how much weight have you gained? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 80 Old 03-11-2008, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
18 weeks today and still have not gained a single pound. We had an ultrasound yesterday that showed baby measuring exactly 18 weeks (based on measurements of the femur, humerus, abdomen, and head). So I feel confident that baby is getting what she needs despite my lack of weight gain. I do expect to start gaining from this point forward, although we'll just see how it goes. I'm sticking to eating when I'm hungry and making every calorie a nutritious one.
That's a great way to look at it, Wednesday. That's pretty much what I do too. I eat lots of veggies and fruit, and just watch my diet overall (although an occassional Big Mac sneaks in there once a week). LOL

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 80 Old 03-11-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatolea View Post
Back from my appt finally. I lost another 10 lbs, that is 30lbs down this pregnancy.
Wow!!! That is a ton of weight to lose!! Is everything ok?

Jessica ~ SAHM to Julianne (5-19-07) & Jocelyn (8-10-08) #3 12-25-10
Wife to my best friend and love of my life
#63 of 80 Old 03-13-2008, 03:53 PM

LOL!!I just got done reading all of the previous posts, and now am extremely worried! You see, this is my 4th pregnancy, I am 18wks along, and have gained, ahum... 30lbs already!: I gained 77lbs with my first, but had pre-eclampsia, so retained alot of fluid. Lost all but 18lbs (I was underweight before preg), gained 30lbs with my second, lost it all, gained 29lbs with my third, lost all but 10lbs. So pre-preg, I was 150lbs, and found out today that I'm 184lbs!!! Wowwie!! I still have a LONG way to go!! I am measuring a bit big, as my fundus was at my belly button at 12wks. so it's all baby!
#64 of 80 Old 03-13-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice2605 View Post
LOL!!I just got done reading all of the previous posts, and now am extremely worried! You see, this is my 4th pregnancy, I am 18wks along, and have gained, ahum... 30lbs already!: I gained 77lbs with my first, but had pre-eclampsia, so retained alot of fluid. Lost all but 18lbs (I was underweight before preg), gained 30lbs with my second, lost it all, gained 29lbs with my third, lost all but 10lbs. So pre-preg, I was 150lbs, and found out today that I'm 184lbs!!! Wowwie!! I still have a LONG way to go!! I am measuring a bit big, as my fundus was at my belly button at 12wks. so it's all baby!
Holy Mother of Ex-Lax! Well, at least you know your baby will be a decent and healthy one. LOL. Don't worry about the weight. Our bodies were meant for this. This is why women rock!

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#65 of 80 Old 03-13-2008, 05:03 PM

I think I haven't gained because Aka_chan's taught my body what a metabolism is.
#66 of 80 Old 03-13-2008, 05:46 PM

During December I went from 145 to 140, but am now at 153. So, 8 pounds.

Decluttering SAHM of three. Going for 2011 items in 2011.
#67 of 80 Old 03-13-2008, 06:01 PM

I gained another 2 lbs since my appt on 2.27 I found out yesterday when I went in for some localized pain. So my urine's being checked & he's worried about my appendix. Just keeping my fingers crossed it's nothing but stretching : My next appt is March 27th, probably will have gained another 2 lbs. I'll balloon up nicely by the end of August!!!

Meredyth partners.gif Travis, Mama to my boys J, L, E & my girl B
Bella Rose is here 07/29/10!
Always missing my angel1.gif
#68 of 80 Old 03-14-2008, 03:36 PM

I think I've gained 6-8lb and I'm 16 weeks. I'm fine with that weight gain. I gained 40lb each with DS and DD, and I lost all the weight each time. My body just seems to like gaining a LOT of weight!
#69 of 80 Old 03-14-2008, 04:03 PM

I'll be 16 weeks on Monday, and I've gained 20 lbs. I'm hoping to gain another 20-30 (I was underweight to begin with.)

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
#70 of 80 Old 03-14-2008, 06:52 PM
hyz

Um, is there an official way on how to count lbs? I mean, I lost and then regained about 5 lbs during this pregnancy, and then gained 5 more, so do I count it from my pre-preg weight (a total weight gain of 5 lbs) or from my lowest recent weight during pregnancy (total weight gain of 10 lbs)?

'Cause I have to say, thinking I gained 5 lbs at 20 weeks makes me feel pretty good, but 10 lbs at 20 weeks makes me feel a bit nervous (I mean, I'm barely showing yet, so where is all that weight going!? : And how much will I gain when I actually start showing!? ). And before I get any lectures--I'm not trying to limit my weight--just eating healthy food when I'm hungry, and letting things take their course.

