Aug 2008 DDC Birth bead swap! CLOSED TO SIGN UPS-PICK BEADS AND SHIP BY JUNE 16th! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-19-2008, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok Mamas! We have 10 participants so we need to decide if we want to do 2 beads each person for a total of 20 beads or just 1 bead each for a total of 10 beads. Once I know this, I can set the details and we can get making/shopping/crafting our beads! You can either reply in the swap thread or if you can't, just pm me with your choice! Thanks!

Ok, I think most of us are working on sending or have already sent our baby shower swap gifts(and some have gotten them-like ME-HOORAY!).

Soooo....I am ready for another swap, and I am willing to host this one.

I saw on a couple of other DDCs that they did or are doing a birth bead swap and I thought that would be SUCH a cool idea!

I am not sure whether I am getting a shower/mother blessing and since you mamas are all my friends and have all the same come out easy and fast baby vibes, I thought a birth bead swap would be perfect for us! We can send our vibes around to each other

There are lots of articles about birth beads, most tell of the energy and vibes and love sent with the beads help center and direct the energy to a pregnant and laboring mama. You can choose any type of bead, something that speaks to you, something you made, birthstone(which is peridot for August!), chakra or rainbow beads, anything really! It is all about knowing that the beads you have with you were hand picked with love by another mama who is like you, going to have the same experience as you and knows that what you are embarking on is the most amazing journey a woman can have!

So if you are interested in this swap, please go to the swap forum and sign up. If you do not have access to the swap forum(you have to have a certain amount of posts and/or amount of time on MDC as a member to get in), then please pm me and I will make sure that you get included in the swap! Don't want any mamas left out! http://www.mothering.com/discussions...3#post11256653

What will happen is each mama will pick or make 20 beads to send.

Then everyone will send their beads to me(so that we don't have to spend postage 20 times!).

Each mama should include a note as to why you selected your bead(whether you made them or just thought the color was lovely or it was your mom's favorite stone or whatever motivates you) or a birth wish/affirmation/blessing.

I will sort the beads (one bead from each mama) so each person will get a total of 20 beads back.

Then I can either string the beads for each mama(your choice of a necklace or a bracelet) or send them to each mama unstrung and they can do whatever they would like with them.

I will then send them to each of the mamas who is participating.

Then we will all split the shipping costs of the necklaces to each mama, this way we will only have to pay shipping twice, rather than 20 times!

I am now going to move this to the swap forum so as not to break rules, the link is here! If you cannot access it, again, please pm me and I will get you set up!

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...3#post11256653

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2008, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Just wanted to bump this for sign ups!

It is in the swap thread and if anyone doesn't qualify yet and can't get in to see it, pm me or post here and I will take care of you!

We're getting close mamas!!!

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

Old 05-27-2008, 11:56 PM

Bump!

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

Old 05-28-2008, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

We have 8 mamas in now.
#1-Mamatolea
#2-Alicia1978
#3-Ullabulla
#4-Audreysmama
#5-Triana1326
#6-forsythia
#7-BakerALM
#8-robertandenith
Anyone else?

Signups end May 31, so hurry up and join if you want!

And again, if anyone isn't qualified to get to the swap forum but wants to participate, PLEASE feel free to PM me and I will get you signed up!

Old 05-28-2008, 12:53 AM

sign me up, this is going to be special

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
Old 05-28-2008, 12:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertandenith View Post
sign me up, this is going to be special
All set, I got you on the list too

Old 06-01-2008, 03:07 AM - Thread Starter

Need replies from the 10 mamas who are participating

Old 06-10-2008, 01:30 AM - Thread Starter

We decided on 20 beads total to send so each mama will get 2 beads back from each person.

Make sure you have your 20 beads picked and ready to be mailed. They need to be mailed by the 16th!

Old 06-10-2008, 10:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Please keep this all in the swap forum. Thank you!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

User Tag List