What do you miss most during pregnancy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-06-2008, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I miss feta, sleeping on my belly, sleeping at all actually..lol and not being tired all the time!

You?

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2008, 04:19 PM

Beer LOL I have craved it from day one LOL
Oh and Im sick and nothing sounds better than a Hot Toddy. Or five, and then a long, long nap LOL
Old 03-06-2008, 04:20 PM

i miss advil i miss being able to wake up and not throw up lol i still eat feta and i still sleep on my belly and i still sleep very good and well sex is great lol

one thing i dooooo totally hate about being pregnant is the headaches my doc said it is part of pregnancy sorry but dont take advil u r in ur sec tri it is a noo noo after the first man i take it one time and i get yellied at lol

i try not to limit things tooo much while pregnant

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
Old 03-06-2008, 04:21 PM
hyz

Other than my normal body shape, having clothes that fit, and not being tired all the time? lol. I'd probably say alcohol. I'm not much of a drinker, but now I realize how much I appreciated a beer or two with friends on the weekend, or having an occasional glass of wine with DH to relax in the evening. I also miss runny eggs. It's just not the same when they're all cooked within an inch of their life.

Mom to sweet DD 8/08, and adorable DS 10/20/10
Old 03-06-2008, 04:44 PM

I miss the energy. I wish I had some. Every day the kids run circles around me and I can't do anything but watch.

I really wish I was not so tired all the time too.

Jenn
Old 03-06-2008, 05:57 PM

I miss playing roller derby! and wine and bourbon. and my energy.

Oh, and as long as the feta (or other soft cheese) is pasteurized, it is safe. btw
Old 03-06-2008, 06:06 PM

No feta? For real? I just had some last night... I think all cheese produced in the US, even the soft cheeses, are pasteurized so feel free to feta away!

I'm missing margaritas right now. And being able to brush my teeth without gagging.

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

Old 03-06-2008, 06:07 PM

Margaritas. Definitely margaritas

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

Old 03-06-2008, 06:14 PM

Energy, mixed drinks, not having odd pains, and not having crazy hormonal issues.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:40 PM

Feeling sane, working out, being thin, I am not used to having to wear big clothes.. bad enough maternity clothes don't fit me cause I'm too small, MY 21st BDAY haha, in may, oh well I'll have to celebrate after the baby.

Uhm.. my favorite video game DDR/ITG :<

I feel like I can't do anything u.u

No sushi.

Le sigh ;P Only like 5 1/2 months left!

SAHM Amber 24      DH Chris 26     DS Aiden  3  BFP for Christmas!!   25****30****35baby.gif***40!! 8/30 It's a stork-girl.gif

Old 03-06-2008, 09:44 PM

I miss being able to eat a nice rare steak. It's just not as good when it's cooked all the way through.

Number # 2 due 5/19/2011.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:52 PM

I miss my memory.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:47 PM

No Feta? No rare steak??? Did I miss a memo?? I am ALL about medium rare steak!
I thought the basics were no alcohol and no smoking. Some herbal teas, advil and non pasteurized stuff.
I miss my jeans and regular clothes but LOVE my belly and mat clothes so it's a toss up! :-)
I do miss making and drinking our homemade wine.

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

Old 03-07-2008, 12:23 AM

The occassional margarita, champagne on Sunday with the girls, trying on cute, tight clothing, going dancing every Friday night with the girls, sleeping on my stomach and the days when Kennith argue about everything.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

Old 03-07-2008, 12:33 AM

what noo sushi ops i just had some like on sunday and like 4 times since i found out i was pregnant

i also had a medium rare stake yummmmm

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
Old 03-07-2008, 12:34 AM

I nice cocktail every so often. I'm not much of a drinker, but I love a nice mixed drink when we go out ot eat.

''''

Old 03-07-2008, 12:45 AM

I miss having some energy. I miss not being nauseated (though I think I may have that one figured out).

I do things you're not "supposed" to because if I feared everything, life would suck. I eat medium rare steak, deli meats, etc... the risk is so low that I just don't care. I could get hit by a bus, too, but I don't worry about leaving my house.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:44 AM

I know its difficult to give up all these things that have a small amount of risk attached to them, but personally, I could never forgive myself if something I could have done differently had prevented losing or hurting the little sprout. 40 weeks is such a short time within the big picture.

Oh, and Amanda, its just the *raw* sushi that you need to worry about. Not really sushi in general. Hope that helps!
Old 03-07-2008, 01:57 AM

I miss opening the diaper pail and not gagging till my throat turns inside out.

I miss having a nice cold one after work to unwind.

I miss cigarettes, but only when I'm stressed out. I'm glad I quit, but man, there are times when a cancer stick would totally hit the spot. Good thing the taste and smell would gross me out now.

I also miss wearing my regular clothes! It is still too cold for most of my maternity stuff!
Old 03-07-2008, 03:36 AM

Ice-cold slightly dirty Stoli martinis with little shards of ice in them. I don't miss martinis quite as much as I used to -- but early during the pregnancy, if I even thought about a martini (esp. one with blue cheese stuffed green olives in it), my mouth would start watering. Pathetic, I know.

I miss seeing clothes on other women and thinking, "Wow, that's really cute and I bet it would look nice on me." Not that I would actually go out and buy it (dislike shopping)...but there was something nice about that.

I miss feeling like I look good, or at least look ok. My skin is such a mess these days and I'm looking tubby but not quite pregnant...I need to get over it, but suddenly -- after years of being (or thinking I was) relatively vanity-free, I'm suddenly like "Um...didn't I used to be kind of cute? What happened?!"

