Daily thread 07/07 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 26 Old 07-07-2008, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter
 
~Megan~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 15,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't feel like starting a new thread for each thing I want to talk about. So how about we discuss the things we are thinking about here and if there is something really important you can make your own thread.

So today I'd like to complain about the following:

Whether I need to pee 2 drops or a pint it feels the same -urgent!

When I need to pee it seems to bring on a contraction.

My feet are feeling really tight and swollen but don't appear to be.


What's on your mind today?

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
~Megan~ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 of 26 Old 07-07-2008, 04:24 PM
 
geo_girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...names.....(see poll)

failing health of FIL......



charlene
geo_girl is offline  
#3 of 26 Old 07-07-2008, 04:26 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 1,777
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
-- My MW suggested that since my blood glucose was 135 at the 1-hr screen that I should be monitoring my glucose at home. I've been doing that and my blood sugar has been consistently good no matter what I eat (85 in the morning, 105 after breakfast and lunch, and 95 after dinner). I've only been testing for 2 days though, so I hope the trend continues.

-- Also, oreos have been the bane of my existence for a while now. We had them in the house before I went on the GD diet because they were on sale and I was going to use them as a crust for a tasty strawberry dessert. Then I went on the carb restrictive diet and these oreos have been hanging around my kitchen and I could NOT resist the urge to eat one every time I went into the kitchen.

Anyway, I ate the last oreo today and I feel liberated.

-- I'm getting really tired of the rectal pressure I feel from the baby. I feel like I need to poop all the time. Not pleasant.

-- I need to be packing but I am just very tired and don't feel like doing it.

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
holothuroidea is offline  
#4 of 26 Old 07-07-2008, 04:28 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 1,777
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ALSO- very embarrassing...

Yesterday DH and I were sitting on the couch eating breakfast and I was in my PJ's (no underpants). When I got up there was a wet spot on the couch, I didn't even notice I had "leaked." Now I don't sit on anything unless I have underpants.

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
holothuroidea is offline  
#5 of 26 Old 07-07-2008, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter
 
~Megan~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 15,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geo_girl View Post
...names.....(see poll)

failing health of FIL......

charlene
I voted for Owen but I also like Ian if its pronounced I-ann

Quote:
Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post
-- My MW suggested that since my blood glucose was 135 at the 1-hr screen that I should be monitoring my glucose at home. I've been doing that and my blood sugar has been consistently good no matter what I eat (85 in the morning, 105 after breakfast and lunch, and 95 after dinner). I've only been testing for 2 days though, so I hope the trend continues.

-- Also, oreos have been the bane of my existence for a while now. We had them in the house before I went on the GD diet because they were on sale and I was going to use them as a crust for a tasty strawberry dessert. Then I went on the carb restrictive diet and these oreos have been hanging around my kitchen and I could NOT resist the urge to eat one every time I went into the kitchen.

Anyway, I ate the last oreo today and I feel liberated.

-- I'm getting really tired of the rectal pressure I feel from the baby. I feel like I need to poop all the time. Not pleasant.

-- I need to be packing but I am just very tired and don't feel like doing it.
The glucose sounds great. See how inaccurate those tests are! I borrowed a monitor from my MW because I've been sugar addicted this pregnancy. I tested after having lunch including a soda and it was still great. I guess I can handle my sugar (just not my alcohol!).

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
~Megan~ is offline  
#6 of 26 Old 07-07-2008, 04:49 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 1,777
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Megan~ View Post
The glucose sounds great. See how inaccurate those tests are! I borrowed a monitor from my MW because I've been sugar addicted this pregnancy. I tested after having lunch including a soda and it was still great. I guess I can handle my sugar (just not my alcohol!).
Yesterday I went to McDonald's for lunch and had: Chicken nuggets, fries, soda and an ice cream cone. I did this to see if my blood sugar would spike (also because I realllyyyy wanted junk food). It was 109. Some spike!!

That screening test is so stupid. Next pregnancy I'm just going to monitor my blood sugar for a few weeks at 28w. Everyone should do this instead of the screening. I actually enjoy testing my glucose. I like the instant results, and the lancet device is really cool.

DH asked me if it was painful, I said walking to get the monitor is more painful than the test itself.

Walking hurts now, BTW. I hate that walking hurts. I always have butt cramps or leg cramps or my back hurts and my feet are swollen and it's like walking on water balloons.

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
holothuroidea is offline  
#7 of 26 Old 07-07-2008, 05:21 PM
 
bettie cracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 724
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Megan~ View Post
I don't feel like starting a new thread for each thing I want to talk about. So how about we discuss the things we are thinking about here and if there is something really important you can make your own thread.

So today I'd like to complain about the following:

Whether I need to pee 2 drops or a pint it feels the same -urgent!

When I need to pee it seems to bring on a contraction.

My feet are feeling really tight and swollen but don't appear to be.


