How do you look? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 03-18-2008, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I, for one, look pretty bad! I've got blemishes all over the middle of my face (nose/cheeks), my face is very red most of the time, and new grey hairs seem to be cropping up all over the place! Before, I swear, the only place I had a smattering of grey hairs was over my ears. Now I'm getting new clusters at my temples and random grey hairs all over. Yes, I'm nearly 38 so the grey hair is to be expected (I guess) -- but blemishes and wrinkles at the same time? Sad.

Decluttering SAHM of three. Going for 2011 items in 2011.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 27 Old 03-19-2008, 12:43 AM

With my last pregnancy I was looking good, rosy and beautiful.
This time... Not so much. My hair is drab, dull and lifeless. (Used to be long blond and wavy) my face is definitely not glowing.... blek.
BUT- I lived in Hawaii for my last pregnancy and everyone said "Oh, you look so beautiful, you must be having a boy!" (which I did!)
They also told me if you're pregnant with a girl you get ugly
SO, maybe I'm having a girl- We'll see in a few days!

Still wondering if this old wives tale holds true.
I also had dark armpits and a small ass last time (also suppose to mean a boy)
Great... Girls make you ugly and give you a fat ass.
It's all worth it I guess
#3 of 27 Old 03-19-2008, 02:15 AM

Right there with you. I'm already in my third trimester clothes! I'm just not looking forward to buying another size up in maternity clothes-especially when, for some reason, the designers seem to think my legs gets longer as my belly gets bigger

My hair is looking healthy, at least. But, I highlight so I wouldn't know if I've got grays, yet

Zoie, granola mum to three boys on earth, one girl who soars  
#4 of 27 Old 03-19-2008, 04:00 AM

I feel giant and huge but everyone at work says I'm tiny. People are just finding out now and a lot of them are still surprised . . . whatever I'm in maternity pants I can't be that tiny! Skin is fine, boobs are ginormous, nose bleeds a lot . . . that's about it for now.
#5 of 27 Old 03-19-2008, 04:10 AM

I look tired, run down, and broken out--- but my belly is cute!

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
#6 of 27 Old 03-19-2008, 06:05 AM

Lovelyt round belly but I have HUGE dark circles...

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#7 of 27 Old 03-19-2008, 09:39 AM

The other night at the dinner table I was sitting there talking to DH...no shower yet that day, glasses instead of contacts, still in my PJ's...DH interrupted me and said "You look really pretty. You're starting to get the glow." I thought that was sweet

I guess I look better than I feel. I do wish the zits would go away, I remember they did at some point when I was pregnant with DS, but I can't remember when.

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#8 of 27 Old 03-19-2008, 11:14 AM

To me, I feel and look huge. To others, I don't look pregnant. Apparently I have a slight glow but I think that's just a shiny face from the vaseline and cocoa butter I put on.

I feel like a beached whale. My boobs are dry and itchy (regardless of how much vaseline, cocoa butter, oil and cortisone cream I put on. My stomach is bloated, my thigh seem thicker than normal and hips are little chunkier than normal. I find out tomorrow if this is a boy or girl. Lord help me!

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#9 of 27 Old 03-19-2008, 11:43 AM

I can't get enough of being pregnant - I must be the freak of the bunch I do have the glow, and have been blessed with skin that doesn't break out (thanks mom!) But I'm with some of you mamas on the grays (and I just turned 30 Saturday), I have a few sprouting that will be here until after Peanut arrives. My friends all tease me b/c I dress cuter & smile more when I'm pg, so I think I feel & look great

Meredyth partners.gif Travis, Mama to my boys J, L, E & my girl B
Bella Rose is here 07/29/10!
Always missing my angel1.gif
#10 of 27 Old 03-19-2008, 11:58 AM
hyz

I'm breaking out a little, not too much. I don't think I'm glowing or anything, but I mostly look the same. People at work still say I'm not showing (21 weeks), but that's just because I'm dressing to minimize it. In tight clothes I still look more bloated than pregnant, so I'm not going to go around showing that off.

But the thing that really freaked me out? I noticed last night that I might be starting to get varicose veins!! Now, to be fair, for all I know they could've been there before and I never noticed, but I definitely have blue pencil lines in a couple spots, like behind one knee and around the ankle. Ugh. I'm too young for this! Aren't I?

