Daily Thread 7/9, Wednesday (yoink) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Apologies, Megan, if I have stolen your idea and run with it, but this was way too dumb for its own thread and way too good not to share.

In the early hours this morning, I dreamt that my baby appeared to me as a three year old and told me that she wanted to be named Titania. I asked her with an amused smile if she was the Queen of Summer. "Yes, I am," she says and transforms into a tall, gorgeous woman in a dress of growing greenery and blooming flowers. "And I command you to bring me eggs!" she says in a petulant 3-yr old voice. The dream ends abruptly and I feel the baby kicking me over and over and over as hard as possible. This goes on for like ten minutes while I try every sleeping position I can think of. Finally, I surrender and get up. While in the bathroom I realize I am starving and will not be able to get back to sleep.

Dear Baby,
I'm eating the eggs, but I am not naming you Titania...

Yeah, it's gonna be a weird day.
#2 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 09:03 AM

Not in your DDC but : that is just too funny!

Mom to DD#1 8/04, nursed 43 months, DD#2 8/06, nursed 21 months and DD#3 9/08, still nursing strong
#3 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 10:04 AM

Titania...typical 3 yr old name, playing princesses.

Thank goodness it is Wednesday, I know it doesn't have the same ring as Friday but you have to work with what you have. I have so much to do today but the weekend is nearing, and that is the goal this week. Make it to the weekend.

Hope everyone else is having a great day too.

Jenn

PS. No babies yet?
#4 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 11:08 AM

I know someone who was named "Anastasia" after her father had a similar dream...

I wish my baby would appear to *me* in a dream and give me some name suggestions!

What a funny night.

Decluttering SAHM of three. Going for 2011 items in 2011.
#5 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 11:34 AM

hahaha. that's awesome!

Maybe Titania could be her nickname?
#6 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 12:03 PM

I had a dream last night my dad and me and my kids were camping....I thought i saw a big lizard..but no it was an alligator so he tried to kill the alligator with a hammer but couldn't do it so someone else had to grab a shotgun...

Except my youngest child was not a boy but a little girl...

maybe I won't get my tubes tied....

8 might be enough
#7 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 12:42 PM

That's funny!

Yesterday I was sitting on the couch and just got the kids settled in for a movie so I could do a half sleep on the couch. I started to notice my heart was beating really hard! I took my pulse and monitored it about half an hour. It hovered around 120 despite my best efforts to lower it (deep breathing, relaxation techniques, laying on my left side). After a while the hardness of the beat calmed down but the pulse has stayed around 110.

Has this happened to anyone else? I txted my midwife but she didn't seem all that concerned.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#8 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Megan~ View Post
That's funny!

Yesterday I was sitting on the couch and just got the kids settled in for a movie so I could do a half sleep on the couch. I started to notice my heart was beating really hard! I took my pulse and monitored it about half an hour. It hovered around 120 despite my best efforts to lower it (deep breathing, relaxation techniques, laying on my left side). After a while the hardness of the beat calmed down but the pulse has stayed around 110.

Has this happened to anyone else? I txted my midwife but she didn't seem all that concerned.
I have noticed the increased heart rate when I'm not doing anything but sitting...it's happened a couple times and no amt of deep breathing helped immediately. I didn't think too much of it...hth. Mary

Mary, Mama to 3 boys! 9/05 & 8/08 & 7/12
#9 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 12:53 PM

The rapid heart beat happens to me in the mornings sometimes. Usually its after a cup of coffee, but not always. I just sit and drink a big glass of water and relax and that settles it down.
#10 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 12:54 PM

I was having heavy girl dreams last night too. (and I don't know the sex yet). I dreamt the birth went quickly and I was sleeping and woke up looking for the baby. I found her sound asleep with daddy in the crib. We don't even have a crib and there is NOOO way my dh would be able to fit in one! Then I realized at my next mw appt. that we didn't even tell her we had the baby and just showed up with her (already crawling at 1 week) at the next appt. Then my dh started calling her a completely different name that I HATE! O.K. maybe hate is a strong word, but I would never name my daughter that name and we had a big argument about what we were going to name her. I also remember that she came "early" and I called my mom to tell her she had a granddaughter. She has 6 grandsons as of now.

It was a wacky night for dreams... Dream fairy must have been busy last night.

