Anyone still having weird dreams? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-06-2008, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I missed my morning class today because I was having a dream that we couldn't find our new kitten. We don't have a new kitten. In fact, we've never had a cat that small since we got the girls when they were about a year old.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2008, 03:17 PM

I had a dream last night and all through it I was chain smoking. I've never smoked in my life!

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

Old 03-06-2008, 03:33 PM

i had a weird dream the other night that i went into my obgyns office and i found out i was in fact pregnant with twins and my baby that disappeared was a 3rd baby lol dude talk about freaked out

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
Old 03-06-2008, 03:38 PM

I had a dream a couple of nights ago that I gave birth now but that the baby was fine, just real small like my son who was stillborn at 18 weeks. They handed her to me and she had the head of a cabbage patch doll, real big relative to its size and bald and the close-together doll-like eyes. We just kept staring at each other. Then my husband turned to my sister who was in the delivery room with us and said, "Okay. You can hold her next, and then that's it." He meant that no one else was ever going to hold her once he got ahold of her. It was cute and weird all at the same time.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmom4 View Post
I had a dream last night and all through it I was chain smoking. I've never smoked in my life!

I keep having dreams that I'm out partying in some bar or someones house doing shot after shot of tequilla, and I HATE tequilla, and I haven't partied since I got pregnant with ds! It's so weird.

Last night I dreamed I took the baby out so DH could see, and she was tiny and perfect, with big brown eyes and dark hair, but tiny, the size of a pear maybe. Then DH wanted to keep her in a shoe box, and I told him she had to go back in, I only took her out to look at.

I am not crunchy enough for this forum. Everyday I get a little crunchier though! :
Old 03-06-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
Last night I dreamed I took the baby out so DH could see, and she was tiny and perfect, with big brown eyes and dark hair, but tiny, the size of a pear maybe. Then DH wanted to keep her in a shoe box, and I told him she had to go back in, I only took her out to look at.
omg that is tooo funny u hubby wanted to keep her in a shoe box lol

only if we could take them out just to look then put them back heheheeh or maybe if our bellys had a see throw window i think that would be cool

Old 03-06-2008, 08:51 PM

Yeah, talk of weird dreams.

I had one a week ago, an actual nightmare for once.

I had done some working out the day before, the next day I was getting a lot of ligament pains. I fell asleep feeling these and dreamed that my baby died, and like appeared through my skin it was black and blue, I freaked out and tried to push it back into my skin and it appeared again, dead looking on the other side of my abdomen I pushed it back in. Thinking I had definitely miscarried I tried pushing it out, it didn't work. Other things happened to but I felt so guilty and embarrassed and thought real life thoughts like, what would i tell my family and friends and what would i do with all of the stuff I had already bought.

Ugh it was horrible. Needless to say I spent the day crying and worrying.

Last night I dreamed of zombies. wth?

SAHM Amber 24      DH Chris 26     DS Aiden  3  BFP for Christmas!!   25****30****35baby.gif***40!! 8/30 It's a stork-girl.gif

Old 03-07-2008, 02:04 AM

OMG, don't get me started on the bizarre dreams. They usually involve some totally wacky sexual encounter with someone I'd never dream of hooking up with IRL....like Danny Devito. :

I did have one really cool one where I was standing on a bed that had a headboard on it, and across the room was a big mirror. And when I put my leg up on the headboard, the sun from the window hit my belly in such a way that when I looked in the mirror, my skin was transparent and I could see the baby inside. It was really weird but cool!
Old 03-07-2008, 02:06 AM

Last night I dreamt that my husband was leaving me for the female star of a shoot-em-up Japanese western movie and he wanted me to plan the wedding.

Distraction is not the same thing as play.
Be part of the diaper free revolution. 

DS1, 6 years.  DS2, 4 years.  DS3, brand new!  (April 2012)

Old 03-07-2008, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytomahmoud View Post
omg that is tooo funny u hubby wanted to keep her in a shoe box lol

only if we could take them out just to look then put them back heheheeh or maybe if our bellys had a see throw window i think that would be cool
I'll never forget it, what an awesome crazy dream!

I'd really like it if we could see into our bellies. My 3 yr old nephew is convinced he can yell down my throat and the baby will hear him, and is always trying to get a look at the babe by prying my mouth open and peering inside.

