So I had my monthly ultrasound yesterday that I have been getting because of the diabetes...and the tech got all freaked out because I have a grade 3 placenta. Basically my placenta is rather mature for it's age. So they sent me to Portland to get a level 2 ultrasound to see if the baby is getting enough bloodflow through the cord and what not.
And they panicked, pack a bag, bring your husband, make arrangements for the animals....the whole deal and my appointment is an hour drive time away in 3 hours....
So at 34 weeks what do i do? I panic, call my husband, pull him out of work, get a neighbor to watch the dogs feed up the cats, pack a hospital bag, rummage through the baby clothes to find an outfit, all that good stuff.
So we get down to Portland, get into the ultrasound. First thing the tech says is,"Wow, look at that hair on his head!" And i'm thinking yeah ok, he has hair but is he going to have live in the nicu for a week or 2. So she checks everything out: Fluid levels, good; heartbeat, good; bladder, stomache, etc, good; movement, like a backup dancer; lungs, practicing breathing, great...
Everything with the baby looks good.
And the placenta, yup it looks kinda old and crusty, but it is working just fine for right now. And as long as my NSTs are ok and my fluid levels are good I will be able to bake this baby another 3 weeks, probably not longer but i'll take the 3 weeks. Means I won't have to deliver in Portland and he won't end up in a NICU. Even if we only get 1 week i'll be so happy.
So long story short, after a very tense drive to portland and a freaked out family, because yeah, i called them all; we are ok for the minute. We just need this placenta to hold out a little longer.
Oh and this big diabetic baby i'm supposed to be popping out is measuring at 5 lbs 2 oz right now. So if i make it to 37 weeks he is estimated to be between 6 and 7 lbs, take it for what it is worth.
And here i though my biggest problem was the fact that he is still breach and looks very at home in that position. Still, I'll happily do a c-section before an inversion. and if that c-section is 3 more weeks away i'll dance into that or.
Thanks for listening to my rant.