Out of the mouths of babes.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 03-27-2008, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What kind of funny things are your kids saying about this pregnancy or new sibling? DS is 4.5 and will be a big brother for the first time. Here are some of things he's said to me:

- Afer taking my shirt off while getting ready for bed, DS blurts out "Oh gross!! Your belly is sticking out!"

- We have several baby items stored in the unfinished basement/garage area of our new house. As we walked by them the other day, DS asks "Mom, why is the baby going to live down here??"
#2 of 24 Old 03-27-2008, 12:50 PM

When my kids, ds6 and dd9, were talking (dreaming) about what the baby would be like it started with "maybe it will be twins", "or triplets," "or quadruplets" etc..etc... Right up until my 6yrold with great vision said "maybe it will be a girl your age and a boy my age!" I thought, 'how great would that be: a playmate each.' Well, if you're dreaming dream BIG!

Wife to James mom to dd(1999) ds1(2001)and ds2(7/08)
: * : * * : * * :
#3 of 24 Old 03-27-2008, 01:39 PM

those r some cute kids u ladies have

my son is too young to understand whats going on but he when i ask him where is baby he points and kisses my belly lol and he will go babies i say noo baby only 1 sweetie lol

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
#4 of 24 Old 03-27-2008, 02:49 PM

My 6 year old wanted to know how to unplug the baby's electrical cord (he meant umbilical cord).

I was watching "A Baby Story" with my 5 year old, and he was a little confused by a woman's comment that her water broke. He asked me if I had to put a big bowl of water in my tummy for the baby when it was thirsty.
#5 of 24 Old 03-27-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsch1 View Post
My 6 year old wanted to know how to unplug the baby's electrical cord (he meant umbilical cord).

I was watching "A Baby Story" with my 5 year old, and he was a little confused by a woman's comment that her water broke. He asked me if I had to put a big bowl of water in my tummy for the baby when it was thirsty.

OH HOW CUTE! lol

My kids and I were "wondering" how many babies are in mommy's tummy one day. I was using the opportunity to teach them new words like 'twins and 'triplets' and so forth and what they meant. When we got to 'What do you call 6 babies in mommy's tummy?' my 7 y/o dd shouts, "A six pack!"
#6 of 24 Old 03-27-2008, 05:39 PM

My just 2yr old DD cannot eat any dairy products but my husband and I still do, she is ok with it amazingly even when it is in front of her. Well this morning I was eating cereal and she said "mommy is eating cow milk, mommy likes cow milk. Baby likes cow milk?" It was so cute since she understands that the food goes in my mouth and then to the baby inside me.

she also gives my tummy (but says they are for the baby) toys to play with, especially ones she really likes.

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#7 of 24 Old 03-27-2008, 05:48 PM

my 3 year old always wants to know what the baby says now
anytime were in the bath or eating or whatever
'WHAT IS THE BABY SAYING NOW"
I always make up something like babies sleeping now or baby likes it
so hard not to say he/she and don't want to say "it" so always say the baby haha
my 8 year old likes to rub the belly and has a fun time thinking of names

maya mama to dd 10,ds 5,ds 21m &15weeks
#8 of 24 Old 03-27-2008, 07:03 PM

My shirt wasn't covering my belly all the way and my 2 year old came up and pulled it down and told me the babies were cold.

Mom to 4 beautiful girls, expecting a blessing in November. Come check out my etsy shop www.bowsweetbow.etsy.com

#9 of 24 Old 03-28-2008, 03:52 AM

My ds is only 13 mo but he seems to think my belly is a new seat on which to park himself at a higher vantage point!

I am not crunchy enough for this forum. Everyday I get a little crunchier though! :
#10 of 24 Old 03-28-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
My ds is only 13 mo but he seems to think my belly is a new seat on which to park himself at a higher vantage point!
Oh, I love it, and to think I thought it was just a new place to set my cereal bowl.

#11 of 24 Old 03-28-2008, 01:32 PM

When we wereleavint the hospital 3 yr old DD said, "Where are you taking the baby?". Poor thing, she had no idea that he would be living with us

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
#12 of 24 Old 03-28-2008, 02:56 PM

We haven't blatantly told my 3 yr old that we're having a baby, but I kind of think she knows. Anyway I pointed at my tummy and said what's in there honey? She says a hole and I said yes that's my belly button. What else is in there? She says, .... butter!

I'm choosing to think she meant my tummy is super soft hahaha

7th Heaven here we come! Due date early May
#13 of 24 Old 03-28-2008, 03:33 PM

This thread is absolutely adorable!

