sandys XS

I want to try to find an afforable Mutt, Blueberry fitted, My Precious Baby by April, and a Lucy's Hope Chest fitteds to try. I might get more KL0s. I'm only shopping FSOT for the newborn sizes & have spent $81 so far. It's fun taking my time to find ones that I want to try!

Anyone else want to share pics of your stash in progress?

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 23 Old 03-03-2008, 03:51 PM

I would share pics but my stash is small and I have to do double

Your stash is looking so cute though

Mom to 4 beautiful girls, expecting a blessing in November. Come check out my etsy shop www.bowsweetbow.etsy.com

#3 of 23 Old 03-03-2008, 04:54 PM

Nice assortment you got there Deborah! I talking about NB fluff!

I've never cd a newborn. I didn't start till DD was 8 mo old. My newborn stash is done already . I've been collecting dipes since we were TTC over 18 mo ago. I don't need anything at all but I want to get another Thirsties NB cover. Off hand I know I have 2 dz newborn prefolds. 3 dz or more infant prefolds. 1 dz Kissaluvs size 0. Then I have NB covers: BSWW, Proraps & 1 Thirsties. The prefolds I got in co-ops. And the Kissaluvs and covers I got used. I did splurge and got a dozen custom Muttaqin's fitteds over a year ago (when we were still TTC). I only did wool & prefolds w/ DD and this time I want to try other systems as well and have fun w/ it!

15 are Newborn Muttaqin fitteds and 1 is a Small Kindhearted Women fitted. All have OV inners...half short OV and half long loop OV. Pic is here:
http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/h...egnancy020.jpg

Edited to say: I only have 2 dz newborn prefolds. I also noticed I made my 1,000th post with this one

Tina - mama to DD1 10.75yrs, DD2 6yrs, DD3 2.5 yrs & baby due in June 2015 and wifey to DH.
#4 of 23 Old 03-03-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugginhippie View Post
Nice assortment you got there Deborah! I talking about NB fluff!

I've never cd a newborn. I didn't start till DD was 8 mo old. My newborn stash is done already . I've been collecting dipes since we were TTC over 18 mo ago. I don't need anything at all but I want to get another Thirsties NB cover. Off hand I know I have 3 dz newborn prefolds. 3 dz or more infant prefolds. 1 dz Kissaluvs size 0. Then I have NB covers: BSWW, Proraps & 1 Thirsties. The prefolds I got in co-ops. And the Kissaluvs and covers I got used. I did splurge and got a dozen custom Muttaqin's fitteds over a year ago (when we were still TTC). I only did wool & prefolds w/ DD and this time I want to try other systems as well and have fun w/ it!

15 are Newborn Muttaqin fitteds and 1 is a Small Kindhearted Women fitted. All have OV inners...half short OV and half long loop OV. Pic is here:
http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/h...egnancy020.jpg
wow! Now that is one impressive stash! I have about 2 dozen prefolds and a dozen fitteds, and maybe 4 covers I think. I got them all used but I have to diaper 2 so I have some work to do.

Mom to 4 beautiful girls, expecting a blessing in November. Come check out my etsy shop www.bowsweetbow.etsy.com

#5 of 23 Old 03-03-2008, 06:17 PM

I'm only doing flats until babe fits into M - then I will do fitteds and wool with some BG one size for our sitter.

Any recs for covers for flats? I'll mostly be using wool, but some PUL for under clothes is fine, too.

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

#6 of 23 Old 03-03-2008, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, you guys are making progress! I am so jealous of that big Mutt stash, I am having a hard time finding GN ones so I am going to wait on those till we know the sex.

Poopzmom, I have a local friend that has 6 mo old twins she cd's and she has a simple stash of prefolds, a few homemade fitteds, Bummis and Thirsties. I already asked if I can buy some covers from her when we know the sex (she has boy/girl twins.) I've been so impressed with her cding twins, she really took to it!

Oh yeah, I forgot that I have 4 bG! 2.0 onesize dipes that DS uses still and a few outgrown KL1 & 2s.

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
#7 of 23 Old 03-03-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySunflowerBoys View Post

Poopzmom, I have a local friend that has 6 mo old twins she cd's and she has a simple stash of prefolds, a few homemade fitteds, Bummis and Thirsties. I already asked if I can buy some covers from her when we know the sex (she has boy/girl twins.) I've been so impressed with her cding twins, she really took to it!
Yeah I want to keep it simple too. At first I was intimidated by diapering 3 bc my dd will be 2 1/2 but shes been in undies the last couple days and shes doing great! So I might be down to 2, which I can handle.

#8 of 23 Old 03-03-2008, 10:07 PM

Where did you get the sweet pea diaper? That is adorable!!!
#9 of 23 Old 03-03-2008, 11:08 PM

I've started making and buying my stash, too. So far, its been the funnest part of being pregnant. Ironically, I'm all set for larges, and almost all set for mediums, but I don't have too many newborns. I made 4 nb AIOs this week using some cute DIY PUL I had done in a coop last spring, and I have a couple small sandy's, two BG AIOs, two small ME AIOs, a ME OS, two homemade OS, a small fuzzibunz, two homemade fitteds, one homemade cover, a stacinator so-simple cover, a dozen infant prefolds, and 3 dozen regular prefolds...hmmm, that looks like a lot more now that I've typed it out. I've been thinking about getting some kissaluvs, but I remember they were my slowest drying dipes with the boys, and as cute as they are, I'm not sure I want to bother with them again. DH is just glad I'm sewing some this time.
#10 of 23 Old 03-03-2008, 11:59 PM