Mom to sweet DD 8/08, and adorable DS 10/20/10
#11 of 27 Old 03-19-2008, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I can't get enough of being pregnant - I must be the freak of the bunch I do have the glow, and have been blessed with skin that doesn't break out (thanks mom!)
Normally my skin is totally clear -- that's part of what's killing me!

I am enjoying being pregnant now, but every once in a while I look in the mirror and go "ugh!"

Like this morning, when I caught a glimpse of my inner arms in the mirror... and all the dark blue veins popping out all over (I'm super-pale) -- I look like "the visible woman" anatomy doll or something.

(But I am so happy to have these small, meaningless complaints rather than the constant gagging or nausea and other travails of the first trimester!!)

#12 of 27 Old 03-19-2008, 12:10 PM

I look OK. I can still wear a lot of my pre-pregnancy clothes and my skin is not as oily as it was during my first trimester. But I have zits on my BACK! What is up with that? I've had a few minor little zits on my chin, but big, ugly, painful ones on my back. I can't wait until I go to Dominican Republic in a few weeks and get the sun to dry up these ugly zits!

Also, my thighs are rubbing together. I hate that.
#13 of 27 Old 03-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Banned

absolutely fantastic.

honestly, i feel great and i feel/think that i look great. my skin is in great condition, nice and rosey too, and my hair is really fab (i do need a hair cut, though), and my body looks great. my waist is still tiny, and what i'm carrying is being carried up front.

i'm back to my "normal" yoga routine and my long walks--i just feel great!

of course, i hardly look pregnant, but the belly is a little bit out, and it just looks good.

oh, and i'm leaner! it's so wild!
#14 of 27 Old 03-19-2008, 12:23 PM

My skin is still not perfect, but it actually looks better now than it does when I'm not pregnant. But my milk supply has dropped and I'm almost completely flat-chested. I thought they were supposed to get bigger!
#15 of 27 Old 03-19-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinch View Post

(But I am so happy to have these small, meaningless complaints rather than the constant gagging or nausea and other travails of the first trimester!!)
Oh, thank goodness this wasn't asked in the first tri - I would've had an epic to write about how lousy I felt & looked

Meredyth partners.gif Travis, Mama to my boys J, L, E & my girl B
Bella Rose is here 07/29/10!
Always missing my angel1.gif
#16 of 27 Old 03-19-2008, 03:46 PM

My skin is great, which is good because the last thing I need is another thing to complain about. Actually, the last things my friends need is another thing to listen to me complain about. For the rest of my body, please see my swimsuit post to learn more about being part zebra and having butt clevage. It is not pretty, girls.

J - Homeschooling mom to H (1/20/05), Z (11/6/06) and C (8/22/08)
I work from SON up to SON down! 
#17 of 27 Old 03-19-2008, 05:17 PM

I have curly/wavy hair that seems really limp lately. My skin is okay. My belly seems kind of big for only 17 weeks, and the other day I ate so much I was uncomfortable and felt like I was going to get stretch marks that very moment because my skin felt so tight from being full. My thighs are getting thicker, gotta look into doing some squats or something. My thighs are already a problem area for me, so I want to minimize the damage. Hee..

SAHM to 3 boys ages 10, 7, and 3.

#18 of 27 Old 03-19-2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigrid View Post
I have curly/wavy hair that seems really limp lately. My skin is okay. My belly seems kind of big for only 17 weeks, and the other day I ate so much I was uncomfortable and felt like I was going to get stretch marks that very moment because my skin felt so tight from being full. My thighs are getting thicker, gotta look into doing some squats or something. My thighs are already a problem area for me, so I want to minimize the damage. Hee..
I think squats during pregnancy are a no no but that could be a total old wives tale. I'd ask the doc/midwife to be sure. It hurts my belly squat now - too much pressure. I remember almost passing out from pain in my last pregnancy when I squatted on an elevator to pick up my pen I dropped right at the moment the elevator lurched upward. Not a good feeling!

