just found out I have hodgkins, and 29 wks preggo - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 05-20-2008, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sending good thoughts to you and your family!!
#32 of 43 Old 05-21-2008, 08:01 PM

You are in my thoughts and prayers.
#33 of 43 Old 05-22-2008, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo_girl View Post

I'm concerned that I won't be able/allowed to nurse this little one because of treatments...one thing at a time I suppose
You could also pump and dump until your treatments are over. Keeping your supply up. It is not an easy life, EPing but if you are determined you can do it. Also you may be able to work out a way with an IBCLC for your babe to "nurse" off of you without actually drinking your milk. Like an SNS with formula and some sort of nipple sheld to prevent your milk from letting down into your babes mouth. This would still allow for all the bennifits of BFing that go beyond just the food aspect, also a huge huge aspect would be reducing the chances of nipple preference so when you are able to nurse again the transition to the breast will be seamless. This would look crazy of course but we as Mom's will do anything for our babes!

I hope you get great news at your next appointment!

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#34 of 43 Old 05-22-2008, 01:40 AM

You will be in my thoughts as well!
#35 of 43 Old 05-22-2008, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

I went to our midwife yesterday...I like her more and more.

She confirmed my fears that we can most likely be expected to be induced anywhere from 32 to 36 weeks...depending upon my prognosis.

we'll have to see how this all proceeds, but I feel like I'm letting baby down...

...going to see our family doctor today...he's into holistic medicine, so I'm interested to hear what he has to say....

thank you for your continued support
Charlene
#36 of 43 Old 05-22-2008, 11:18 AM

I'm sorry your fears were confirmed. Maybe your prognosis will allow baby to stay in longer than you think. Sending lots of hope, prayers & hugs mama

Meredyth partners.gif Travis, Mama to my boys J, L, E & my girl B
Bella Rose is here 07/29/10!
Always missing my angel1.gif
#37 of 43 Old 05-22-2008, 01:13 PM

Lots of for you. Praying and wishing for the best.

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#38 of 43 Old 05-22-2008, 04:55 PM

I have been thinking of you. My heart is heavy for you. Just wanted to give hugs. I am praying for your healing and strength!
#39 of 43 Old 05-30-2008, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

*UPDATE*

We had our appointment at the cancer agency this week, and the news was as good as can be expected.

The results of the biopsy indicate that the subtype of Hodgkins is the least aggressive, and is slow growing. The recovery rate from treatment is also very optimistic.

This means that we will NOT have to induce baby, and that further diagnostic tests (involving radiation & chemicals) can resume AFTER baby is born.

...we can expect chemo to start about one month after the birth. I'm not sure what this means with respect to breastfeeding (i.e. if I can continue), but I'm feeling very blessed with the prognosis, and the fact that we don't have to 'push' baby, and that (s)he will have at least one month of breast milk.

...We also found out this week that my FIL has inoperable lung cancer...so my cancer pales in comparison, and thoughts of my treatment have been mentally set aside until we know what is happening with him.

Please pray for our family, particularly for DH...

thank you,
charlene
#40 of 43 Old 05-30-2008, 07:03 PM

So glad to hear your good news! Sorry to hear about your FIL. Will continue to keep your family in our prayers.

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
#41 of 43 Old 05-30-2008, 08:34 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your FIL I'll be praying for your family...

Since you are starting quimo a month after giving birth I highly recommend to breastfeed and pump as well to store milk. You can drink tons of RRL tea NOW so when the babe is born you'll produce tons of milk. Keep drinking it throughout that first month. Pump like a maniac! You can also get donated milk while you pump and dump if you run out of milk. Maybe you can find mamas in this ddc who could donate some since our babies are going to be pretty much same age. I'll love to help!

good luck momma!!!! we'll be thinking of you and your family

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
#42 of 43 Old 05-30-2008, 11:17 PM

No words of wisdom here, just want to let you know that yet another person is keeping you and your family in her thoughts & prayers.

Warm wishes,
nk
#43 of 43 Old 06-03-2008, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo_girl View Post
*UPDATE*

We had our appointment at the cancer agency this week, and the news was as good as can be expected.

The results of the biopsy indicate that the subtype of Hodgkins is the least aggressive, and is slow growing. The recovery rate from treatment is also very optimistic.

This means that we will NOT have to induce baby, and that further diagnostic tests (involving radiation & chemicals) can resume AFTER baby is born.

...we can expect chemo to start about one month after the birth. I'm not sure what this means with respect to breastfeeding (i.e. if I can continue), but I'm feeling very blessed with the prognosis, and the fact that we don't have to 'push' baby, and that (s)he will have at least one month of breast milk.

...We also found out this week that my FIL has inoperable lung cancer...so my cancer pales in comparison, and thoughts of my treatment have been mentally set aside until we know what is happening with him.

Please pray for our family, particularly for DH...

thank you,
charlene

I just checked for your update.
My prayers are with you and your family
Blessings

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page