Ooh, cloth diapers! I really don't need anything, I cd'd dd1 from birth less than 2 years ago and saved it all. Still have 2 dozen KL0s and some small FBs and size 1 Little beetles. Within the week after I found out I was pg, though, I started stalking the boards again, and bought a 2nd hand nb Mutt to try, and splurged on a small Fussybutt (defintely a splurge even though 2nd hand, lol!) and found an EUC small aristocrats wool for night, and a Lana wool for night, I had always wanted to try these and they were EEUC so I couldnt' resist. Stopped thinking/looking at dipes though once I bled so much at 11 weeks--starting to calm down again so this is a fun post for me! Maybe soon I'll pull them back out and do a pic
#11 of 23 Old 03-04-2008, 12:43 AM

I have lovely diapers for one baby, the second set is going to be borrowed (36 kissaluvs size 0) and 24 prefolds and Bummies SWW. I will have to get my stash together and take some pictures!

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

#12 of 23 Old 03-04-2008, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliarose View Post
Where did you get the sweet pea diaper? That is adorable!!!
Thank you It was part of my Muttaqin custom.

Tina - mama to DD1 10.75yrs, DD2 6yrs, DD3 2.5 yrs & baby due in June 2015 and wifey to DH.
#13 of 23 Old 03-04-2008, 12:09 PM

I am finished with my stash. I went crazy and bought tons weeks ago. I will take a pic in a minute. I'm just waiting on a FFS box that a mama is giving me. She makes diapers too so I'm waiting for her to finish those up.

Chelci

Chelci  Anthony, parents to:  E- 11/2006, A- 07/2008, and K- 09/2014.
A Few Facts About Our Family  

#14 of 23 Old 03-04-2008, 11:38 PM

I don't have any NB dipes. I only have a bunch of M and one-size pockets and AIOs. I do have about a dozen large prefolds, and a ton of hemp doublers. This is from when we started cloth with DS, I think he was around 9 or 10 months.

I have been thinking about cloth as a NB - ideally I would do this. But I'm nervous. I could barely walk straight, eat, or much of anything at all with newbie DS, I don't know how I could have the energy to do cloth. I don't know. Maybe it will be easier this time.

An introvert and ain't ashamed of it!  love.gif
#15 of 23 Old 03-05-2008, 04:12 AM

I have a dozen KL0, and that's it. I have tiny babies, too, so I can't just skip the NB and go for the small. I think I'll have to work on that. I really want some fancy diapers, but we haven't decided whether we'll learn the gender of the baby before it's born.
#16 of 23 Old 03-05-2008, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyddeville View Post
I have a dozen KL0, and that's it. I have tiny babies, too, so I can't just skip the NB and go for the small.
Me too, both boys were under 6.6 lbs at birth and slow, steady gainers the first few months. We even used premmie clothes for a couple weeks after being sick of them swimming in newborn ones!

Of course, my mom says, watch this one will weigh 8 lbs!

#17 of 23 Old 03-05-2008, 01:19 PM

You guys have awesome stashes!

I still think DH is mostly entertaining me on the CD thing; he doesn't think I'll stick with it. But whatever. His mother just laughs and says the babe better be in disposables when she watches it. There too, whatever.

So far, I have 5 lovely Bella Bottoms one-size hemp and bamboo diapers, plus two dozen IPFs and a few BSWWs that came with them. All from Craigslist, and pretty cheap too! I'm thinking of picking up more small PFs and some of the Prorap seconds from their phone line.
#18 of 23 Old 03-05-2008, 06:14 PM

oops, double posted
#19 of 23 Old 03-06-2008, 09:38 AM

I am embarrassed to say that I cannot even close the botom drawer anymore. : I have 32 fitteds, two sleep sacks, two pair of shorties, two soakers, a couple fleece covers, 2 doz infant prefolds... I NEED to stop buying so if it is a girl (after two boys) I can go nuts on girly wool

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#20 of 23 Old 03-16-2008, 06:06 PM

Hi Ladies,

Those are great stashes!

I've been working on my stash. We ec and had a diaper service with our son, so I haven't felt the diaper laundry to be overwhelming (plus, ds will probably graduate by the summer) I'm leaning towards going without the diaper service this time. Ds was 9lbs and chances are this baby will be a good size, too. I've been buying size small fitteds, and aios. Do you think I should buy some nbs size, too? I have some prefolds, too. tia for the advice

Zoie, granola mum to three boys on earth, one girl who soars  
#21 of 23 Old 03-17-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmom4 View Post
I'm only doing flats until babe fits into M - then I will do fitteds and wool with some BG one size for our sitter.

Any recs for covers for flats? I'll mostly be using wool, but some PUL for under clothes is fine, too.
I discovered BB minky one size pockets. A few of those *may* have found their way into my house after all I've also gotten a Lana soaker and am planning to get a disana soaker in addition to my knitted shorties and soakers.

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

#22 of 23 Old 03-19-2008, 12:52 AM

Now, I also have 2 pairs of longies to go with my 12KL0. We're going to be living in the Seattle area by the time the babe comes, and it's not like it will be hot there, even in the summer. But I know I need some more covers. . I should get knitting them.
#23 of 23 Old 03-20-2008, 01:00 AM

Great stashes ladies! I'll have to take pics of mine and post. I do want to dye all my natural fitteds though, so maybe I'll take pics when those are done. I panicked there for a minute and was buying up a ton of nb dipes! So I have a good stash right now for about 2 days to wash, but I'll probably end up with quite a bit more! Especially when we find out the sex next week!

TF, BF, CD, HS, AP'ing Mama!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page