What's on your mind today?
Wow! Exactly what you said! It feels like a contraction, but I am not really considering it one since the feeling goes away as soon as I pee. Oh, and sometimes no pee at all comes out and that is the worst!!

My feet were so swollen last night that I actually felt my left one jiggle as I walked!!!
bettie cracker is offline  
#8 of 26 Old 07-07-2008, 05:29 PM
 
Shiloh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: listening to kriping churckets
Posts: 6,680
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my midwife did and internal today to check position we went from breech to compound oblique...closer I guess but still not prefect..

I AM CRAMPING.

She said my cervix was closed but she kept trying to get a finger in there (WHY?) over and over....sigh....

8 might be enough
Shiloh is offline  
#9 of 26 Old 07-07-2008, 06:01 PM
 
mama parrot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Last night, baby was moving so much that it looked like my stomach was boiling!
It was actually a little uncomfortable.

My almost-2-year-old was born at 33 weeks and I am currently 35 weeks with this pregnancy. That is so exciting to me! If this kid hangs in there for 2 more weeks, he'll be considered full term and I can deliver at the birthing center instead of the hospital. I've been hoping and hoping for full term, and it's almost a reality!! YAY!!
mama parrot is offline  
#10 of 26 Old 07-07-2008, 06:02 PM
 
MsMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am on the GD diet, and am also insulin dependent (sigh)...it's hard to deal with cravings while watching carbs. Although, I figure, I'm about 8 months pregnant, my levels have been ok, I deserve to cheat once in a while

I'm also stressing slightly over getting the nursery ready. I know it will get done, but you can't help but feel the pressure!

Other than that, I actually feel pretty good! DS has been getting lots of mommy time before baby comes!
MsMom is offline  
#11 of 26 Old 07-07-2008, 06:25 PM
 
jennykilbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geo_girl View Post

failing health of FIL......
charlene! how is your dh holding up?


Megan, good idea to start this now...


Today: went to family practice doctor for required checkup before delivering at the birth center. I'll also be taking Allison there after she's born so it was good to have a meet-and-greet. A huge : for the fact that my insurance ACTUALLY COVERED the visit, simply amazing to me because we are paying out of pocket for everything related to this pregnancy. The whole thing went really well, he is very down with all the natural AP stuff so I couldn't be happier about that... he said he was okay with letting me make the decisions and did not have preferences as to which direction I would want to take with her. He was even interested in what had led me down the natural birth path - pretty cool.

Ok, one thing though: on my paperwork I was honest about my alcohol intake and said I had one glass of wine a week in the 2nd half of my pregnancy. He read that and said, well, not every week right?? and I got all nervous and lied, oh no not really every week, and then he made a note there to change what I had written. He didn't elaborate, so ummmm? Am I in trouble? Did he maybe do that because the point of me being there was to get the all-clear for being a low-risk pregnancy? Has anyone else been warned about their very moderate alcohol intake? (Yes I know "no amount has been proven safe" but my midwife never said a word when I gave her the same info...)

mama to Allison 8-18-08 and Ethan 1-24-11  heartbeat.gif

jennykilbo is offline  
#12 of 26 Old 07-07-2008, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter
 
~Megan~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 15,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jenny, I think a bit of wine is fine. In Europe women drink wine their entire pregnancy and its considered quite normal.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
~Megan~ is offline  
#13 of 26 Old 07-07-2008, 06:30 PM
 
NormaJean13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA - SLoMO
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettie cracker View Post
Wow! Exactly what you said! It feels like a contraction, but I am not really considering it one since the feeling goes away as soon as I pee. Oh, and sometimes no pee at all comes out and that is the worst!!

My feet were so swollen last night that I actually felt my left one jiggle as I walked!!!
Me too with the contractions with a full bladder. We went to a shower yesterday and it was an hour away, and I had to pee, so I was having all sorts of contractions in the car until we were able to stop. And the babe was in my ribs, making contractions that much worse. Bleh!

Mama to BeaMax, born 8-3-08 :
: : : : :
NormaJean13 is offline  
#14 of 26 Old 07-07-2008, 06:47 PM
 
JennP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Iowa
Posts: 595
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The swollen feet are painful, yet don't look swollen. I am so tired today that I have fallen asleep twice. I can't even seem to get up to do anything. I am just that tired...supper is fend for yourself, leftovers.
JennP is offline  
#15 of 26 Old 07-07-2008, 08:30 PM
 
sapphire_chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 27,052
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Megan~ View Post
Whether I need to pee 2 drops or a pint it feels the same -urgent!
Just assume that I've repeated this at least once an hour all day. (Sorry for spamming the thread with a dozen complaints!)
sapphire_chan is offline  
#16 of 26 Old 07-07-2008, 08:32 PM
 
sapphire_chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 27,052
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm hungry and nothing in the house looks good enough to be worth preparing. Yesterday I ate like 2 things. Lunch today was applesauce and oyster crackers (named for their shape not their ingredients).