You've got me wishing for my next baby already
#14 of 24 Old 03-28-2008, 03:56 PM

My dd is 4. She says that the scar i have from where my navel was pierced a long time ago is the baby's belly button.

The other day, she told her (amazingly awesome) pre-school teacher that if she has a brother, we decided to name him "poopy face". Mrs. M. said "well, he will do that in his diapers for sure". I am sure that teacher has heard it all.
#15 of 24 Old 03-28-2008, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19spitfire View Post
Oh, I love it, and to think I thought it was just a new place to set my cereal bowl.
By the time I was full term with DD I could hold a whole serving platter without using my hands!!

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
#16 of 24 Old 03-28-2008, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettie cracker View Post
My dd is 4. She says that the scar i have from where my navel was pierced a long time ago is the baby's belly button.

The other day, she told her (amazingly awesome) pre-school teacher that if she has a brother, we decided to name him "poopy face". Mrs. M. said "well, he will do that in his diapers for sure". I am sure that teacher has heard it all.
Haha, too cute! When I was 5 my dad was telling me how my parents almost named my sister Samantha and almost named my brother Doug. I asked "What did you almost name me?" He says "Buttnick!" ... and I start crying! ... it's funny looking back, though!

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
#17 of 24 Old 03-29-2008, 07:20 PM

My dd asked me " Mom, when the baby comes out of your twinkie can I hold her?" This at the store in front of the cashier.
#18 of 24 Old 05-07-2008, 11:46 AM

Oh, I had to revive this thread because yesterday....
We bought a big trampoline for the kids with our tax $. We set up the trampoline then we put up the net enclosure around it and my 7 yr old son says "Mom, this will also be a great place to put Nathaniel (ie:new baby) when we don't want him in the house!" I love my son, he's always thinking!

#19 of 24 Old 05-07-2008, 01:49 PM

Thanks to Welcome With Love, DS has been telling people the baby's coming out of my butt. I have to keep reminding him where the baby will REALLY be coming out!

He likes pouring water on my belly when I'm laying down in the tub, he thinks he is "giving baby a drink."

And he also informed me when I was getting dressed the other day, "Oooh Mommy! Your nimmins are getting bigger!" (nimmins = boobs)
#20 of 24 Old 05-07-2008, 03:26 PM

My younger, insightful 12 year brother told me the other day, "Monique, you can't leave that baby here with me to babysit." I said, "Why not Christopher? He may like spending time his Uncle Chris.". He shook his head and said, "No way. I don't know anything about changes diapers and taking of babies. Uh-uh, no way sista, you have to take that kid with you."

FYI: He has this thing now about calling me "sis-ta". LOL Only my brother...

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#21 of 24 Old 05-07-2008, 06:40 PM

Hee, hee! I love reading these, thanks for reviving it!

Today my 5 yr old said "Hey, Mommy, wouldn't it be funny if baby Ella could reach from inside and kick you on your pee pee?"

Little does he know that she's been tap dancing on my cervix the last few days!

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
#22 of 24 Old 05-08-2008, 12:36 AM

My 2 year old placed a dandelion on my belly and said, "happy may day baby honey".
#23 of 24 Old 05-08-2008, 10:16 AM

The other day during a ride in the car my dd (4.5) started to ask what the baby will look like, dd is brown hair brown eye, ds is blond blue eyes. So she puts all the possiblities together and I explain that I have no idea what the baby will look like, then she says "Well I wonder if the baby will have blond skin like the rest of my family" I had to chuckle. The innocence of a child is not lost on skin color!

My mom later chimes in to remind me that red heads also run in the family but really only down one line of children on her side.

Ds...only picks up toys and hides them or protects them chanting "Baby, no baby, no baby."
#24 of 24 Old 05-08-2008, 03:22 PM

My 3yo is so sweet sometimes. DH does the shopping at WalMart because the place gives me the creeps. When ds does well at the store, they stop at the bakery for a complimentary cookie. One day, they gave him three cookies. He held them in his little hand all the way home. He ate one, gave one to my 1yo, and then walked over to me. I thought it was for me, so I tried to take it. He said, "No, mama. This is for Caleb!" Then, he lifted my shirt and asked Caleb (baby's name) to come get it.

He has also asked recently to go to the store to buy Caleb his own dump truck so he can play trucks with his brothers.

J - Homeschooling mom to H (1/20/05), Z (11/6/06) and C (8/22/08)
I work from SON up to SON down! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page