Anyone else feel like they have a bowling ball between their legs? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 06-17-2008, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This has been going on and getting worse over the past few weeks. I am almost positive my babe has just had the huge growth spurt that my MW was talking about happening between 28-32 or so weeks and with her being head down (I think) I feel like I can't sit with my legs closed even a bit OR even sit up properly in a chair. My belly down low feels sooo big and heavy that if I sit up straight the babe starts to kick and bounce like crazy until I lie back a bit. It is a total pain while driving, since the kicks/punches really do hurt and I can't just decide to lie back while driving.

Also I have been getting shooting pains in my vagina when the babe starts moving and shaking. Very painful, I can only imagine what she is pushing on to cause those sort of sensations.:

Anyone else feeling a bit overwhelmed down low? I don't remember this happening until the week or two before my DD was born around 38wks but right now I am only 33 so it is much earlier. Hmmm this is going to be physically a long 2mths!

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#2 of 17 Old 06-17-2008, 01:12 AM

nope still breech
and LOVING not having that grapefruit up my kitty feeling
I pee only 3 times a day max!

8 might be enough
#3 of 17 Old 06-17-2008, 02:05 AM

Ugh I feel that way, I feel horrible. I can't even sit up straight with out my ribs hurting and my pelvis, hips, "down there" etc everywhere!!!

I can't believe I have 2 months left :'(

And I don't know what contractions feel like, but I have been having a similar to AF cramps feeling that doesn't feel quite like anything else I have felt.

SAHM Amber 24      DH Chris 26     DS Aiden  3  BFP for Christmas!!   25****30****35baby.gif***40!! 8/30 It's a stork-girl.gif

#4 of 17 Old 06-17-2008, 04:12 AM

Yes, I do have the bowling ball heavy feeling and I am only at 31 weeks. I am so glad you brought this up, I didn't know if this is what I have to look forward to for the next two months! I was getting concerned about the occasional sharp pains in my vagina but just when I get ready to call my MW, they stopped. But, I do have a short torso, so where else is this little one going to go? Guess my kitty is going to be a trampoline for a while.
#5 of 17 Old 06-17-2008, 11:04 AM

I feel like this baby's going to drop out of my va-jay-jay at any moment - I'm so swollen and engorged...I second the whole "sitting sucks" thing. My office chair feels like a torture device most days.

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

#6 of 17 Old 06-17-2008, 12:28 PM

I'm feeling the same way. Especially about the office chair being torture!!! I've been so good about my posture, but ughh. It's just so strange to feel my belly so low

Meredyth partners.gif Travis, Mama to my boys J, L, E & my girl B
Bella Rose is here 07/29/10!
Always missing my angel1.gif
#7 of 17 Old 06-17-2008, 01:29 PM

Yep! This baby is loowww! He is so low I have a hard time with is trimming the hair around my girlie parts so my unders don't pull on the hair. OUCH!:

Wife to James mom to dd(1999) ds1(2001)and ds2(7/08)
: * : * * : * * :
#8 of 17 Old 06-17-2008, 04:46 PM

Me! This baby is very, very low. Some of those movements are really, really uncomfortable too. Ugh. Pregnancy is hard even when it's easy.
#9 of 17 Old 06-17-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apelilae View Post
Me! This baby is very, very low. Some of those movements are really, really uncomfortable too. Ugh. Pregnancy is hard even when it's easy.
Isn't that the truth...I can't believe there's so long to go still.
#10 of 17 Old 06-17-2008, 05:33 PM

omg yes yes yes this is me totally

my baby turned and dropped at 26 weeks and with my first he turned and dropped at 20 weeks

the pain pain i walk around going it hurts it hurts it hurts lol the pain it crazy

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
#11 of 17 Old 06-17-2008, 05:53 PM

YES! I also wake up to pee at LEAST 5 times every night. Ridiculous! Am I ever going to sleep again?
#12 of 17 Old 06-17-2008, 10:02 PM

The past couple of days I've been feeling like the baby is putting a lot of pressure on my bladder - I have to pee every 2 seconds! I'm not sure but I think the baby is head-down. It was the last time, at our 28-week appointment. I'm not sure how to tell. I guess I could try digging my hands in there like my midwife did, but I feel like that might hurt, or at the very least annoy the babe... But you know, I've really just felt the baby very low the whole pregnancy so far. Mostly, I feel fine and it's not too bad - it's just the past couple of days I've had to pee everywhere I go! You really get familiar with public restrooms in every establishment you happen to visit when you're pregnant. Usually I try not to use public bathrooms, but now I just have to. I used the bathroom at Home Depot the other day - never done that before! It wasn't too bad, actually...
#13 of 17 Old 06-18-2008, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimejean View Post
I was getting concerned about the occasional sharp pains in my vagina but just when I get ready to call my MW, they stopped.
My MW said the sharp pains are usually because they are head down and have gotten their little hand up to their mouths and then placed their elbow straight down poking you in your vagina! OUCH!!!

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#14 of 17 Old 06-18-2008, 12:49 AM

It gets worse? NOooo! I already feel like I don't have room left. I don't want to have a bowling ball inbetween my legs... ugh. Not looking forward to it...

Rachel lady.gif, in love with my baby girl Abigailenergy.gifborn 9/17/08!
#15 of 17 Old 06-18-2008, 12:02 PM

I feel some pressure down there like pushing or weight but I think he's still breech at the moment. I have an appt tomorrow so I'm going to ask her to check his positioning.

I do feel like I have a bowling ball in my tummy though. He's gotten so heavy that I actually have slowed down walking and I'm a natural fast walker.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#16 of 17 Old 06-18-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyactsofcharity View Post
YES! I also wake up to pee at LEAST 5 times every night. Ridiculous! Am I ever going to sleep again?
Me too, Me too!

A bowling ball is EXACTLY what his head feels like right now!

Claire, mommy to Robbie (8/23/08) and Brena (4-22-11) and wifey to Joe

#17 of 17 Old 06-18-2008, 07:14 PM

I'm totally with you guys. I can tell my belly has dropped because it's always hanging out of shirts that fit just fine a week ago. And it feels like my bowels (TMI) are totally being squished, and I keep getting those same sharp jabs. And leaning over is a thing of the past.

I was actually looking forward to this because I thought it might ease some of the pain in my ribs, but not so much. If anything it's just getting worse. Ugh, I'm only at 33 weeks - I can't imagine it getting worse.

Mama to BeaMax, born 8-3-08 :
: : : : :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page