Back to the topic of this thread - I feel great and have gotten one comment about having that glow. I'm not really liking my hair right now though. Its gets really dark during pregnancy for some reason. I'm normally medium brown but it turns almost black at the roots during pregnancy. I don't mind that so much as I mind the bad hair days I seem to be having lately. My first was a boy and I don't remember having this complaint. This one is a girl so maybe the old wive's tale about baby girls making the mom ugly applies a little to me.
#19 of 27 Old 03-19-2008, 06:54 PM

My face is broken out, but not as much as with DD...I feel and look pretty drab all over! DH thinks my belly is cute though!

Jessica ~ SAHM to Julianne (5-19-07) & Jocelyn (8-10-08) #3 12-25-10
Wife to my best friend and love of my life
#20 of 27 Old 03-19-2008, 07:15 PM

I look like me, only rounder! I do have more zits, and oilier skin, than I did before getting pregnant, but then I also was oilier the one month I spent off hormonal birth control before catching pregnant.

It's a little disconcerting, still, when i look at myself sideways and see all that belly there!
#21 of 27 Old 03-19-2008, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
It's a little disconcerting, still, when i look at myself sideways and see all that belly there!
I was making cookies at my neighbor's house and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror... I thought "d@mn, this apron's unflattering!" Then I remembered: I'm pregnant!

#22 of 27 Old 03-19-2008, 08:15 PM

I feel pretty good so far. My face has broken out a lot more than normal but overall I feel "cute" I think! I don't get to wear cute clothes for work so that is the only downer. Today was the first day that someone who didn't already know I was pregnant actually asked if I was expecting... I was all, "You can tell?? Really???" Kind of exciting, for now anyway.
I think that the past few months of taking really good care of myself have really boosted my self-esteem also - no more of that late night drinking/fatty food combo that really seemed to get me (several times a week..) I wasn't truly overweight before but I think that my overall body composition is better now despite the weight gain. I have been just eating when I'm hungry and trying to stay away from sugar. Makes me feel a lot more confident that I will be able to lose the weight afterwards!!

mama to Allison 8-18-08 and Ethan 1-24-11  heartbeat.gif

#23 of 27 Old 03-19-2008, 08:39 PM

still look like me but filling out cant waiti until it gets warmer to show off my belly and all i love being prego dont get me wrong i have to pee constantly which makes it difficult to go out and heartburn is already plaguing me but other than that
ive decided to take monthly pics starting last month since all my fam and friends live on opposite coast
we live on myspace haha
they made me get one
heres some pics i took today it was a beautiful 70 degrees cool and windy
then it started to rain haha

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../B-ball365.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../B-ball364.jpg

maya mama to dd 10,ds 5,ds 21m &15weeks
#24 of 27 Old 03-19-2008, 09:02 PM

I look horrible! My skin is SO, SO dry and I look like an old woman with a peeling face. I never thought I would be wishing for summer humidity. Also blemishes and frizzy hair.

Blessed mama of four
::
#25 of 27 Old 03-19-2008, 10:26 PM

ROUND
I'm lovin' the boobs and the belly, but the butt... not so much. I'm also sweating alot already - fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond lil View Post
Also, my thighs are rubbing together. I hate that.
Me too, Mama, me too!
#26 of 27 Old 03-20-2008, 01:21 AM

well I had been feeling pretty big and grumpy lol, but my mom and mil were visiting the other day and they both said I'm super glowing and pretty so that made me feel awesome and yes it was un-prompted hhaha.. My mil also said I was small and apparently her eyesight must be going because small hasn't been used to describe me since I was like 5 years old lol

7th Heaven here we come! Due date early May
#27 of 27 Old 03-20-2008, 03:20 AM

All in all I think I look great. I get a couple more breakouts on my right cheek (on one side? what the hell?) and some on my back but I can deal.

I said "hi" to one of the ER doctors the other day, he didn't know I was pregnant, later that day he told the man that I look great and I'm "glowing." Another doctor keeps telling me I'm not pregnant and just lying. Scrubs hide a lot I tell ya!

My boobs have gone up two cup sizes which shocked me. I wear sport bras under my scrubs so when I bought a new bra my jaw dropped. I was barely an A cup so having to wear a C is....wow.

I told the man that I get my belly and boobs getting bigger but why my butt? His answer? "Your butt's getting bigger because God loves me."

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page