Daily thread 07/08 Tuesday - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 07-08-2008, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If someone else wants to get this started tomorrow that would be great. I'm on Pacific time and will sleep in as late as ds will allow!

So my topic today is that last night after sex I had some real low contractions. They kept waking me up. I was torn between tiredness and thoughts of labor getting started.

I'm probably due in August but I've never been completely convinced this pregnancy. Before I had an ultrasound I thought I was due in July. My uterus was measuring larger, I felt movement really early, etc So I'm not completely convinced of any due date. I just keep telling myself that I've got 6 more weeks so that if I go earlier then I'll just be happy and not so impatient.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#2 of 19 Old 07-08-2008, 01:05 PM

Had cramping, possible mini contractions about 10 min apart for a few hours last night. And so it begins...

I was also up FIVE TIMES to go to the bathroom last night. SO not okay with me. So I'm exhausted today and severely lacking in motivation.

Calgon, take me away...

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

#3 of 19 Old 07-08-2008, 01:11 PM

I've been getting very mild crampin on and off for a couple weeks. Last week I felt a lot closer to labor than I do this week. I'm due at the end of July so really things so could at any minute...but this week I feel like my body can hold out for a while. I'm so darned uncomfortable though. I don't remember there being this much pressure the first time around. Sometimes it feels unbearable like my insides are being ground up. The baby's movements have also changed a lot over the last week. Not as many big kicks and longer periods of time without movement. I guess he's putting on all that weight right now. I'm feeling really excited and nervous. Who's in there?!
#4 of 19 Old 07-08-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpincholla View Post
I'm feeling really excited and nervous. Who's in there?!
Same here!! I get the sense that she is really ready to stretch those arms and legs out - I always have some body part sticking out of my belly. Also my husband is talking differently to her now - I made fun of him for months because the only thing he could think to say was "Whatcha doin in there??" ...Now he tells her about us and what it's going to be like on the outside and how we can't wait to hold her and show her everything. I like to think that she can sense how excited he is! It is definitely a challenge trying to stay patient.

mama to Allison 8-18-08 and Ethan 1-24-11  heartbeat.gif

#5 of 19 Old 07-08-2008, 01:54 PM

Five times? I'm literally, seriously up every hour to go to the bathroom. I pee at 11, 12, 1, 2, 3, etc... all night. The problem is I have night sweats now. I guess maybe that's hormonally triggered? And so when I wake to pee, I'm desperately thirsty. And even though I know it will make me pee again, I drink water or milk. And then get up the next hour and pee and drink, etc... all night long.

I don't even care as long as I can fall back asleep. But I have restless leg syndrome (pregnancy induced) and so often my legs start having tremors and I can't sleep for an hour or two until they settle down.

I am so exhausted there aren't words for it.

I've been resorting to a unisom (low dose, 25 mg of benadryl) a few times a week. I read that this is safe, I"m told that this is safe, I really hope it is.

On another drug related note, how many tums can I eat! I crave them cause they settle my stomach right away and they are good for me (calcium deficiency can be a trigger for restless leg) but I don't know. I know there's other stuff in there. It doesn't list aluminum on the package, but lots of people say there's aluminum in there.

Otherwise, cranky, anti-social, impatient with my gorgeous wonderful boys. Uggg. Can not wait to have this baby in arms!
#6 of 19 Old 07-08-2008, 04:04 PM

I felt some ctrx as I was climbing the stairs and walking to my car. It felt weird, like a stronger tightening. Then last night I had a couple of crampy ones.

My friend's water broke last night at 3:30 (she thought she peed on herself so she went back to bed. LOL). They've admitted her to the hospital yet she's 6 weeks early. All of the fluid isn't gone but they may end up inducing her before the day is over.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#7 of 19 Old 07-08-2008, 04:35 PM

I met with my midwife and everything was cool. She said that the baby feels slightly engaged because when she tries to wiggle the head around it feels like it's fixed in position and low. She asked me if I had noticed a difference and I said, "No, but I think I was carrying very low anyway." Anyway, things are apparently happening just the way that they should!

We're still in the middle of a move and it sucks.

