Third trimester hormones--anyone else suffering? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 32 Old 06-24-2008, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
From rabid (and uncharacteristic) jealousy to crankiness to clinginess, I've been riding an emotional roller coaster the last few weeks. Even as I'm giving voice to them I *know* that I sound unreasonable yet I keep on doing it. My poor dh.

Anyone else feel like their emotions are hanging by a string?

Homesteading Mama to homeschoolin' kiddos London (10) ; Alexander (8) :; Holden (5) :; and Sergei born at home 8/18/08
#2 of 32 Old 06-24-2008, 01:33 PM

Mine are ...Big time, but my husband is not understanding and we have almost divorced over it....I dont think my emotions are the whole issue but whatever. I find I cry more with the kids over silly things.....my poor dd1 is never going to want kids if she thinks pregnancy makes u act like this lol.
#3 of 32 Old 06-24-2008, 03:37 PM

I am going through a huge bout of antepartum depression, so I feel ya!
#4 of 32 Old 06-24-2008, 03:43 PM

The past nine months have been on rollercoaster. One minute I'm happy, the next I can't stand anyone, the next I'm crying like a baby, and the next I'm...whew, I can't even explain. LOL. Not much longer to go, mommas.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#5 of 32 Old 06-24-2008, 05:26 PM

I feel 14 again. Emotionally unstable, frustrated with my body and socially awkward. It's puberty all over again.

Also the acne is back. lol

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
#6 of 32 Old 06-24-2008, 06:02 PM

Yeah, I'm grumpy and weepy. What a combo.

I also have gestational diabetes and I wonder how much of the grumpy is from that. I don't think much because my blood sugar levels have been fine. I think it's just hormones (thought with my first pregnancy I didn't have any emotional hormone stuff).
#7 of 32 Old 06-24-2008, 07:10 PM

Oh boy have I been moody. I am mostly grouchy (very) or on the verge of tears. I am finding it very hard to have a happy medium where I am just happy and enjoying life. I never thought it was hormones doing this to me, but makes total sense, ugghh. Dh has been pretty understanding, thank God!
#8 of 32 Old 06-24-2008, 07:27 PM

I have been very emotional. I am super sensitive over everything. I am trying to keep quiet about it since I know what is causing it. We were on vacation and it was very hard to relax. I keep feeling like DH was ignoring me or I had too much time with the kids. I had a strong internal dialogue the whole time. I was telling myself to calm down.

Mama to three hilarious kiddos- Dylan 10, Edison 7, Violet 3. Partner to my sweet man since 2/2/02- mostly just doing.

#9 of 32 Old 06-24-2008, 08:42 PM

I am super bitch today...

And my daughter is currently grating on my LAST nerve with incessant crying for no reason...goodness help me!!

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

#10 of 32 Old 06-24-2008, 09:15 PM

Yes! I'm feeling the same way. I had a beautiful second trimester after being sick as a dog for most of the first. Now I'm finding myself incredibly grouchy, very sensitive and weepy and quite quick to anger. I just have no patience. I feel lucky that my husband is very understanding and lets my moods roll off his back without being dismissive. It makes a world of difference.

I was just saying to my mom that I'm SO glad my son is done school because it's a pretty tight knit community and most of us pick our kids up and its very social. I had just had enough of the chit chat and people commenting on how freakin' big I am. I'm just ready at this point to be at home with my close family who love me no matter how cranky I am.

My biggest focus right now is trying to be patient and kind with my son. He's SO excited about the baby and the whole pregnancy so I don't want my crabbiness to spoil that. I know as the due date draws closer he's feeling a little anxious and insecure even though he's happy and looking forward to it at the same time. So for him I'm trying to keep myself reigned in. Otherwise I think I'd be a total lunatic!
#11 of 32 Old 06-24-2008, 10:09 PM

grouchy, irritable, weepy...sometimes i feel like i'm certainly going insane. wauughh i'm so ready to have this baby!

dreads.gif and my man mischievous.gif. Momma to ds1 (11-'04) blahblah.gif, ds2 (8-'08) hammer.gif, dd (3-'12) orngtongue.gif, and Mr Blue, Chiyo, and Fireball, our 3 cat.gifnovaxnocirc.gif intactlact.gif uc.jpg

#12 of 32 Old 06-24-2008, 10:47 PM

To add to the above emotions, I've also been anxious with the end of the school year (I'm a teacher) and all the end of year emotions-feeling out of sorts at the idea of being away from my job for a year, with someone just below me trying to steal my job (and who likely will)...knowing I will come back to teach courses I am not very passionate about. Argh.