Off topic...we have been building a house and I SOOOOO wanted it to be done to birth in but I have come to a decision this morning that if it isn't done as complete as I would like before baby I really want to have the baby in my current home. I just don't think doing finish house work with a newborn can be good for their little bodies. Plus it will be nice to move in when it is completed more and be able to just relax in it and not tiptoe around floors being finished still. This is a big step for me because I was in denial that I wouldn't get in and now that I have accepted it everything feels calm again. :

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#11 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 12:56 PM

Dh had the name Elias come to him in a dream about our next baby and that was that

I had a dream the other night that the baby was born a girl and I was in a panic about not having anything pink - which is so not me at all

Megan - My heart feels like it's going to thump right out of my chest some days. I usually check my BP, watch my pulse & check my sugar to see what all's what. Hope it alleviates for you, it's a freaky feeling

Totally OT, but does anyone's kids reach a point or age where it seems like they just go completely buck wild??!! Our oldest will be 6 in October and during the day he's just as sweet & laid back as can be, but usually right after supper he morphs into this wild child. Just a phase?? I hope.... and I also hope our almost 4YO doesn't pick it up, too - yikes

Meredyth partners.gif Travis, Mama to my boys J, L, E & my girl B
Bella Rose is here 07/29/10!
Always missing my angel1.gif
#12 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 01:00 PM

I was up for an hour last night having mostly painless contrations that lasted one minute and were 5-7 minutes apart. I sat and timed them on www.contractionmaster.com (check it out, its very helpful) and drank 3-4 big glasses of water.
After about 45 minutes of this, they were shortening and coming farther apart, so I layed back down and fell asleep to the bumps and kicks of the baby. I'm 36 weeks on friday, so I kept telling the baby over and over, just one more week.... hang in there buddy....
Nothing ever came of it, so I guess I was dehydrated?....?...
#13 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Yay for crazy pregnancy dreams!

I do get really weird and irregular heartbeat patterns throughout my pregnancy and racing heart is very common towards the end. Every HCP I've talked to says that's pretty normal.

On an entirely different note, everything is making me really pissy today and I don't know why. I feel like I'm gonna bite somebody's head off. My sewing machine is acting up and my browser logs me out of MDC everytime I try to post, and I'm running out of alternative swear words to use around my ds.
#14 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 01:31 PM

I've only had a few dreams about the baby. Once he was crawling around the house shortly after birth and I kept forgetting to watch him less he fall down the stairs.

In another dream all he did was sleep and I would breastfeed only a few times a day.

My current issues are that (1) I want to stop working in 3.5 weeks, but I feel like I have barely begun to train my replacement and (2) I have a house full of guests over the next week.

Baby Boy 9/08 & Baby Girl 3/11

#15 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 02:00 PM

Megan- Ya its happens to me at night. Its kinda creepy. I also just started getting BH's! Cool. My kids are on something today. I think i'm gonna drop them at the zoo. help!

xoxoxox

#16 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 02:10 PM

Happy realization for the day: The end of maternity-only clothing is in sight! I'm on the lookout for something fun/comfortable to wear around the house during babymooning - it feels like such a treat to check out my favorite stores again (albeit in bigger sizes, but whatever!)

mama to Allison 8-18-08 and Ethan 1-24-11  heartbeat.gif

#17 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 03:00 PM

I finally realized last night that I am terrified. DP admitted to me that he is too. I guess reality has really hit home for us. After visiting my friend in the hospital last night, things got real. I'm not only scared but feeling a little depressed these days.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#18 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzylou View Post
I have a house full of guests over the next week.
OH, I'm sorry you are in this boat too. I spent the morning crying to dh because my hip hurts, there are 5 people in my living room, he has to work all day, they're his family, I don't want to cook, clean, entertain and I don't want this to be the situation I'm in. I'm almost wishing the babe would be born tomorrow (the earliest my midwife can do a home birth) so that my guests would HAVE to leave.

DREAMS: Last night I had a dream that I birthed a... Kitten!!
We visited the grocery store yesterday and a family was giving away these adorable kittens outside. And...I'm a sucker for kittens, but I didn't get one, because we have 5 million fish, 2 dogs, a cat, and 2 rats...and a baby on the way. In the dream I birthed the kitten, but I was still pregnant with the babe and he was coming soon after the kitten! Very strange dream, I even woke up from it right after the kittens birth.
Amazing that so many of us had baby dreams last night! Veeerrry Interesting!

Wife to James mom to dd(1999) ds1(2001)and ds2(7/08)
: * : * * : * * :
#19 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 03:16 PM

A couple of days in the past week I have been feeling really odd- like I was going to faint and just strange. I wonder if I am not eating frequently enough. It isn't every day, but just a couple of times. I see my midwife on Friday and will mention it to her.
I too have been experiencing the heart racing thing.
Bending over is also a huge issue and I am not getting the house clean like I want to. A 3.5 yo & 1.5yo aren't good at helping in that way either. Sigh!
#20 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykilbo View Post
Happy realization for the day: The end of maternity-only clothing is in sight! I'm on the lookout for something fun/comfortable to wear around the house during babymooning - it feels like such a treat to check out my favorite stores again (albeit in bigger sizes, but whatever!)
I just went out to JCPenney's this AM and bought some big old baggy shorts to get me through the next month or so.....