Ugh......
sapphire_chan is offline  
#17 of 26 Old 07-07-2008, 09:12 PM
 
robertandenith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,980
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
feeling every single bone of my baby when I sleep AND I am death hungry in the middle of the night, although I REFUSE to eat so I just get up and drink water

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
robertandenith is offline  
#18 of 26 Old 07-07-2008, 11:15 PM
 
AKA_PI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 2,008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
--So my mom asks DP what the baby's middle is going to be. He responds that he really likes the name Owen. Kendall Owen. It's ok but I was really hoping he would go with his middle name (Bernard). I'm trying not to bring it up since i told him he could have the middle name.

--my feet and ankles are terribly swollen and sore.

--I'm horny as all get out but DP is at his place until Friday night.

--I'm craving something really sweet but refuse to go out.

--my parents came by my apartment tonight and hung out for a few hours. They very rarely do this but we had such a good time. I need to invite them over more.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

AKA_PI is offline  
#19 of 26 Old 07-07-2008, 11:58 PM
 
mlec's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else in supreme nesting mode? I really tore it up today...can't believe how much I got done/how much energy I had compared to how I usually feel (like a slug). Maybe all the pg tea and supplements are paying off....

Also incredibly horny. Dh said, "I thought nesting was 1st trimester and sex drive was second, but you're both in the 3rd instead."

My recipe for cramps (get bad leg and foot ones) is potassium, calcium, magnesium, and l-o-t-s of water.
mlec is offline  
#20 of 26 Old 07-08-2008, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter
 
~Megan~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 15,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_PI View Post
--So my mom asks DP what the baby's middle is going to be. He responds that he really likes the name Owen. Kendall Owen. It's ok but I was really hoping he would go with his middle name (Bernard). I'm trying not to bring it up since i told him he could have the middle name.

--my feet and ankles are terribly swollen and sore.

--I'm horny as all get out but DP is at his place until Friday night.

--I'm craving something really sweet but refuse to go out.

--my parents came by my apartment tonight and hung out for a few hours. They very rarely do this but we had such a good time. I need to invite them over more.
I think Pizza Hut has those dessert pizzas, maybe you could get delivery!

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
~Megan~ is offline  
#21 of 26 Old 07-08-2008, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter
 
~Megan~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 15,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlec View Post
Anyone else in supreme nesting mode?
I have so many things I want to do but don't have the energy. If I get really active I get a bunch of BH too

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
~Megan~ is offline  
#22 of 26 Old 07-08-2008, 10:40 AM
 
MySunflowerBoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm just plain tired! I can't sleep at night. I'm crazy hot and sweaty and no one else seems to feel it so it's just me. My labia feels like it's been kicked with a steel toe boot. I don't want to wear underwear or pants because it bothers my puffy va jay jay. I have to wear underwear because if I don't DH thinks it's a come on and DS2 likes to pull my pubs while saying "ow!"

Yeah, that's it.

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
MySunflowerBoys is offline  
#23 of 26 Old 07-08-2008, 11:14 AM
 
meredyth0315's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sunny Florida
Posts: 1,973
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
GD diet here, too with good numbers... but yes I cheat a little

Still in the clear for my HBA2C :

Elias turned transverse, worried about him not flipping... making acupuncture & chiro appts for next week.... Any other suggestions for flipping a babe???

Bladder won't hold more than a thimble worth, but it feels like the Hoover dam will burst if I don't pee

Nesting, ugh can't stop re-doing rooms... the boys (again) is next this weekend...

Good thread Megan

Meredyth partners.gif Travis, Mama to my boys J, L, E & my girl B
Bella Rose is here 07/29/10!
Always missing my angel1.gif
meredyth0315 is offline  
#24 of 26 Old 07-08-2008, 11:57 AM
 
homebirthing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Neither of my babies are head down.

Well, they are head down, side by side...but I wish one would get in tunnel!!

I am absolutely miserable otherwise. All I do is complain.

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

homebirthing is offline  
#25 of 26 Old 07-08-2008, 12:04 PM
 
bettie cracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 724
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaSarah View Post
Neither of my babies are head down.

Well, they are head down, side by side...but I wish one would get in tunnel!!

I am absolutely miserable otherwise. All I do is complain.
I can't even imagine how you must feel, Sarah!!! Not that this would make you feel any better, but I just wanted to share. My bil's cousin is pregnant with quads - and there was NO fertility treatment! Holy cow!
bettie cracker is offline  
#26 of 26 Old 07-08-2008, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter
 
~Megan~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 15,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meredyth0315 View Post

Elias turned transverse, worried about him not flipping... making acupuncture & chiro appts for next week.... Any other suggestions for flipping a babe???
http://www.spinningbabies.com

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
~Megan~ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off