I am not crunchy enough for this forum. Everyday I get a little crunchier though! :
Old 03-07-2008, 01:57 PM

I've only had one pregnancy dream - just a few nights ago. I dreamed that I walked into a hospital room where lots of my friends and family were. Then I saw this gigantic baby (like 6+ months old-looking) who was covered in blue slime and I knew he was my baby - though I had no recollection of labor or birth. We wiped off the baby and I was holding him, but he was sitting up on his own. Then he started trying to feed himself green gummy bears - but he kept missing his mouth and hitting just below his nose. One of my friends started telling me about the birth and said something like, "It took a chunk out of you," which I took to mean that I had torn very, very badly. Then I realized I needed to go to the restroom but I was afraid to because the labor had taken "a chunk out of" me, and I didn't know how I could manage going to the restroom while still holding the baby. I'm sure a pyschologist could have lots of fun with that dream!
Old 03-07-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
I'll never forget it, what an awesome crazy dream!

I'd really like it if we could see into our bellies. My 3 yr old nephew is convinced he can yell down my throat and the baby will hear him, and is always trying to get a look at the babe by prying my mouth open and peering inside.
omg that is too funny about ur 3yr old nephew kids r the cutest i love it

Old 03-07-2008, 03:08 PM

No weird dreams since the dream I had about hitting my child's father in the head with the phone when I found out he was cheating. In actuality, he is cheating but I didn't hit him in the head. LOL

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

Old 03-07-2008, 11:49 PM

I've had all kinds of weird dreams. I'd say about 90% of the time, one of my exes is in there somewhere. I've never dreamed about them (that I can recall) and this has been almost a nightly occurance. They aren't pleasant, we're not friends in the dreams and they aren't sexual, so I'm not sure what is going on.

In one, my ex from HS was involved in a murder. (I read it in the paper) I went to see his sister and console her and he showed up. He acted like he was leaving, but followed me home to try to kill me.

Most of them involve another ex, but they're just weird. In one, he was a ticket taker somewhere, like a carnival. Or, he and I are "dating" but I'm depressed because it feels wrong. Then, I realize I'm with Jesse (DH) and relief washes over me. That has happened in several dreams.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:06 PM

Laast night was a good one. My teeth were falling out. I was on a soccer team but then we couldnt decide if we were playing soccer or football. We lost. I was very scared thinking someone was breaking into house and then come to find out the building is on fire. And I saw the baby move like one of those big rolls usually at the end of prego accept there was a bright light coming from within. Yeah I had a whole bunch of stuff in this one dream.

maya mama to dd 10,ds 5,ds 21m &15weeks
Old 03-08-2008, 12:23 PM

"Teeth falling out" scenarios are classic anxiety dreams. I have those once in a while...

Decluttering SAHM of three. Going for 2011 items in 2011.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:28 AM

I have bizarre dreams just about every night, but I was prone to pretty vivid dreams and nightmares prepregnancy as well.

Earlier this week I had a dream that my water broke in the shower at 16 weeks and I delivered a little girl a few minutes later. Oddly she was a good 5lbs or so and seemingly healthy, but then I had difficulty getting to the hospital to get her checked out. But it gets weirder. I get to the hospital and I'm in the waiting room nursing her and I look down and my nipple basically pulled off my breast, but was still attached by a long tube. What the heck is that supposed to mean?

They've been crazy since conception really and just keep getting weirder.

Heather
Old 03-11-2008, 10:36 AM

No weird ones this week. Last week I did dream that the baby was a boy but I don't know. We're definitely finding out the sex at the appointment next though.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

Old 03-12-2008, 02:25 PM

I think this is my favorite DDC thread so far, lol. You all are some crazy mamas! LOL.

Ok, I had another weird one last night-- dp and I had moved into a new house or rental, kind of a weird-ish house, but the kicker was we discovered after a couple of days that the previous tenants/owners hadn't told us that there was someone living in the bedroom closet. A brilliant scientist who mostly stayed hidden and curled up in the closet, but was a childlike crossdresser who liked to go out for ladies lunches in a pink Jackie O dress. HUH?
Old 03-12-2008, 09:54 PM

What really bothers me about this whole 'weird dream' stuff is the sexual dreams. I'm prone to "strange" dreams or even nightmares but not sexual dreams. I love my husband and am totally devoted to him. I have no desire for a 'relationship' outside my marriage, especially w/ his best friend. So why have I had so many dreams about him? In two, he was married to a random woman and they were having kids of their own. (FYI, this friend is "focusing on his career" -ya know, a bachelor! LOL) So that's weird by itself. Then I had a sexual dream about him that was so vivid that I woke up .... in the mood. I had to lie to DH and say it was him I was dreaming about! I really don't like these dreams. :

User Tag List