I measured a week ahead but that doesn't really mean anything. Maybe I was just bloated. LOL

I can only wear my wedding ring now, my engagement ring did not go back on after I took it off.

Moving sucks.

I think I felt the baby drop more when I was sitting at my desk. I felt a lot of wiggling and rolling around in my pelvis and then all of a sudden I really needed to go to the bathroom and there was a lot of rectal pressure. All the movement triggered a contraction that pushed the baby down even further. It let up after a little while. I think maybe the baby is practicing.

Oh yeah, and moving sucks.

I just want to stay in bed all day!! There are pieces of food (because I drop EVERYTHING, nothing stays in my hands for very long) on the kitchen floor that need to be vacuumed up before they become centipede food, but I just don't have the energy or motivation to do it. I also need to pack up the kitchen and bedroom. But... *whine* I don't wannnaaaaaa!!!

Speaking of dropping things, a few days ago I dropped a full 2L soda bottle on my foot. So what DH heard was a big thud and a pretty muted "Ow..." from me and he came running into the kitchen so fast!!! It was too cute how fast he ran. Anyway, he saw me standing there and he grabbed me and said "OH NO!!! I thought you fell!! I was so worried!!! OH I'm so glad you didn't fall!!" Then he offered to cook dinner.

Anyway, props to DH for being way too sweet for words.

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
#8 of 19 Old 07-08-2008, 04:35 PM

It's like 88 degrees outside and the air conditioning is broken in my office at work. Nobody else seems to notice that it's getting worse and worse in here. I can barely focus on anything and feel soooo sluggish.
#9 of 19 Old 07-08-2008, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

My measurements have been about 4cm "ahead" the whole time too. But it could be water weight or something. I don't put a lot of stock into that. Its nice to think I could go into labor early but then I remember how much easier it is while they are still inside.

The A/C thing sucks. We don't have A/C at home at all. Luckily this hasn't been like the summer my ds was born in which it was in the hundreds for weeks at a time and 90s most of the other days. The summer has been mostly mild with a few 2-3 day stretches in the upper 90s and low 100s. Its horrible but much more tolerable.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#10 of 19 Old 07-08-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_PI View Post
I felt some ctrx as I was climbing the stairs and walking to my car. It felt weird, like a stronger tightening. Then last night I had a couple of crampy ones.

My friend's water broke last night at 3:30 (she thought she peed on herself so she went back to bed. LOL). They've admitted her to the hospital yet she's 6 weeks early. All of the fluid isn't gone but they may end up inducing her before the day is over.

oh wow, that's pretty cool to have a friend due so close to your due date. I have a good friend due exactly one month before me. And our 4 yr olds are only two days apart. Totally not planned that way.
#11 of 19 Old 07-08-2008, 05:29 PM

Went to my mw yesterday, head is engaged (I think it's been that way for a couple weeks, I have had strong (sometimes hurt) tightening sensations down the insides of my thighs, just like with dd) and everything looks great

I, to, am otherwise, cranky and impatient with dd just glad dh has more time off from working so he can interact with her.

I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

#12 of 19 Old 07-08-2008, 05:41 PM

I had an OB appt today and felt like it was a waste of time. I had nothing to ask about and she had nothing new to tell me. I watched the computer slide show on GBS and was told she'd test for that at my next appt (she's going out of town so I won't see her again until the 25th.) I see the Peri tomorrow after another BPP. I will find out then if I have to keep coming in for BPPs.

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
#13 of 19 Old 07-08-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySunflowerBoys View Post
I had an OB appt today and felt like it was a waste of time. I had nothing to ask about and she had nothing new to tell me. I watched the computer slide show on GBS and was told she'd test for that at my next appt (she's going out of town so I won't see her again until the 25th.) I see the Peri tomorrow after another BPP. I will find out then if I have to keep coming in for BPPs.
I had the GBS test last week. My MW gave me the sterile q-tip-in-a-tube and let me go to the bathroom and do it myself, which was very nice. Maybe you can ask your OB if you can do it that way so you don't have to strip down to nakedness and walk around in a giant paper towel.

#14 of 19 Old 07-08-2008, 05:57 PM

So we were in the store last night looking for salt and pepper shakers.

