Screw This C-section Thing!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 07-16-2008, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, so I've been having the placenta problems I told everyone about. And fynn is still breech, so the ob wants to do a c-section. He had an amnio scheduled for tomorrow and the section scheduled for monday. Fine, We need to get him out and stuff, I get that.
Well yesterday at my appointment he totally changed his mind. Mind you, we have known these dates for like 2 weeks now. He doesn't think Fynn's lungs will be ready tomorrow. So he doesn't want to have to send me for 2 amnios so he has change the dates of everything. The amnio will be on monday and depending on the results of that the c-section will be on thursday now. You know I understand his wanting to wait, but why is he changing his mind at the last minute?????
My husband had to get time off from work for all of this and so did other people, we had dog sitters all lined up and now we have to change that all around...Big pain in the Patootie.
Actually at this point I really hope i go into labor on my own. And then I'm going to stay home until I feel and head or a butt crowning. And then someone at that hospital is going to have to MAN-UP and catch this baby whether he is breech or not. Everything I have read says that as long as the doc keeps his hands off the baby, a breech delivery is just as safe as a regular one. And far safer then a section.
I'm really hoping the baby decides to give the medical community the finger and come this weekend. I will be 37 weeks so I won't get shipped to portland and I will wait until it is too late to section me. So there!!!!
I really don't want a c-section but everyone is telling me it is too late for the baby to turn and I don't know what else to do.
Shawna
#2 of 18 Old 07-16-2008, 04:09 PM

{{{BIG HUGS}}} It's never too late to try. Have you found an acupuncturist in your area who will teach you how to use moxa on your pinkie toe a few times a day until the baby turns or you go into labor?
#3 of 18 Old 07-16-2008, 04:11 PM

Hi,

Sorry to hear the problems you are having.......my ob and her ob associate both told me that if baby is breech (so far is head down but moving sooo much) that they can try to turn the baby from the outside using ultrasound......would that be an option for you? I do know that there are risks to the procedure though......I dont know your situation and I think some obs dont like to do it......
#4 of 18 Old 07-16-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatocraft View Post
Actually at this point I really hope i go into labor on my own. And then I'm going to stay home until I feel and head or a butt crowning. And then someone at that hospital is going to have to MAN-UP and catch this baby whether he is breech or not. Everything I have read says that as long as the doc keeps his hands off the baby, a breech delivery is just as safe as a regular one. And far safer then a section.
I'm really hoping the baby decides to give the medical community the finger and come this weekend. I will be 37 weeks so I won't get shipped to portland and I will wait until it is too late to section me. So there!!!!
You sound more powerful and sure of yourself here than ever before!! So I hope this is the birth story you are telling us Monday morning It sucks about the doc changing his mind, but everything happens for a reason.......

mama to Allison 8-18-08 and Ethan 1-24-11  heartbeat.gif

#5 of 18 Old 07-16-2008, 05:24 PM

Where do you live? My midwife in Salem does home breech and knows how to do them safely.

Her website is http://salemmidwife.com

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#6 of 18 Old 07-16-2008, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatocraft View Post
I really don't want a c-section but everyone is telling me it is too late for the baby to turn and I don't know what else to do.
Shawna
Woo hoo! You go, mama! I'm only 32 weeks, but my baby hasn't decided to turn yet and I had the vaginal breech conversation with my midwife today (though we both think it's too early to worry about it). I'm VBACing and REALLY don't want another c/s. I'm anxious to hear how it goes for you as no one in my community will catch a vaginal breech and if baby doesn't turn, I'll either end up doing what you suggested above or traveling several hours if I can find someone to support a vaginal breech birth.

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

#7 of 18 Old 07-16-2008, 05:32 PM

Good for YOU! : I know quite a few ladies who've had breech babes at home UNASSISTED (one had TWO of them, not at the same time! ), and I know someone who recently found an OB who would deliver a breech vaginally, and it worked out great! I think it's awesome

Funny thing is, now that you're more relaxed about it, your babe will probably turn on his own
#8 of 18 Old 07-16-2008, 06:27 PM

It's never too late for a baby to turn. Many babies turn while the mom labors. I've had a successful vbac and am now planning a ubac in a couple weeks! Good luck to you!
#9 of 18 Old 07-16-2008, 07:49 PM

Hoping for a quick turn head down for you!

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
#10 of 18 Old 07-16-2008, 09:16 PM

do lots of walking!!!!!! :Sending vaginal birth vibes to you...

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
#11 of 18 Old 07-16-2008, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you all so much. I am just getting so sick of people telling me that I can't have this baby vaginally if he is breech. For crying out loud. From what I read as long as the attendant keeps his hands off and i'm on my hands and knees then everything goes ok. And I know, telling a doctor to keep his hands off is like telling my dog not to run after the ball someone just threw....Not gonna work very well. But geez....

Megan, I would love to use your midwife. I really would..Do you think she will travel to Maine? hehe.
Does anyone know of anyone in Maine that will catch a breech baby?
Shawna
#12 of 18 Old 07-17-2008, 01:08 AM

oh PLEASE! check this out: http://community.parentingweekly.com....aspx#16148567

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
#13 of 18 Old 07-17-2008, 02:54 AM

oh, that Portland! I forget there is another one. Do call some midwives around there though.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#14 of 18 Old 07-17-2008, 12:22 PM

Babies can turn in labor. I am surprised (not really) that they want to do a c-section so early. You still have almost four weeks of pregnancy left. That is plently of time for a baby to turn. You have to actively be doing things to help too! Chiro, webster, moxa, accupunture....frozen peas?

Good luck!

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

#15 of 18 Old 07-17-2008, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have been seeing a chiro who does Webster and it really works. It worked after 1 treatment but she flipped back. It then worked again after #2 treatment and it seems like baby is still down.

I also know a local mw who does acupuncture for breech.

They both told me that while it gets harder to turn a baby the later you go it is NOT impossible and they both had many clients who they turned at 39 weeks or more.

They also told me to find out if the OB will do an external version - I went through the risks and the mw said in 30 yrs she had never had a client experience any of those risks.

Just wait.
#16 of 18 Old 07-17-2008, 05:46 PM

Good luck to you mama! Don't let them push you to do something your heart and head tells you is right. It is YOUR body and YOUR baby!

TF, BF, CD, HS, AP'ing Mama!

#17 of 18 Old 07-18-2008, 03:33 AM

Hey, I just wanted to tell you that I am 37 weeks and my babe JUST turned head down, so hang in there!!! It is possible!
#18 of 18 Old 07-18-2008, 03:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaSarah View Post
I am surprised (not really) that they want to do a c-section so early. You still have almost four weeks of pregnancy left.

Good luck!
The early section is because of my placenta. They are worried it is going to poop out because it is a grade 3 and has calcifications. I always thought that if that that happened I would naturally have the baby so he would be ok, but I guess that doesn't always happen.
In good news, I had an u/s today for my bpp and baby is kind of transvers with his legs hanging down so I just keep telling him he is almost there and just needs to finish flipping. I'm hoping he is going to do it.
I've been doing lots of spinning babies and stuff with him and I hope it is working.
Shawna

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page