I miss running. I could never have imagined that I would, (since I complained about it incessantly and hated it before & during each run), but I really do miss that feeling of accomplishment and elation at the end of each run. I miss the mental battle with the little naysayer in my head telling me that I can't do it, and that I should stop *right this minute* before I have a coronary. (I had to stop running in January, was suddenly causing my hips and knees too much pain.)

Oh, and I definitely miss being up for eating just about any cuisine...I feel like I have a list of foods and cuisines that I won't eat because the idea of them turns my stomach, and it doesn't seem to be getting any shorter.

Ok, novella over.

nk
Old 03-07-2008, 05:58 AM

Food I miss: queso casero/cotija (mexican cheeses), feta & blue cheese.. what can I say I love cheese!

I miss sleeping on my tummy and in general being able to sleep without getting up to p just as soon as I'm super comfy ugh!

Love though how my kids are reacting to the baby.. my oldest is such a sweetheart it makes up for the lack of yummy cheese lol

7th Heaven here we come! Due date early May
Old 03-07-2008, 01:59 PM

Everyone says its only *unpasteurized* soft cheeses you can't have.

Pasteurized cheese is fine. I love a nice pasteurized goats milk feta and I eat blue cheese constantly. At the whole foods many of the cheeses are unpasteurized so you do have to check closely, but lots of them are pasteurized so those are safe. We went to a restaurant the other day (a tea salon actually) and the very nice waiter, seeing two pregnant women at the table, whispered to us, "all our cheeses here are pasteurized" just so we'd feel comfortable -- which I thought was extremely thoughtful.

I do eat meat cooked medium now, because it think that's less risky. And I don't eat cold cuts because the listeria risk scares me.

My big thing I miss -- beer!
Old 03-07-2008, 05:42 PM

I miss...brie cheese and tuna.

I also miss (this may be TMI) having frequent sex like when we were trying! Hehee
Old 03-07-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foogoomomma View Post
Food I miss: queso casero/cotija (mexican cheeses), feta & blue cheese.. what can I say I love cheese!

I miss sleeping on my tummy and in general being able to sleep without getting up to p just as soon as I'm super comfy ugh!

Love though how my kids are reacting to the baby.. my oldest is such a sweetheart it makes up for the lack of yummy cheese lol

I mostly meant when going out to eat which.. umm we do a lot haha and if I can't see the label well then. We go to a lot of middle eastern restaurants and I know they make a lot of items themselves so.. I'll stick to eating it at home.

I ate feta yesterday from the store, pasteurized of course

7th Heaven here we come! Due date early May
Old 03-09-2008, 08:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hmm. I miss wearing my favourite skirt. Shallow, huh? But I really like that skirt... and I had a moment of grieving the other day when I realised that, while having the baby might enable me to wear some of my favourite skirts and trousers again, most of my favourite *shirts* won't be suitable for breastfeeding, and so... who knows? I may never wear them again!

Odd that that bugs me, because I'm so not a clothes person. But I think the boredom of only having 3 fittable outfits is beginning to tell... I have my painting-the-house outfit, my 'nice' outfit (which is looking less nice as the weeks go by) and my 'comfy' outfit, which is my 'nice' outfit with a different top.

As long as the outside of a steak is seared, I don't see why there should be any risk of food poisoning. If I remember my food health and safety certificate info rightly, the bacteria only grow on the surface of the meat. If the surface is all munched up, as in mince, the whole lot has to be cooked through, but on a piece of meat like a steak the inside can be as rare as you like, as long as the germies on the outside have been flamed away.

I eat medium rare steak, anyway. I've been trying to get my iron levels up! But I haven't been too paranoid about the infinitesemally-tiny-risk-of-listeria food bans, frankly. Pregnancy's hard enough without agonising over what might happen if I down the milkshake I've been craving for days! That said, I'm lucky that I don't like a lot of the 'forbidden' items anyway--alcohol, coffee, raw fish and so on.

Oh, and I miss biking. And being able to take long walks without feeling sore.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solejean View Post
I miss being able to eat a nice rare steak. It's just not as good when it's cooked all the way through.
This has been the biggest reason I've been put off of red meat. I'll do a hamburger every once in a while (and I ask for some pink) but I cannot stand a steak over medium rare. For our anniversary, I had a steak my way but since then, I've given it up.

I miss making it an entire night without getting up. I miss peeing less than 15 times a day.

I'm dreading not being able to sleep on my stomach.

I miss being able to lay out in the sun go out on the boat for hours.

Surprisingly, I'm doing really good without alcohol.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:44 PM

My waist, various types of alcohol, staying up past 10pm and not feeling completely exhausted, eating because I want to and am hungry, NOT because I feel like I'm going to literally fall over if I don't eat something RIGHT NOW.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:32 PM

There isn't much that I change during pregnancy. I still eat raw sushi (from reputable places), after the first trimester I don't have a problem with a glass of wine or a beer. I don't like lunch meat anyway!

I do miss smoking (like someone else said, it wasn't a habitual thing but when I am stressed, that is where my mind goes) and I miss drinking more than just one beer. I also miss sleeping all night without having to get up and pee.

Mama to:Ben (12), Natalie (9), Zoe (5)

Old 03-09-2008, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Oh and I miss not having raging headaches EVERYDAY and being able to take Advil!!

After DD was born, the first THING I asked for was 2 Advil and a sandwich! LOL And OH BOY was that Advil heavenly

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

Old 03-09-2008, 03:58 PM

COFFEE I limit myself to one mug in the morning, but now that I'm in the second trimester, I might just have to have an occasional afternoon mug as well!

User Tag List