It occurred to me that I do not have a censor button anymore because when I was looking at one of them I said, very loudly... "Hey, this one looks like a penis!"

I did not realize what I said until after I said it. DH nearly died of simultaneous embarrassment and laughter.

#15 of 19 Old 07-08-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post
So we were in the store last night looking for salt and pepper shakers.

It occurred to me that I do not have a censor button anymore because when I was looking at one of them I said, very loudly... "Hey, this one looks like a penis!"

I did not realize what I said until after I said it. DH nearly died of simultaneous embarrassment and laughter.
I've given up completely being couth. I putter around in the yard/garden in big old sweat shorts and a tank top with no bra, and I just don't care. I think I've thoroughly scared our ex-nun neighbor.

Today I've had lots of BH, more than normal, and am feeling very crampy. I don't know what this means since every few weeks or so I have a day with lots of BHs. Today they feel stronger and more uncomfortable, though. Not painful necessarily. I've given up freaking out about BHs - my water will have to break or bloody show or something like that to get me to the hospital.

I don't have a doc appt until next week on Thursday, I'll be 37 weeks, but am very curious to find out baby's position, size, etc.

Mama to BeaMax, born 8-3-08 :
: : : : :
#16 of 19 Old 07-08-2008, 10:53 PM

I found myself nodding along yesterday as i read the daily thread, feeling very similarly to everyone! Looks like we're in the home stretch...

I'm zonked. I totally forgot how exhausting the last month or so is, and is even more so this time around with an almost three year old to chase around! Thank goodness she's going through some sort of growth spurt, and is napping 2-3 hours in the afternoons. I've been napping/reading while she does, and resisting the urge to nest

I've been having tons of BH, and the stabbing sensations in my cervix area are, I think, my cervix dilating. Like a lot of you, I feel ready!

I visited with two good friends who just had babies, so I spent the day with a 3 week old, a 3 month old, and an almost 3 year old. It was pretty cool to see the development. I decided I was ready for a three month old, but not quite a three week old-so fragile! so tiny! so totally irresistable to my almost 3 year old! It was a serious love in. She's soooo excited for a baby. I am a little worried about boundaries!

I'm going to try and go to sleep earlier tonight, as I am still waking up at 5 am-ish, and it takes ages for me to fall asleep again, and by the time I do, E is awake for the day.

I have my GBS test next week, and am hoping that all the garlic and probiotics I've been guzzling have done the trick. I'm also going for an alignment this week with a prenatal/pediatric chiro-I'm stoked! I found her when I was looking for someone to do the Webster technique-she sounds awesome.

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
#17 of 19 Old 07-08-2008, 11:49 PM

While at the hospital visiting my friend tonight, I texted DP and told him that I'm not ready to have this baby and that I'm scared. Surprisingly, he said he was scared too. I felt a little relieved that he's actually admitting that he feels the same way considering how sure he's been of everything my entire pregnancy.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#18 of 19 Old 07-09-2008, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridgeart View Post
I decided I was ready for a three month old, but not quite a three week old-so fragile! so tiny! so totally irresistable to my almost 3 year old! It was a serious love in. She's soooo excited for a baby. I am a little worried about boundaries!
This worries me with my 4 yr old as well. She is so sweet and nurturing, I am afraid of her trying to be *too*helpful. Last week at a bday party, I turned around to see her carrying an 8 month old across the room!! Eeeep! i calmly took the baby from her and reminded her that if she wants to hold a baby, she has to first ask, and be sitting down.
#19 of 19 Old 07-09-2008, 01:16 AM

I am so thankful for this DDC, this is the only place where I feel like I can relate to almost everything that everyone else says!!

I wake up 4 or 5 times a night to pee and it's so so so hard to pee even when I really need to. It's really painful! I had a Dr's appointment yesterday and my nurse said that my cervix isn't doing anything yet which is okay with me because we're totally NOT moved in at all and we have no place for our baby to sleep.

I'm having some mild contractions though, just today and yesterday. The baby is really low- it's a bit hard to walk normally now!!

I'm really really tired and totally afraid of being totally unprepared for actually having a baby in the house.

DP is being absolutely wonderful though, thank god! He rubs my swollen, sore feet at least once a day!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page