HA! Take a gander at my to-do list:
Around the House
Find location/space for toys/furniture – hang rest on porch
Clean out closets - DONE
Take stuff to Goodwill
Start getting stuff ready for yard sale
Get James to build me some shelves in the bathroom!!!DONE
Rent carpet/upholstery cleaner to do carpets and couch
Have Mom get painter to paint trim and ceilings DONE
Deep Clean and Declutter:
Purge all unnecessary things from kitchen, bathroom, and closets
Tackle storage unit – dump/yard sale/ and freecycle
Wash bed blankets DONE
Move crib to my side of the bed/Change nightstands/find new home for books
Hang blinds in last window in bedroomDONE
Make curtain for living roomDONE
Stock up pantry with staples so we don’t have to make extra trip to the store
Wash baby clothes/diapers as I get them
Work on garden/Weed/plant seedlings/Turn compost into 3rd bin
Finish garden fence/3rd compost binDONE
Take junk to dump/bottles to redemption/recycling to transfer station
Write Emergency hospital birth plansDONE
Start birth classes
Make a labor play list
Start Stocking the freezer – make plenty of breakfast meals/breads
Pack birth center bag/hospital bag
Start Hypnobabies cds
Start going to LLL meetings
Install Car Seat
Find a Pediatrician who’s accepting of our choices
Buy oral Vit K for after birth/Talk to midwife about itDONE
Get/make emergency Birth Supply Kit for house
Tour Augusta hospitalDONE
Tour Bridgeton hospital
Teach James how to do perineal massage
Attend breastfeeding class?
Make salves/wipe solution for baby
Make herbs and tinctures for labor/birth/ post partum
Get mama cloth pads or make them myself
Buy or find thank you notes for baby shower/mother’s blessing/random giftsDONE
Finish quilt and put on batting and backing
Make more baby clothes
Make ring sling – see website
Make nursing bras – see website
Make strawberry cordial for inducing labor/celebrating after!
Make my own boppy – see website
Call Jane about next visit to Birth House
Make list of what I still need for baby/me/postpartum stuff
Get diapers/covers from Maine Cloth Diaper Co./Return DVD/Give her salve
Continue looking at garage sales/Goodwill for playpen
Create registry online for baby stuff
Make separate list for what Mom needs in her apartment for baby
Get Professional Pregnancy Photos? Take some if not
Make phone tree list for after the birth
Figure out who’s driving to birth center logistics
Look into getting the HypnoBabies cdsDONE
Watch babywearing DVDDONE
Read the books I have
Research and buy herbs
Figure out what to make for diaper wipe solutionDONE
Actually do prenatal yoga video
This list is color-coded at home so DH can tell what he can do without me, as well as which month to do it in.
Yeah, I'm not a Virgo or anything
Do you mind sharing your diaper wipe solution recipe?
1. Steam clean carpets
2. Organize all of DDs baby clothes
3. Make a few more NB diapers
4. Wash all diapers and woolies and put away.
5. Make bumper pads
6. Finish DD's 1 year scrapbook
Not too much! maybe I will start nesting soon and I will actually get it all done!
Wife to my best friend and love of my life
We got a carseat. Hubby and my dad are going over to the neighbour's tomorrow to pick up the changing table. I called the store that sells the Ergo and they are going to call me when the color we want comes in. That's progress!
I've been training my temporary replacement at work for a week now, too.
The biggest, most pressing to do is rearrange all the furniture. I don't even really have a list (I find that to-do lists make me want to spend money ) but I know that we need to get the bedrooms organized. So maybe next weekend . . .
my husband is a lazy virgo who makes the rest of us look bad.
trottin', pole dancing, Norway and Sweden lovin' , ,WOHM Kiddos born 12/11/06 and 08/09/08
with #3 EDD:01/2013 So in love with my sweet Swede and my bonus-son 10/25/98
Finish Ryan's baby album
Do something with my wedding pictures
Bring up baby clothes and sort into sizes 0 -3, 3- 6
Remove garage shelves so I can get to other side of the van with baby in carseat
Donate all items not sold at our garage sale this weekend
Have my house cleaned before the birth (yes cleaned, meaning I am NOT cleaning it )
- rearrange yoga room into yoga-office space so that DH has a place to work while i'm home (done today)
- purge 4 closets including old clothes, DH's action figure collection (there are many he wants to get rid of) and various "odds and ends" that are unused;
- purge current office and finish adapting yoga room into office which includes: paper covering all of the books with white paper and blue titles so that they blend better into the room itself, put second computer (large, not lap top) into yoga room closet as place for second computer to be hidden while not in use with yoga props also to be kept there, get rid of office furnishings;
- adapt office into guest room: painting the room (two walls), new curtains, moving current bedroom furniture into that room;
- purge kitchen (started today)
- purge living room and dining room (started today)
- organize construction guys to repair their repairs;
- organize cleaning service for "deep clean" of the house;
- organize cleaning of the vent system (heating cooling) to decrease dust, etc.
i consider these small projects because it's mostly just making appointments.
birth and baby projects
- finish baby shower registry;
- get mattress and set up our bedroom in preparation for baby;
- buy and organize whatever is needed for the baby that isn't given at the baby shower.
so, it's not too bad. we do have enough time. tomorrow, i hope to get the LR well purged and then to start moving the books into the yoga room/office space so that i can start on the book-covering process.
the toughest thing is working around DH, who seems to thrive on clutter (he likes piles of papers mostly), and who hates to purge and go through things like his books or action figure collection. i know that latter one is particularly tough, but we've already divided it into keep (and ready to store) and give away/sell/whatnot--he just hasnt' done the second part of the action!
ah well, tomorrow is a work out day, and i can get him to do a little bit of work on work out days (rather than writing days). i'm hoping that he'll go through his papers on the dining room table (formerly his favorite place to work), and then put those into place in the yoga room/office.
i plan on just getting that LR done, and maybe starting in on the kitchen. both rooms should be pretty easy. i don't know if i'll get both done tomorrow, but at least one done and one started.
i still feel overwhelmed, but if i can do some things during the week, it will help.
for me, purging clothes and stuff is great. it's so easy for me to purge my stuff--and i have purged so much of my stuff. my husband, though, not much at all. he's tough like that.
