Baby isn't Head down - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 07-07-2008, 11:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Same boat-- (I have my own thread on my crazy situation b/c last Wed I thought I would be induced by Sat for very low amniotic fluid, at least then the baby WAS head down so in theory I had a chance of avoiding c/s with induction.)

But my crazy LO flipped from heaD down to breech between 36 weeks 1 day and 36 weeks 3 days. Baby, what are you thinking? Tonight I just laid with my pelvis elevated for 10 minutes or more on my dd's slide and felt a crazy amount of activity. Hoping, little guy decided to flip again, since he apparently just did it in the last 2 days.

WHY? After I think a month head down why NOW to go breech crazy LO?

Off to read spinning babies, let me know what happens with yours!!!

But my sister swore that lying inclined, pelvis up for 20 minutes a day flipped her first. She can't remember how late in pg though.
#32 of 44 Old 07-07-2008, 11:28 PM

my friends baby was just transverse and stayed that way until 39 weeks when she went in to have him turned externally
i say wait ti out as long as possible and give them all the time they need to turn while doing things to help of course

maya mama to dd 10,ds 5,ds 21m &15weeks
#33 of 44 Old 07-08-2008, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

thanks all of you so much. It is comforting to know that i'm not the only one in this boat although I do wish NONE of us had to deal with it. The funny thing is that I went into the midwife yesterday and I could have sworn the baby had turn the day before when I was doing excercises. Well, she felt a little and checked the heartbeat and said she was pretty sure the baby was still head up...but really, something feels different and I don't feel that big head there anymore. She offered an ultrasound but I declined--maybe I should have...
#34 of 44 Old 07-08-2008, 07:04 PM

Well Fynn isn't head down yet and I'm 35.3 along and getting a little worried. My C-section date is 7-21 because he will need to exit as soon as we are comfortable with him doing so. I'm hoping he will turn for me before then. I really am. I have tried every thing I could find out there.
Silly baby, you need to turn over.....
Shawna
#35 of 44 Old 07-09-2008, 03:57 PM

Woohoo! Baby DID flip back to vertex the other night when I was lying on dd's slide, hips up. I thought I felt a lot of craziness when I got into that position. This was at 36 weeks 4 days. So they definitely CAN turn then. (like I said above in my post--my lo was vertex until 36 weeks 1 day, then flipped breech by 36 weeks 3 days, then just 1 try at inversion and he flipped back again at 36 weeks 4 days.) Now I sure hope he STAYS this way! I have enough other problems--like they want to induce me for low AFI, but I want baby to bake longer, but of course, stay safe, too! That's a whole nother thread...

So mamas, I hope same happens for you. Try the inversions--my sister swore it worked for her breech baby, and 1 try seemed to do the trick for me. (What I did more specifically-- DD has a little mini playset inside, so a pretty small one. I Laid with my back hips and thighs running up the little slide, calves on a platform parallel to ground, shoulders/upper back on ground and chin tucked at the bottom. I was trying for 20 minutes, but I think I maybe did 10 --all I could stand at the time, it was making me feel sick, but Hey, I really really wanted him to flip, right?)
#36 of 44 Old 07-09-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstruck View Post
(What I did more specifically-- DD has a little mini playset inside, so a pretty small one. I Laid with my back hips and thighs running up the little slide, calves on a platform parallel to ground, shoulders/upper back on ground and chin tucked at the bottom. I was trying for 20 minutes, but I think I maybe did 10 --all I could stand at the time, it was making me feel sick, but Hey, I really really wanted him to flip, right?)