Mom to sweet DD 8/08, and adorable DS 10/20/10
#71 of 80 Old 03-14-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyz View Post
Um, is there an official way on how to count lbs? I mean, I lost and then regained about 5 lbs during this pregnancy, and then gained 5 more, so do I count it from my pre-preg weight (a total weight gain of 5 lbs) or from my lowest recent weight during pregnancy (total weight gain of 10 lbs)?

'Cause I have to say, thinking I gained 5 lbs at 20 weeks makes me feel pretty good, but 10 lbs at 20 weeks makes me feel a bit nervous (I mean, I'm barely showing yet, so where is all that weight going!? : And how much will I gain when I actually start showing!? ). And before I get any lectures--I'm not trying to limit my weight--just eating healthy food when I'm hungry, and letting things take their course.
I'm counting from the number I've arbitrarily set as my pre-pregnancy weight, which is actually my 8 week weight.

I'm growing but not gaining weight, so shouldn't my arms be thinner or something?
#72 of 80 Old 03-14-2008, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
I'm growing but not gaining weight, so shouldn't my arms be thinner or something?
The studies on maternal weight gain show that women who gain on the lower end during pregnancy, do show a decrease in BMI over the course of the pregnancy. So yeah, actually, your arms SHOULD be thinner But probably it's not a drastic decrease.
#73 of 80 Old 03-15-2008, 01:39 AM
hyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
I'm counting from the number I've arbitrarily set as my pre-pregnancy weight, which is actually my 8 week weight.

lol. That'd be nice, maybe. I'm growing in the front (stomach/breasts), and I'm really hoping it's shaving some off the back at the same time. lol. But at 20 weeks, I can still wear my regular pants buttoned if I suck in my stomach (pretty darn uncomfortable for more than a few seconds), and I can wear them comfortably all day if I do the rubber band/button hole thing.

Mom to sweet DD 8/08, and adorable DS 10/20/10
#74 of 80 Old 03-15-2008, 04:17 PM

Thank you SO much for this thread. My midwife just told me that I need to increase my food intake because I've only gained 3 lbs at 17 wks. I've been eating and eating, but I've felt like I'm overdoing it. I still want to maintain my conscious eating habits and focus on quality high-protein nourishing foods for both me and baby.
#75 of 80 Old 03-15-2008, 05:12 PM

hahah i said i made gained 10 lbs heheh

well i only gained 3lbs wow i was way off but cause iam on the heavy side my doc said noo more then 10 - 15lbs which soo far it is fine heheheh

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
#76 of 80 Old 03-18-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkymum View Post
Thank you SO much for this thread. My midwife just told me that I need to increase my food intake because I've only gained 3 lbs at 17 wks. I've been eating and eating, but I've felt like I'm overdoing it. I still want to maintain my conscious eating habits and focus on quality high-protein nourishing foods for both me and baby.
Same here except its 6 lbs @ 20 weeks and I had ketones in my urine which means I'm not getting enough calories. I feel like I'm eating a ton already. I'm supposed to be getting at least 70-75 grams of protein a day so perhaps that's curbing my appetite and making me feel full - plus all this water I'm supposed to be drinking too could be cutting into my appetite. I guess I'm going to have to start grazing all day - moooo!!
#77 of 80 Old 03-18-2008, 04:10 PM

No true weight gain as of 17 weeks for me. I was so sick the first trimester that I lost weight although I can't be sure how much because I never weighed myself before. Between 13 and 17 weeks I put back on 2 pounds, but that's it so far.

I definitely have a noticable belly though despite the weight loss.

Heather
#78 of 80 Old 03-18-2008, 06:30 PM

i am so glad that my midwife hasnt said anything about me not gaining enough weight.
i am around 20 weeks and still weigh less than i did when i got pregnant (by around 3-5 pounds) but i have a very noticeable belly now.

earth.gif trottin', pole dancing, Norway and Sweden lovin' , hippie.gif,WOHM Kiddos born waterbirth.jpg 12/11/06 and 08/09/08 
belly.gif with #3 puke.gif EDD:01/2013 yikes2.gif So in love loveeyes.gif with my sweet Swede 2twins.gif and my bonus-son 10/25/98 carrot.gif

#79 of 80 Old 03-18-2008, 09:10 PM

yoinks. I went to the doctor for my UTI today and I have gained 9 lbs since feb 26th.
#80 of 80 Old 03-19-2008, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saving_grace View Post
I'm supposed to be getting at least 70-75 grams of protein a day so perhaps that's curbing my appetite and making me feel full.
Eat on, sister! (We'll graze together.) I've found it's easiest to eat protein-efficient foods. So example, there's a yogurt called FAGE; with a 7 oz serving I can get 17 g protein. I up it to 20 g by adding dried fruit and nuts. DH just brought home this dense bread that has 7 g/slice. With some spread, that kicks it even higher. That way, we get our protein but still have the appetite to eat higher calorie foods throughout the day too. Good luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page