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
#13 of 32 Old 06-25-2008, 01:06 AM

I'm definitely moody and have less patience with my girls, but my husband, lucky him, has been in Iraq since we conceived, so he just gets to hear about it all in my daily emails. But he's always very supportive in telling me that I'm strong and amazing to go through this pregnancy and take care of our 3 girls on my own.
#14 of 32 Old 06-25-2008, 11:34 AM

Sign me for a ride on the emotional rollercoaster express...

My wonderful, understanding and sweet husband has had to put up with some real bitch-fests the last few weeks. It's so weird that even when I'm speaking (i.e. yelling and throwing tantrums), I can see myself from the outside and think "Geez, shut up!! He's never going to want to stay married to you if you keep on going like this!!"

He knows that this is all completely hormonal, but when I start bawling over a spilled can of evaporated milk (really!) because he had just mopped and I felt so bad for getting the floor dirty again, and then because I couldn't find the damn mop to clean up the mess, he just hugs me and tells me to sit down while he cleans up - which only makes me cry harder...

*sigh* hormones are insane!!!

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

#15 of 32 Old 06-26-2008, 01:47 AM

I have to say that I am not so emotional like in my other pregnancies. I have been able to manage my emotions, specially having my parents here that sometimes they drive me nutsy! But I been able to be stable in that department this time around phew!!!!!! It might be probably all the pregnancy, RRL and nettle tea I been drinking!?!?!? Probably!

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
#16 of 32 Old 06-26-2008, 02:28 AM

I have turned into such a raging bitch in the last few weeks it's not even funny. I think it's because I save all my patience for my 3yo DS, so I lose it with other people (esp. my poor husband!)

DS1 04/2005; DS2 08/2008
#17 of 32 Old 06-26-2008, 08:05 AM

Oh my lawd! I'm glad to know that I'm not alone (but sad to know that the rest of you are suffering as well).

Last week I was *on top of the world*. I had soooo much energy. I was nesting like a mofo. In one day alone I cleaned out the storage building (NOT an easy task), touched up the paint in the kids room, repainted the kitchen chairs, took the kid's door off of the hinges to repair the hinges and then put it back and I can't remember what else. It was like one thing led to another, lol.

Then this week I crashed. I have been convinced my DH is cheating on me (he isn't), crying all day because he doens't love me (he does)...it's been horrible. Yesterday by this time (it's only seven in the morning) I had a huge pile of tissue beside me where I had cried and cried. But now this morning I am fine. I an not necessarly feeling "nesty" but I feel even emotionally.

This is CRAZY!!

Mama to:Ben (12), Natalie (9), Zoe (5)

#18 of 32 Old 06-26-2008, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Slabobbin. : I can totally relate to the "he's cheating on me, he doesn't love me" thing. Here is one of my uglier moments--dh's best friend's FIL had a very serious heart attack. He was in critical care and things were very touch-and-go. Dh told me that he felt sorry for best friend's wife (whom I don't like) because he knows what it's like to lose a parent.

What did I say? "Why don't you go and comfort her, then?"

Homesteading Mama to homeschoolin' kiddos London (10) ; Alexander (8) :; Holden (5) :; and Sergei born at home 8/18/08
#19 of 32 Old 06-26-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slabobbin View Post
Last week I was *on top of the world*. I had soooo much energy. I was nesting like a mofo.
Hilarious! ... this describes me the last few weeks. I love that!
#20 of 32 Old 06-27-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post
I feel 14 again. Emotionally unstable, frustrated with my body and socially awkward. It's puberty all over again.
Yes!! We just bought land to build our house and that was stressful plus dh has been working long long hours and is around long enough to put ds to bed but leaves no time for me. I feel huge and like I have nothing interesting to say except the status of my cm and general largeness.