Hearing this makes me feel better, too. I feel like a jackass doing the inversions hanging off the couch and keeping the kids off me, but if it works then I'm all for it. And I thought I was going to pass out, too and felt like a sloth hanging from a tree

Meredyth partners.gif Travis, Mama to my boys J, L, E & my girl B
Bella Rose is here 07/29/10!
Always missing my angel1.gif
#37 of 44 Old 07-09-2008, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

That is AWESOME moonstruck!!! I am so happy for you and the babe. I'm going to try something similar tonight. It doesn't help that i have a nasty cold and cough so any upsidedown things are SO uncomfortable. Whatever works though!
#38 of 44 Old 07-09-2008, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Does anyone else get pretty sever headaches after doing these inversions?
#39 of 44 Old 07-09-2008, 09:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I get headaches from even a slight inversion and / or knee chest position.

I am working with a chiropractor (34.5 weeks) who does Webster technique. After 1 treatment baby got head down. I was ecstatic but the next day she wasn't - she didn't flip breech exactly she is more at a diagonal. Anyway I had a 2nd treatment today (chiro said 2-4 is typical) and I'm not sure but she seems to have gone back down. It's just hard to tell sometimes. Anyway, chiro said there's still lots of time and not to worry. Just wanted to let you know that I really think the chiro will work. My OB wants to do an u/s at 36 weeks to see. I noticed my OB is really not confident/as good at determining position with his hands.

I am also seeing a midwife who does acupuncture and she said at 34 weeks I have plenty of time (2nd baby). She has a v. high success rate too. She said that at 34 wks I'm not out of the woods and babies often flip in and out still.

Just wanted to pass along what I had found out in case it helps someone.

ALso FYI when the baby was head down the mw said no swimming. I read elsewhere also that swimming encourages breech.
#40 of 44 Old 07-09-2008, 11:22 PM

I didn't get a severe headache after doing the inversion, but definitely my head hurt while I was doing it and just after, not exactly headache, but worse than just lightheaded, too; hard to describe. Overall, felt quite uncomfortable, but I kept telling myself to buck up and stay there a bit longer b/c I just kept thinking how much worse recovery from csection might feel than whatever I felt during those 10 mins, kwim? After a while I was literally counting seconds on my fingers to try to keep myself there a bit.

But one more thing-- since I have low aminiotic fluid, I've been really conscious to drink a TON of water. And Ive been reading studies that show that maternal hydration really does affect amniotic fluid levels. Study showed that drinking 2 L two to six hours before a repeated measure of amniotic fluid index showed an increase measure of 15%. ( google Maternal hydration increases amniotic fluid index.) And it occurs to me that I think that might have really helped with baby's flipping--I'd recommend trying the inversion after drinking a lot of fluid for a few hours straight, plus keep stomach and bowels relatively empty if possible. I think this might maximize the room and fluid to help movement. AND do the inversion at a typically busy time for baby's movements.

I think the superhydration and picking the right time for baby (mine was late evening, around 930 or so, typically an active time) might really help increase the odds of baby flipping during an inversion.

Good luck everyone!!!
#41 of 44 Old 07-10-2008, 08:36 AM

I was reading about pulsitilla being used for breach and posterior babies. You take Pulsitilla 30c about 5 pills two times a day for three days or until the baby turns. I have some on hand and figure it can't hurt to try for my posterior. Do you have some you can try for your breach?
#42 of 44 Old 07-29-2008, 03:37 AM - Thread Starter

Ah! What a rollar coaster I have been on. Babe turned head down around 37 weeks and stayed that way and now at my 39 week apt. She is head up again. What!??? So frusterating! Theyhave me scheduled for a version on Wednesday but they also want to induce me right away if it is successful so they baby won't turn again. What do you think about this? How can I keep this bebe head down!? I'm SO NERVOUS about the version...
#43 of 44 Old 07-29-2008, 04:06 AM

I wouldn't do the version. I did it before and it was not only painful but the success is not very high. Its also somewhat dangerous.

Have you tried chiropractic or accupuncture? The success rate is much higher than with a version.

Some babies just need to be head up too. There may be a reason s/he wants/needs to be in that position.

Also, some babies don't turn till the contractions of labor put them in the best position.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#44 of 44 Old 07-29-2008, 12:51 PM

I've been doing pelvic tilts as often as possible to keep my LO head down.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page