Mothering Forum banner

March Weight Gain

741 views 25 replies 24 participants last post by  zonapellucida 
#1 ·
Just curious how everyone is doing.

I'll be 20 weeks tomorrow. I didn't start gaining any weight until about four weeks ago and it's been about a pound a week. The last couple of days I seem to be gaining about 1/2 pound a day. UGH!!!

I'm not having any swelling, I'm not eating much more than normal and I keeping my fingers crossed that this evens out soon. I have been walking every day for the last week so maybe my body is freaking out that I'm burning a lot more calories and it needs to compensate??? I don't remember gaining this quickly until the last 6 weeks of my first pregnancy.

I need my maternity pants to fit for a good while longer.

See less See more
#2 ·
I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks, but I think I've gained about 15 pounds so far. I purposefully lost weight before becoming pregnant. My problem is that I am hungry throughout the day, but eat a very small dinner, or no dinner at all. I ate a huge lunch today, so I probably won't eat much tonight.

#7 ·
Well, I'm 22 weeks this week, and I've gained 8-9 lbs since my pre-preg weight. That sounds fine, except that when I measured on week 21, I had only gained a total of 4.5 lbs. So, I've done about half my total weight gain in 1 week!! I think it's mostly real gain, too--I wasn't particularly waterlogged/constipated etc. when I weighed in.

I just keep telling myself that, other than the necessary belly, the weight is going on in invisible ways, like increased blood volume, slower digestion, etc.
I can still fit into (most of) my pre-preg pants with a rubber band on the button, so maybe I'm not lying to myself?

#8 ·
I loss 5 pounds early in the pregnancy (around week 16) and have only gained 3. Nothing major. apparently my mom says this is really good and that I look great because you still can't tell I'm pregnant inthe face.

#10 ·
I have only gained 4 so far. I am 19 weeks along. But I am a little concerned as I have had food issues...it is so hard to eat in the morning, I ususally get up by 7 & can't bring myself to eat until 10ish. I am just having such a hard time coming up with something that "sounds good" to make and eat. Along with having 3 other kids to prepare food for, this is a recipe for driving me nutso! I just don't feel like I have been eating enough lately. I have been sick with flu like symptoms the last week and I knwo that is having something to do with my appetite too, but geez.

#16 ·
11lbs at 21 weeks.

I was in need of "filing out" before I got pregnant though. My grandma was riding my ass about my weight because I had lost so much from starting my new job. I thought I looked fine but recently my Mom dropped down to my pre-pregnancy weight (we have the exact same build) and it don't look healthy.

#17 ·
I'm 17 weeks 3 days and I've lost 16 pounds. I had some extra weight left from my first pregnancy, so I'm feeling really good. I had my drivers licence pic taken a couple days ago and I look hot!
My mw's are not impressed though and are encouraging me to eat more and eat more protein especially. I'm eating very healthy, I just was so sick my first tri, and I'm just getting into liking food again. I'm also exercising and more active in general this time around, so I'm not worried.

#18 ·
I'd only gained about 8 pounds at 16 weeks, and now at 20, have gained about 14 ;( I know that's within the normal range, but I want to keep my weight gain in the 25-30 range.
I hate feeling "vain" and worrying about weight, but last time around, I gained SO much and had a really, really hard time losing the weight. I'm not eating crap/huge quantities, so I guess it's just what my body does...

#19 ·
I am 22wks today and have gained about 15-18lbs. I would like to keep my weight to 30lbs max since I am a small person, usually around 100lbs and only 5'2", that would give me a 30% increase in weight. With that much weight on I feel HUGE and it makes it hard to want to do anything even get off the couch.

#20 ·
I think I am 23 wks & have gained 9#. I had lost 5# when I got preggo, so this is only 4# above that weight, but I started out much heavier than I would have liked. I am feeling a bit freaked about this since I know that I such on self-control re: sweets and ate too many of them over Easter weekend. I can't say no to homemade lemon bars! I am trying to get more energy to exercise daily, but have not figured that out yet. I was doing so well until recently. I need to get back into tons of veggies, some fruit & protein & a few complex carbs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.