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
#21 of 32 Old 06-27-2008, 06:14 PM

I am a walking cliche of hormones! I believe my dh just told me I was "screaming at him like a 14 year old girl." I cannot handle even the slightest bit of stress without falling apart. One minute I'm yelling and the next I'm sobbing. One minute I'm in a rage and the next I'm happy and affectionate. It is so awful... and relatives from France are coming to visit for 4 days next week... I bet I'll keep them on birth control for a few more years!

Hope you all find some relief somewhere out there soon!!
#22 of 32 Old 06-28-2008, 10:27 AM

Glad to hear I'm not alone! I have been so irritable and cranky lately. I also have times when I just want to cry.
#23 of 32 Old 06-29-2008, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post
Exactly! And I'll add self-absorbed too. I love babies but I really do not like pregnancy.
#24 of 32 Old 06-29-2008, 01:52 PM

I have been horribly grumpy. Everything seems to set me off, which is just not good. For example I went to Dairy Queen...was going to treat myself to a little cheat and get some ice cream. Well...I know that if I cheat I have to drink a lot of water to help quickly flush the sugar through my system so I asked the little 16 year old girl at the counter for a large cup of water with my order. Now mind you I am huge and it is like 90 degrees outside. She hands me the SMALLEST cup I have ever seen and told me that is all she was allowed to give me and pointed me in the direction of the drinking fountain. WHAT???????? I told her that she was more then welcome to fill up a large cup with water from the sink behing the counter if she was worried I was going to steal pop from the fountain drink station, and she still refused. I mean my goodness....all I wanted was a flipping CUP OF WATER. I was infuritated and flipped out in front of an entire line of people about how obviously she could not see the fact that I was close to 9 months pregnant and 90 degrees for me feels like well over 100 degrees and all I wanted was some water. She handed me my ice cream, I told her to throw it away and walked out....empty handed. Wow....I think I have officilally went insane over water and ice cream .
Alicia

Get "101 Tips That Burn Belly Fat Daily
    For  Free thumb.gif , Visit Here 

#25 of 32 Old 06-29-2008, 07:36 PM

I am definitely more grouchy now than I usually am.

Mommy to: Belle: 01/27/2002, Maggie: 07/22/2008, Daniella, lost @ 9 wks on 06/04/2007, Baby Three Due 1/10/10
#26 of 32 Old 06-29-2008, 07:40 PM

I am a totally irrational lunatic. Watch out!

Decluttering SAHM of three. Going for 2011 items in 2011.
#27 of 32 Old 06-30-2008, 11:23 AM

This whole pregnancy I've been soooo insecure and clingy! I can't stand feeling this way, I miss my old secure, independent self who didn't cry at the drop of hat!

Claire, mommy to Robbie (8/23/08) and Brena (4-22-11) and wifey to Joe

#28 of 32 Old 06-30-2008, 12:28 PM

I apparently have lost my tact button. Normally, I'm this sweet, nice person who would hate to ever have to be mean and brutally honest...

My mom was complaining that her nails are turning yellow since she quit smoking (yay Mom. I rather bluntly told her "It's because you're getting old." Whoops....:

I made up for it with a hug and a yummy dinner, but boy was she pissed for a few minutes.

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

#29 of 32 Old 06-30-2008, 05:20 PM

Yes yes yes! And I hate it so much. I'm normally not an emotional person at all, and I really enjoy being so steady. In the first tri I get somewhat depressed because I'm throwing up 12 times a day, which is understandable I think. It's no fun, but at least it doesn't feel insane. Now I'm just crazy. I get clingy, anxious, irritated, and depressed all within the space of 24 hours. Maybe with a touch of nostalgic or weepy thrown in there for the heck of it.
#30 of 32 Old 07-01-2008, 01:02 PM

yes!! I have been a cranky mom and wife and neither are really cutting me any slack (can't blame the poor 20 month old!) I have to 'yell' at DH that it's my hormones and emotions and why can't he just understand and leave me alone!! He has been quick to come back at me lately and he was never like this in the past. I feel like I have to work on creating a new life, be a good mother, coworker/manager and not screw up the marriage all at the same time. Yep, crying as I type this. ugh.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page