my tailbone hurts! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 04-24-2008, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What the heck is up with that? My tailbone is just aching. It's crazy! Pressure in strange places I guess?

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#2 of 12 Old 04-25-2008, 01:56 AM

awww! Sympathy .

My hips are achy, not my tailbone. But, I'm sure that'll hurt eventually too!

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
#3 of 12 Old 04-25-2008, 02:15 AM

Poor thing

TMI, I am sure, but my crotch is achy. It is worse if I have been laying down for a while and then have to walk around. It's a whole party of fun, I tell you!
#4 of 12 Old 04-25-2008, 02:31 AM

((((hugs))))) I been doing chiropractic and I swear that is helping, I have no pain on my bones barely feeling pelvic pain separation which i did on my other pregnancies. I did get chiro treatments with my last but was only done once a week. This time I am doing 3x a wk and I see/feel the difference... The only pain I get is under my belly (the round ligaments) that I occasionally get when tossing in my bed... If you have insurance or medicaid you can probably get treatment, at least once a wk.

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
#5 of 12 Old 04-25-2008, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyoosh View Post
Poor thing

TMI, I am sure, but my crotch is achy. It is worse if I have been laying down for a while and then have to walk around. It's a whole party of fun, I tell you!

Rach-Mabye a chiropratic adjustment would help. And fyoosh, I have the achy crotch too...it's called pubic symphysis. I never had it w/ dd. I was also told chiropratic can maybe help with that too.

Tina - mama to DD1 10yrs, DD2 5.5 yrs and DD3 22 mo and wifey to DH.
#6 of 12 Old 04-25-2008, 10:24 AM

I TOTALLY FEEL YOU!!!! It is from ligament loosening in the SI (sacral-illiac) joint. IT IS PURE TORTURE for me. I literally took 10 minutes to walk almost crying to the bathroom a few nights ago and then crawled back to bed on my hands and knees. I have been to the Chiropractor a few times, but nothing is helping...I am thinking about doing physicla therapy becuase I am so scared it will become an issue in labor...I can handle contractions, but contractions on top of not being able to walk because of that pain would be a killer.
Alicia

Get "101 Tips That Burn Belly Fat Daily
    For  Free thumb.gif , Visit Here 

#7 of 12 Old 04-25-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugginhippie View Post
Rach-Mabye a chiropratic adjustment would help. And fyoosh, I have the achy crotch too...it's called pubic symphysis. I never had it w/ dd. I was also told chiropratic can maybe help with that too.
not the tailbone, but *definitely* the crotch pain!!! I have to go to bed at night when it just gets too bad. I feel bad for dh too, we hardly have sex because I'm so achy by the time he gets home. My doc said that a pregnancy belt should help. I am going to get one this weekend, hopefully.
#8 of 12 Old 04-25-2008, 10:49 AM

I also have tailbone and general rear-end pain. It is crazy. DH and I are experimenting with a radical new treatment: sex. On days when we have sex in the morning, I have little or no tailbone/rear-end pain during the day. Sadly, we did not have time this morning.
#9 of 12 Old 04-25-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond lil View Post
I also have tailbone and general rear-end pain. It is crazy. DH and I are experimenting with a radical new treatment: sex. On days when we have sex in the morning, I have little or no tailbone/rear-end pain during the day. Sadly, we did not have time this morning.
Maybe I need to try that. The best source of relief for me is to get down on all fours and sway my body. It feels so good and feels like it opens everything up in my lower body.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#10 of 12 Old 04-25-2008, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

I think I'm definitely going to find a chiropractor...we're due to move to Houston mid-May, so I'll try to stick it out until since that's only a couple weeks away.

Oh and I get the crotch pain, too...but for me it's not bone pain, it's vaginal crampy swelling pain. My OB said it's increased blood flow. To make it go away I have to sit or lay down, and sex during the day can NOT happen. It makes is 100x worse.

OH JOYS! I'm loving every minute of it though

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#11 of 12 Old 04-25-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach03 View Post

Oh and I get the crotch pain, too...but for me it's not bone pain, it's vaginal crampy swelling pain. My OB said it's increased blood flow. To make it go away I have to sit or lay down, and sex during the day can NOT happen. It makes is 100x worse.
hmmm, that might describe mine a little better. Its more like an irritating feeling, than an achy bones feeling. I can't really even describe it. Not irritating like, burning, but a dull irritation from the inside. And for me, laying down helps the most --- sitting is the worst. I wonder if there is anything at all to do??? One more reason to look forward to August.
#12 of 12 Old 04-25-2008, 03:51 PM

I just talked to my chiropractor today about this - she said its achy from sticking my tailbone/sacrum out from the rpegnancy - she suggested trying to be mindful of tucking in my pelvis throughout the day and also suggested some gentle stretching and exercises with an exercise ball - the tucking my pelvis under helps the most though - which might explain why sex is so therapeutic....

Christine, wife to my dh since 10/03, mama to my three monkeys ~:-) ds1/6/05, dd9/9/08 and ds 8/3/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page