Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Amelia May
#62 of 73 Old 07-14-2008, 09:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansma View Post
Is it weird that I don't want to say because I don't want it "out there" possibly gaining popularity ?
I'm with you. We're having a girl and the name I've been set on for ages is very uncommon. It's a simple classic name, very beautiful, and not at all weird -- but it doesn't appear in the top 1000 on the SS website for the past several decades. I love that DD will (presumably) be the only one with her name, and I've been very hesitant to share it online.
#63 of 73 Old 07-14-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
I'm with you. We're having a girl and the name I've been set on for ages is very uncommon. It's a simple classic name, very beautiful, and not at all weird -- but it doesn't appear in the top 1000 on the SS website for the past several decades. I love that DD will (presumably) be the only one with her name, and I've been very hesitant to share it online.
After reading that, I'm dying to know what the name is. It sounds like the female equivalent of the name I'm still trying to find!

Decluttering SAHM of three. Going for 2011 items in 2011.
#64 of 73 Old 07-14-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
Someone actually posted my soon to be born son's name on another thread and I had to stop myself from commenting. I obsessed about it for two days. I just love the name and don't want him to be one of many.

April thankful mommy to my boys Big Red 3/06 Little Z 9/08 and happily awaiting the arrival of 10/10 :
#65 of 73 Old 07-15-2008, 03:14 AM

Dh wants to wait until we meet her.
We don't even have a list. I secretly love the name Charlotte so maybe that one will be a top contender. But for now - nothin'!
#66 of 73 Old 07-15-2008, 03:44 AM

dropping in from the sept ddc but our litle girl is being called Fern Matilda.
#67 of 73 Old 07-15-2008, 11:43 PM

Also dropping in from the Sept DDC...We're not sure which month we'll end up in!!!!

We're having a girl...here is our list.

Clara Mae or Clara Ettore (pronounced Ae-tor_ae...my grandfather was named Ettore and changed it to Hector)

Laurel Mae or Laurel Ettore (Mae is also a family name)

Molly Ettore

Maeve Ettore or Maeve ?

Partner to , mother of and
#68 of 73 Old 07-17-2008, 04:06 PM

OOPs...

Left out Adelaide Mae. Or possibly Adelaide Ettore...

Obviously, we are hooked on two middle names.

beth

Partner to , mother of and
#69 of 73 Old 07-17-2008, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychocandy View Post
We're supposedly having a girl, so she will most likely be Evelyn Lucille. Evelyn was my second choice name. I'm afraid to say my first choice, in case it gets popular!!
Well, a friend who loves celebrity gossip informed me that Angelina Jolie named one of her babies Vivienne, which was my first choice (although I prefer the spelling 'Vivian'). So now I'm glad we didn't pick that name, since I'm sure it will quickly become one of the most popular names. So much for naming our second girl Vivian!
#70 of 73 Old 07-17-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Megan~ View Post
I'm not changing it but I don't like that its getting popular!
Everyone picking up on "your" name is just absolutely unavoidable, I've found. We named DD1 Lucy, because we loved it and because it was sooo unique... well. Last year she was in a ballet class- a small one, mind you- and there were two other Lucys! I think there's just something zeitgeisty that moves through the U.S., making an uncommon name suddenly seem like a good idea to everyone all at once. Something in the water, maybe?

The ballet teacher ended up calling DD by her nickname, Lu, to differentiate. So that was kind of fun.

And the name for the little dolly coming in November: Ginger Elizabeth. (Not in your DDC but this thread was too tempting!)
#71 of 73 Old 07-18-2008, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettie cracker View Post
William Paul --- and we're calling him Wip. It suits our family better.
Our ds is William Patrick and we call him WP

For a girl: Mary Baker (my maiden name)

For a boy: John Bonham

Nurse and mother to two beautiful boys, William 06/07/06, George 08/27/08, and our newest addition John Bear, born 9/20/10! Married to my lovely dh for 10 years on 06/04/10!
#72 of 73 Old 07-18-2008, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattifattener View Post
Everyone picking up on "your" name is just absolutely unavoidable, I've found. We named DD1 Lucy, because we loved it and because it was sooo unique... well. Last year she was in a ballet class- a small one, mind you- and there were two other Lucys! I think there's just something zeitgeisty that moves through the U.S., making an uncommon name suddenly seem like a good idea to everyone all at once. Something in the water, maybe?
I love the name Lucy! I would have been as shocked as you to come across other Lucy's.

We know a LOT of 3-6 year old Henry's and Max's whose parents thought their sons would be the only one with that name. A LOT.
#73 of 73 Old 07-18-2008, 08:27 AM

I too love LUCY
I was going to name my little girl
Quote:
(pronounced Ae-tor_ae...my grandfather was named Ettore and changed it to Hector)
mine too

or you could go for a middle name of Ettore Mae that has a sing song to it

my babe?
well to complicate things they go by their middle names in dh family...

so here's my first name thread (second position name)
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=933304

His name will be Hezekiah Kane (or some other spelling of Kane) Hezekiah for my dad as it was the name he always wanted to name his son...he only had daughters and 6 grandsons so its only fitting the last grandson be named this...although my mother detests the name he will go by his middle name so no harm. Kane is also a family name from my father's side. Dh wants to call him Kane, but who knows we could end up with Kai or something else as a nn.

8 might be enough

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page