I grew out of my maternity clothes again!
#21 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 03:36 PM

I had a dream like that before I was even pregnant with DD... and when we finally had her, we named her for that dream. She is starting to look just like the little one in my dream... crazy! I have been hoping for another dream this time, but no such luck... and still no name. I guess there is still time!

I had houseguests last week and I managed to hold it together (and they were actually very sensitive to the situation), but it sucked. It was the opposite of what I wanted/needed at 35 weeks. Good luck!!
#22 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 03:36 PM

Just got back from a Dr's apt. and they did the GBS test on me today. That was pleasant.
Other new, it is just hot and sticky and sticky and hot.
I'm trying to get ready for a garage sale this weekend. Cleaning out my house.
The baby's room is painted and most of the big stuff is moved in there. Now we just need to get everything arranged and stuff.
Shawna
#23 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 03:43 PM

Guests all week? I hope they are Merry Maids and a masseuse. Those are the only people I'd let come visit me for a week right now.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#24 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 04:12 PM

I'm so tired today. I dont know what's up with me (oh way pregnant!). My DS has been very fussy the past two days -turning two or two year molars? Still get random contractions. Other than tired, still feeling great.

Last night DS and I were laying in bed talking to his Nana (he'll bring the phone and say "Call Nana" because he likes to talk to her). We were mentioning names for the baby. We have a girl's and boy's name picked out and DS repeated both. I asked him what he thought the baby was and he said the girl's name over and over and over. Coincidence? We'll find out soon

I'm getting so excited!!! :
#25 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 04:21 PM

My friend whose water broke yesterday finally delivered today 2:21 pm after 20 minutes of pushing. The baby weighed 5lb, 5oz and was 18 inches. Both mother and baby girl are doing fine. The baby's lungs were great (she was screaming crying in the background) which they were concerned about.

My friend kept saying, "This is so backwards! you were supposed to have your baby first and tell me all about it. LOL" She was due 3 weeks after me. LOL I guess my babe said he's not coming out at all because at this point I don't even feel like he'll be here in July anymore.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#26 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama parrot View Post
I was up for an hour last night having mostly painless contrations that lasted one minute and were 5-7 minutes apart. I sat and timed them on www.contractionmaster.com (check it out, its very helpful) and drank 3-4 big glasses of water.
After about 45 minutes of this, they were shortening and coming farther apart, so I layed back down and fell asleep to the bumps and kicks of the baby. I'm 36 weeks on friday, so I kept telling the baby over and over, just one more week.... hang in there buddy....
Nothing ever came of it, so I guess I was dehydrated?....?...
I had the same thing happening all afternoon, evening, and into the night. And I know I wasn't dehydrated, I drink a ridiculous amount of water. I'm still having them today, though less frequently. I'll be curious to see what comes of it, probably nothing. I'm no stranger to BH, that's for sure.

Now, if only I could sit for a while without my ribs going numb...that is the weirdest feeling ever.

Mama to BeaMax, born 8-3-08 :
: : : : :
#27 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetney View Post
I had houseguests last week and I managed to hold it together (and they were actually very sensitive to the situation), but it sucked. It was the opposite of what I wanted/needed at 35 weeks. Good luck!!
I'm 33 weeks now, and at 35 weeks our 8 year old niece is coming to visit while my husband is away at a conference! Yikes! I feel the same way as you. I love her, but it's the opposite of what I need.
#28 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 05:24 PM

I feel like I was roped into letting people stay at my house. It's my immediate family and they are a little nomadic. I was ok with my parents visiting... but then I found out that my sister had also made plans to visit without informing me. I should have addressed it when I found out about it months ago, but I didn't. Instead I didn't say anything and I've become progressively more upset about it. The next week is going to suck, I don't like having guests under the best of cicrcumstances.

Baby Boy 9/08 & Baby Girl 3/11

#29 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 06:07 PM

What is it with people thinking it's okay to "drop in" for a long visit?
My MIL-seriously the best MIL ever-is coming for a month to help out with our DD (which we're all looking forward to-MIL lives in Trinidad on an ashram, so we don't get to see her too often. She is the complete opposite of your typical MIL-so non-intrusive, very hands off), and SIL took this as an indication to come "whenever"...so she's coming on on my due date and staying for about 10 days. She's an awesome person, but it is really the most ill-timed visit ever. I am very proprietary in the early days with baby/husband, so unless all she plans on doing is spending time with DD out of the house/cleaning the house/cooking up a storm, I am not so stoked about the whole thing.
In other news, I'm tired like a lot of you, but enjoying being off work and being at home again. We went to the park with some friends/babies, and had a blast this morning. I am alternately nesting and being so lazy it's unbelievable!
...off to check out contractionmaster.com!

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
#30 of 32 Old 07-09-2008, 06:31 PM

One good thing about not having a spare bedroom is that we get very few overnight house guests.
Of course that also means that this baby has to share a room with my 9 year old stepdaughter or my 2 year old son, but we have a while to figure that one out.....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page