What do you miss most during pregnancy? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 03-09-2008, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I miss: alcohol (not an alocoholic, but loved to unwind with a nice drink or beer with hubby at the end of a long day), caffeine, and feeling normal.

I am tired of my hips killing me lying in bed and having to roll from one side to the other, then finally having to move to a semi propped position on my back cuz I just can't take the pain anymore.

I also miss that I didn't get all my weight off before this baby. I had already lost 50 pounds and had about 30-40 to go.

Still eat feta cheese (never have found an unpasteurized version), still eat lunch meat, love love a big ole turkey sub with avocado.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 38 Old 03-09-2008, 04:17 PM

I miss: alcohol (not an alocoholic, but loved to unwind with a nice drink or beer with hubby at the end of a long day), caffeine, and feeling normal.

I am tired of my hips killing me lying in bed and having to roll from one side to the other, then finally having to move to a semi propped position on my back cuz I just can't take the pain anymore.

I also miss that I didn't get all my weight off before this baby. I had already lost 50 pounds and had about 30-40 to go.

Still eat feta cheese (never have found an unpasteurized version), still eat lunch meat, love love a big ole turkey sub with avocado.
#33 of 38 Old 03-09-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Eating because I want to and am hungry, NOT because I feel like I'm going to literally fall over if I don't eat something RIGHT NOW.
Yeah, that's a huge one. I'd add to the falling over part "to keep myself from going on a homicidal rampage."

Decluttering SAHM of three. Going for 2011 items in 2011.
#34 of 38 Old 03-09-2008, 08:10 PM

did somebody say margaritas? ahhh
#35 of 38 Old 03-09-2008, 08:30 PM

I miss sleeping on my back

Mom to 4 beautiful girls, expecting a blessing in November. Come check out my etsy shop www.bowsweetbow.etsy.com

#36 of 38 Old 03-11-2008, 10:47 AM

This week:

Sleeping on my stomach, sleeping on my back.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#37 of 38 Old 03-11-2008, 11:52 AM

Sleeping through the night.

Margaritas.

My pants. I like some of my mat pants...but they're not -my- pants.

I -don't- miss my periods or PMS!
#38 of 38 Old 03-11-2008, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmom4 View Post
No feta? For real? I just had some last night... I think all cheese produced in the US, even the soft cheeses, are pasteurized so feel free to feta away!
In addition to unpasteurized cheese, it is also recommended that pregnant women avoid mold-ripened soft cheeses (like brie) and blue-veined cheeses because they are good growth mediums for listeria spp. FWIW, I eat pretty much the same pregnant as when I'm not pregnant. I am not an especially cautious person and the risks feel kinda far-fetched.

I miss wine - I didn't drink it often but there have been a couple of times recently where I would have *really* enjoyed a big glass to unwind. And I miss my old pants - why are all maternity clothes (especially pants) ill-fitting and/or polyester? I always feel like I'm crawling out of my skin by the time I get home from work and change.

ETA: Feta is safe during pregnancy, assuming it's pasturized.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page