I've created a large to do list in part by reading all of yours.
It's a scary list for sure...but I can get it done right?
Here is my To do:
Clean out LO's closet to make room for new baby's things
Clean our room to make a place for baby
Clean out fridge/freezer
Buy/make thank you notes
Read doula contract
Begin birth plans
My EDD is 25 august so that leaves me three weeks to...
- Buy matress (and sheets etc) for the crib - done
- pre-wash cloth diapers DONE
- buy changing cushion DONE
- get babybath from my brother and SIL, and some other things they have said we can borrow from them (I hope they haven't forgotten, I hate asking for things like that - like the breast pump! lol) DONE (well they're bringing the bath tomorrow) - done (well the bath anyway and also some more clothes and a baby sling)
- buy pp pads and nursing pads DONE
- cook and freeze some meals (probably pasta sauces, some soup and a chicken stew - I'm not a very versatile cook )
- pack my bag for the hospital! will probably have to buy some kind of pijamas - semi-done lol
- choose/design a birth announcement card and little gifts (am thinking lavender sachets maybe, or bath tea... but it will be some work so I have to start asap!!!) - almost done!
- get all the addresses from family and friends to send the birth announcement cards to - done
- buy some baskets and stuff to organise the baby's things, for on the changing table and in the baby's wardrobe etc like for cotton wool and also socks and things like that DONE
- go through all the baby clothes we've been given/given on loan; sort them by size, wash them, put them in the wardrobe, ... STARTED ;-) - done mostly
- there's still a bunch of little things I have to buy - done mostly
- go shopping for things like milk, canned things etc and stock the cellar with things so we'll have enough food in the house to keep going for a couple of days - started on this
- and I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting things here!!!
We've only recently moved (a week ago) and before that, I didn't do much to prepare for the baby yet. Now we're in the new appartment, I'm realizing how much needs to be done!
There's also some move-related stuff I still have to arrange, like going to the district to get our address officialy changed (and then have it changed at the bank, insurance, etc etc etc); hanging the curtains; unpacking a box or two that's still left; ...
I hope everyone else is better prepared than me!
Mommy to DD born August 2008
Although, I do want to clean the fish tank today. And, I would like to can a few more quarts of pickles. But, those were not on my original to-do list!
I work from SON up to SON down!
Wife to James , Mama to Sara and Robbie
398/2013, 2/200, 4/52
i rant first: my husband's collections and inability to purge effectively makes me crazy. i do not understand collecting; i do not have collections. i thought he had three collections--after this weekend i discover that he has probably about 10-15 collections total. he doesn't want to part with any part of any collection.
of course, we need the space, and i honestly do not want to pay for a storage room, but it looks like it may be the only option *if* he wants to keep ALL of the collections.
and then, just getting him to purge anything is a PITA. he's slow about it, he whines the whole time, then gets agitated and angry, and then pouts, and then when the time allotted is finally up, the house is in complete disarray.
he's then agitated because the house isn't organized and cleaned up, and of course leaves me to do that work during the week on my own.
which is why i now have a small army of people helping me out. one friend and her son are going to help me move furniture around and donate what we need to donate to the different thirft stores.
then, by friday, i need to have everything basically ready for my family to come over because they're going to clean the house thoroughly for me this weekend--except for the laundry room and two closets, because i have yet to organize those as much as i'd like.
my mom and sister will likely be working here, while my dad and i go out for the afternoon and watch movies, because they're going to be using some pretty heavy chemicals (with the house open, but still), and so i'll need to be out of the house.
DH's going to his parents this weekend to "clean out" some stuff, and also bring back the urn that his dad made for our rabbit's ashes. he may also bring back some things for the baby--but i have no clue. we have no space for baby stuff because of all of his freakin' garbage (excuse me, very important collections).
good thing i'm basically toy free.
i feel frustrated, overwhelmed, and unable to do what i need to do. i am embarassed to have to ask friends and family to help.
as it is, even using the eco-friendly stuff gets up my nose and causes coughing/sneezing fits. my sister and mom will share the bed in the guest room (or use the thai yoga mats as a secondary bed), and then hopefully early next week, our new mattress will come.
such a pain, though, such a pain!
Have an appointment in 2 hours to get my car seat checked out (it's in tight, but that's all I can say for my install attempt ).
Going to set up birthing area after people head home on Saturday. If Aka_chan decides to come before then, setting up for the birth'll be an early labor activity.
On my husband's list, however...he still has to put together the co-cleeper, fix our two doors that don't close, and install the carseat. Hmm...
The only thing I can think of that I would really like to get now is a diaper genie. The smell of pee diapers sitting in the can is grossing me out! YUCK!
Of course, I still have a ton of MAJOR things that need to be done in general, but they were never "before the baby comes" items. Like we need to put an addition on the house for 2 more bedrooms, finish the front porch into a sitting area and finish the basement into a family room so I can convert my current living room into my pantry...I also would "like" to trade my minivan in for one that is more fuel efficient and has the stow and go type seating, but that isn't a necessity!
But those are BIG ticket items that take big time, so I was never limiting myself to get them done very quickly!
Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day ~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH