"How can I possibly get bigger than this" thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 33 Old 06-09-2008, 04:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm feeling huge. My pants feel tight and restrictive. I feel like I want to wear nothing but yoga pants.

My stomach is in the way. Everything feels cramped in there.

And my back! Its always tired and sore.

How am I going to take another 10-15lbs of growth!?

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#2 of 33 Old 06-09-2008, 04:52 AM

Man, I am so there! (well not quite, i'm a month behind all of you) lol. But I feel that way too! I have a short torso, so I don't have a whole lot of room for baby as is. All my organs are currently squished up under my ribs... and my poor ribs are so very sore from the lack of space they now have and all the pressure on them (not to mention the baby thinks kicking them is fun.) My back is sore, and I get side aches all the time when I try to walk ANYWHERE. Today I went out and bought a maternity support belt because I couldn't take it anymore. I needed something to help hold up my belly! I don't see how there's room for me to get any bigger! I'm only 6 1/2 months along though... my belly has to get bigger still.

Rachel lady.gif, in love with my baby girl Abigailenergy.gifborn 9/17/08!
#3 of 33 Old 06-09-2008, 09:24 AM

I hear you loud and clear.

I vacillate between "Oh yay! Only 2 more months left!" and "Oh no! Two whole months left!"

I am so uncomfortable now, I don't want to think about how it's going to be a month from now. Getting up and down is hard. I'm to the point already that I ask DH to get me everything because once I sit I am down and there is just no getting up. DH may be getting sick of living with me and having to be my butler.

I closed the refrigerator door on my belly yesterday and I was like, "OK! That's it! I am done growing." I don't think getting bigger is even possible at this point.

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
#4 of 33 Old 06-09-2008, 12:26 PM

My fave maternity pants are too tight and now I see why my mom and aunt told me to buy my fave skirt in an extra large in maternity size. I feel HUGE! DP says I look great but I feel so bloated. Even my shoes don't fit anymore. My feet look like little piglets! And we have to make it until end of July/beginning of August?! Heaven help me!

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#5 of 33 Old 06-09-2008, 01:31 PM

Ug, I feel the same way. I'm sitting here in a t-shirt and underwear as I couldn't take the pinching from my too small shorts. I fear I am going to have to buy a few things to make it through to mid-August.
#6 of 33 Old 06-09-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post
I closed the refrigerator door on my belly yesterday and I was like, "OK! That's it! I am done growing." I don't think getting bigger is even possible at this point.

#7 of 33 Old 06-09-2008, 04:09 PM

Im as large now at 29 weeks as when I delivered my last one at 42 weeks and Im horrified that Im going to get even bigger for another 11-ish weeks...
#8 of 33 Old 06-09-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funfunkyfantastic View Post
Man, I am so there! (well not quite, i'm a month behind all of you) lol. But I feel that way too! I have a short torso, so I don't have a whole lot of room for baby as is. All my organs are currently squished up under my ribs... and my poor ribs are so very sore from the lack of space they now have and all the pressure on them (not to mention the baby thinks kicking them is fun.) My back is sore, and I get side aches all the time when I try to walk ANYWHERE. Today I went out and bought a maternity support belt because I couldn't take it anymore. I needed something to help hold up my belly! I don't see how there's room for me to get any bigger! I'm only 6 1/2 months along though... my belly has to get bigger still.
I'm the exact same way - the pain in my ribs is almost unbearable, and stretches around to my back, too, mostly on the right side. I can barely drive/ride in a car or sit up straight for too long without being in considerable pain. Today I had to physically push my belly down because I thought a BH contraction would literally bust open my ribcage. Ugh, I do not know if I can survive 8, maybe more, weeks!

Mama to BeaMax, born 8-3-08 :
: : : : :
#9 of 33 Old 06-09-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea View Post
Im as large now at 29 weeks as when I delivered my last one at 42 weeks and Im horrified that Im going to get even bigger for another 11-ish weeks...
This is what I was thinking all day yesterday, how on earth did I get this big and how on earth am I going to accomodate another 11+ weeks of baby growth!
Funny how we are all feeling it at the same time!

I still have my XL maternity clothes from last time to squeeze into, but I am sure I only wore them the last few weeks last time.

Nurse and mother to two beautiful boys, William 06/07/06, George 08/27/08, and our newest addition John Bear, born 9/20/10! Married to my lovely dh for 10 years on 06/04/10!
#10 of 33 Old 06-09-2008, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherRN View Post
I still have my XL maternity clothes from last time to squeeze into, but I am sure I only wore them the last few weeks last time.
Would be fine for me if I started out under XL! I need 1x at Motherhood and if I want to buy in a store there is one about half an hour away but they have a tiny selection of plus size so I'm not sure if its even worth it.

Right now I've got on some Lane Bryant stretchy workout type pants. I should go down there and see if they have more. These are like wearing pajamas!

#11 of 33 Old 06-09-2008, 07:20 PM

Bleh, I am feeling rather whale-ish myself. I am bigger with this pregnancy than with my son's (I look about 4 weeks ahead), and she is REALLY REALLY high. We had an U/S today, and you could see her head all squished at the top of my uterus, like she was wearing a hat I will be happy when she flips and drops...
#12 of 33 Old 06-09-2008, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post
I closed the refrigerator door on my belly yesterday and I was like, "OK! That's it! I am done growing."
I so feel you! I have opened the car door into it more than once and it HURT:. Also the fridge, walked into an open draw and while shopping I have knocked a few things off a display table. My mind has not caught up with the size of my belly, I can't believe it is going to get bigger then I look at pics of me in labor last time and I see that I am still SMALL in comparison! OMG

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#13 of 33 Old 06-09-2008, 11:08 PM

I haven't complained about anything with this pregnancy since it took so long to TTC, but.....

Add me to the list of "and I have how many weeks left?!?!" Gawd. My belly is in the way. It's being stretched to the limit already. My back hurts (and I do wear a maternity support belt). Several pairs of pants are too tight. All I want to wear in yoga pants. I feel soooo run down. I cannot wait until my last day at work simply because I just want to stay in bed and whimper. Being this uncomfortable makes me cranky. :

I swear the little monster is turning around because suddenly the sides of my belly are poking out and they hurt. :

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#14 of 33 Old 06-09-2008, 11:22 PM

I am more anxious for my first to come because I have no idea what it's like to even hold a newborn let alone have and take care of my own, than I am counting down weeks of how much bigger I am going to be.

For a long time I kept taking comparison photos, but now I just want to lay around and wait for the baby to come ^_^

I think my belly serves as a good table for my wacom tablet. hehe

However the CTsyndrome, I am not looking forward to the next two months T_T

SAHM Amber 24      DH Chris 26     DS Aiden  3  BFP for Christmas!!   25****30****35baby.gif***40!! 8/30 It's a stork-girl.gif

#15 of 33 Old 06-09-2008, 11:24 PM

I am so with you all on this. I don't know how I can stretch any more!
#16 of 33 Old 06-10-2008, 01:19 AM

I'm with you darlin'!
I don't fit in much. Who do they make maternity clothes for??
I grew quickly out of XL maternity clothes with my last pregnancy.. I'm getting there now too. (I'm usually a size Medium!!)

I am also in that awkward belly place too.
I knocked down a stack of blueberries at whole foods and sent them all rolling on the floor. I told them it was my belly!

Yes, it's quite the time. We'll all get there though... If only it were bikini weather here. I'm on Vashon Island, WA and it feels like winter right now:
what is up with the weather?!
#17 of 33 Old 06-10-2008, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UllaBulla View Post
I'm on Vashon Island, WA and it feels like winter right now:
I don't know!!! But I want it to go away! I want some sunshine!!!!! : Why does the sun think it has the right to hide from us?!

At this rate there won't be a summer for us...

#18 of 33 Old 06-10-2008, 02:45 AM - Thread Starter

I'm happy with the cool summer! This is my third summer pregnancy and the last two were miserable. I'll take 60s and 70s as long as I can!

#19 of 33 Old 06-10-2008, 09:25 AM

I am jealous of all you guys who are experiencing a cool summer! I'm in the southeast and we are having record-breaking heat - UGH! It just makes my hugeness that much worse. I started wearing DH's workout shorts yesterday b/c I'm outgrowing my maternity clothes - full elastic waistband, some room to grow - ahhh, so nice!
#20 of 33 Old 06-10-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UllaBulla View Post
I'm with you darlin'!
I don't fit in much. Who do they make maternity clothes for??
I grew quickly out of XL maternity clothes with my last pregnancy.. I'm getting there now too. (I'm usually a size Medium!!)

I am also in that awkward belly place too.
I knocked down a stack of blueberries at whole foods and sent them all rolling on the floor. I told them it was my belly!

Yes, it's quite the time. We'll all get there though... If only it were bikini weather here. I'm on Vashon Island, WA and it feels like winter right now:

Wow - I'm on the east coast and it is so hot today that DD's school was closed! (As, I believe, are all the schools around the state) So freaky. It feels like an open oven door - yesterday my thermom registered 107, and we are on the coast more or less.

The above-described heat is adding to my misery. My ankles - where have they gone?????????????

I am heavier right now at 30 weeks (by a good 8 pounds) than I was the day before I gave birth to DD (started this pregnancy heavier), so I'm also feeling just all around enormous. To add to it, I have been on partial bed rest and unable to get *any* exercise, so I just feel like a big, gross lump.

I delivered DD at 37 weeks and feel certain this little one is going to come earlier, so I keep telling myself - 7 more weeks at most - you can do it!

Mama to 2 mopheaded rascals
#21 of 33 Old 06-10-2008, 10:28 AM

I'm also in the cool weather camp, and DANGIT I have cute summer maternity stuff I want to wear! But no I'm dragging sweaters and snagging fleece from my husband in order to stay warm out here in Seattle!

I feel HUGE as well. I'm carrying high and this baby is supposedly "big", even though I weigh about 15lbs less than I did at the same stage with my son. Last night I ran into the dresser with my belly and boy did it hurt! OW!!

DS1 04/2005; DS2 08/2008
#22 of 33 Old 06-10-2008, 12:28 PM

Oh, wow, I'm in Seattle too, and I LOVE this weather! I keep checking the forecast to see how much longer we have so I can savor every day. It's not like it's raining all the time, so we can still go outside, but it's cool enough to not make the giant pregnant ladies hot and swollen! I hate the heat under the best of conditions, but with an August baby I'm practically going to be a vampire this summer.

I cannot believe I am only 31 weeks pregnant. It really feels more like 34 or 35. I have no idea how I'm going to make it through this whole summer!
#23 of 33 Old 06-10-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyRoo View Post
Wow - I'm on the east coast and it is so hot today that DD's school was closed! (As, I believe, are all the schools around the state) So freaky. It feels like an open oven door - yesterday my thermom registered 107, and we are on the coast more or less.

The above-described heat is adding to my misery. My ankles - where have they gone?????????????
Yes. The heat. When my dh comes in the house it feels like he is fresh out of the dryer.

(And I hate how every other person I meet says, "oh way to go planning this pregnancy during the summer, you are going to DIE")

However someone made a good point to me the other day though - it would really suck to be in your 1st tri right now feeling nauseous and sick in this crazy heat. I don't have the experience to compare to, but I think I prefer it the way we have it. I'm glad I'm feeling really well and that I'm just big right now because it's all the better reason to stay indoors with my feet up!

mama to Allison 8-18-08 and Ethan 1-24-11  heartbeat.gif

#24 of 33 Old 06-10-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hempmama View Post
Oh, wow, I'm in Seattle too, and I LOVE this weather! I keep checking the forecast to see how much longer we have so I can savor every day. It's not like it's raining all the time, so we can still go outside, but it's cool enough to not make the giant pregnant ladies hot and swollen! I hate the heat under the best of conditions, but with an August baby I'm practically going to be a vampire this summer.

I cannot believe I am only 31 weeks pregnant. It really feels more like 34 or 35. I have no idea how I'm going to make it through this whole summer!
Alaska is cold, maybe you'd like it there? lol. We want warm weather down here!!!!

#25 of 33 Old 06-10-2008, 05:22 PM

Not during the summer it's not, and bugs, yick! No thanks. Seattle is always like this in June- have you lived here long? It's not reliably warm until July 4. That's why I love it here!
#26 of 33 Old 06-10-2008, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykilbo View Post
I'm glad I'm feeling really well and that I'm just big right now because it's all the better reason to stay indoors with my feet up!
That would be nice if you have A/C. We don't and haven't since we moved to Oregon. Someone has the stupid idea that A/C isn't needed here. Other than last summer which was tolerable, ever other summer has had weeks upon weeks with temps in the upper 90s and low 100s. That warrants air conditioning to me.

#27 of 33 Old 06-10-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Megan~ View Post
That would be nice if you have A/C. We don't and haven't since we moved to Oregon. Someone has the stupid idea that A/C isn't needed here. Other than last summer which was tolerable, ever other summer has had weeks upon weeks with temps in the upper 90s and low 100s. That warrants air conditioning to me.
HOLY COW. I cannot even imagine!

mama to Allison 8-18-08 and Ethan 1-24-11  heartbeat.gif

#28 of 33 Old 06-10-2008, 07:05 PM

I totally agree about feeling huge, but I hate hearing it kwim. I just want to bash people senseless with my diaper bag as they shake their heads and stare at my belly while I try to hold my 15 mo son and a diaper bag and whatever else I'm carrying and go "Holy your HUGE! You look like your ready to pop... blah blah blah" ick.

As for injuring the torpedo (I mean belly ) I was pulling muffins out of the oven and touched the pan on my belly right above my belly button... ya, I have a huge blistered blackened line there, and I cried. I never cry when I hurt myself, but I think it was more about the frustration of my belly being in the way than burning myself. My dh was very concerned at my reaction and wanted to take me to emerg, but I just started laughing and crying at the same time, and he hugged me with a "pregnant ladies" shrug. Ugh, come on baby, get done cookin'!

I am not crunchy enough for this forum. Everyday I get a little crunchier though! :
#29 of 33 Old 06-10-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Not during the summer it's not, and bugs, yick! No thanks. Seattle is always like this in June- have you lived here long? It's not reliably warm until July 4. That's why I love it here!
so true, summer here doesn't officially start until July 5th right? Because you always chance rain on the 4th of july. I just want to point out that while rain/overcast is normal, this COLD isn't! Snow in the passes? Craziness! My birthday is Aug 2, right during SeaFair which also always always rains.

how many other august Seattle mamas are there here? We should have a GTG or something!

DS1 04/2005; DS2 08/2008
#30 of 33 Old 06-10-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Yes, all my life. And no, it's not like this usually. We're experiencing RECORD COLD in case you haven't watched the news. It's never like this in June. Yes, we get a good number of cloudy days in june usually... and some rain.. BUT it's usually in the 60's and 70's with an occasional 80 degree day. I have NEVER had to run the heat in my house in June... if that says anything.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page