Either I just Peed the bed.....UPDATE - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-22-2008, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Either I just peed the bed this morning or my water is leaking!!!! And it is still happening. Not in a big flood or anything. But in little trickles.
Anyone think this could be my water???? Or is it time to break out the depends and call the nursing home?
Shawna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2008, 09:47 AM

LOL! Well, before you break out the depends, is it coming out when you move, walk, change positions? No matter how you may try to "prevent" it?

If you think it is your water leaking you could have that checked, they can use some strip of paper, I think, to tell if its amniotic fluid or pee

I bet its your water though!
Old 07-22-2008, 10:02 AM

Sounds like how it was with my first. I knew I wasn't peeing myself, but the trickles kept coming. Make sure if they check you they don't insert anything as it may introduce infection. My m/w used a sterile spectulum (sp?) just to take a peak and then didn't check me again until I was in full blown labor and clearly close to having him.

Good luck!
Old 07-22-2008, 10:40 AM

Certainly sounds like your water! My MW suggested I put on a panty (hate that word) liner and then you can get a good idea of color/smell....but if it's still coming, I think it's unlikely you lost all bladder control in the middle of the night. Yeah!

Happy SAHM Mom and CBE to three jumpers.gifboys:  DS1 (11/06), DS2 (7/08), DS3 (11/10) and D?4 (12/12)!

Old 07-22-2008, 10:48 AM

Yep, I bet you've sprung a leak! The exact same thing happened to me with my first. I thought I was peeing myself and didn't get checked out for about 5 days Your midwife or OB can do a simple PH test to tell if it's fluid - and I bet it is
Old 07-22-2008, 11:12 AM

Sounds like your water, how exciting!

''''

Old 07-23-2008, 12:10 AM

Yeah! Sounds like your water!!

:vibes: come on out baby!!

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

Old 07-23-2008, 12:47 AM

Oh boy! The excitement!! :

I can't wait to hear some updates!!

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
Old 07-23-2008, 07:03 AM

Hope all is well! It surely sounds like your water and by the looks of you not responding to this thread your most likely having your babe right now?!?!::

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

Old 07-23-2008, 07:24 AM

Sounds like your water. :

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

Old 07-23-2008, 12:43 PM

I'd suggest the pad check too. You can also put in a clean, white wash cloth (as some pads have a scent). Amniotic fluid should smell sweetish and is usually clear.

Also keep in mind you can sometimes have a leak between the outer and inner layer of the amniotic sac without the whole thing opening up. It can seal itself over again.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
Old 07-23-2008, 01:34 PM

Any updates yet?

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

Old 07-23-2008, 02:58 PM

Subbing for updates. Sure sounded like water breaking to me....
Old 07-26-2008, 12:42 PM

Saw your stats post in the sticky.

Guess the water breaking was a sign!

: Congratulations!!
Old 07-27-2008, 01:32 AM - Thread Starter

IS HERE!!!!!!!
He decided to pick his own birthday!!!! My water broke on Tuesday morning as I was getting out of bed so I didn't actually know it had broke or if I had been peeing. I got up and went in to get checked, thinking even if it had broken I would be able to at least go home and get a bag or whatever. I mean there would be time, Right???
So I went into the hospital and got checked out and low and behold...The strip turned blue so amniotic fluid it was. And before I could say boo they were in there doing a last minute u/s to check if he had turned yet, nope still breech. Then in walks the nurse with iv stuff, a cath, the whole 9 yards. Guess i wasn't going to get to go home and prepare anything. So I called my Husband and told him that he was going to be a father that day and to come in from work. And he did.
And then it was hurry up and wait...Turns out they decided to schedule the surgery for 12....it was only 9:30. And because of all of the tubes I was basically tied to the bed.
So we hung out, I sent dh home to walk the dogs because I knew he wouldn't really want to for a while after the surgery. I had a few contractions while I was waiting nothing too big.
Went down for the surgery and after they bent 3 needles in my back trying to get a spinal started they decided to just put me out instead. So out I went, not happily but what can ya do.
I woke up at 2:30 and my dh was there with Finn. And He was beautiful.
I was up out of bed that night in a chair. And the next day I showered and walked up and down the halls and stuff. And after the first 12 hours I was just on some Naproxin Sodium (aleve) and off of the pca pump.
We came home yesterday. We co slept our first night together at the house. And I realized tonight as my back was a little sore that i forgot to take any aleve I was prescribed to take 3 times a day for a week since last night. oops....But i wasn't in any pain all day so I guess I'll be ok.
All in all the experience was not horrible. Not really even bad. I was sorry to not get to see the look on my dh's face when Finn was born. And an sorry not to be able to hear him cry. But I love him so much. nursing is going ok, we have had some challenges because he was so small to begin with. He lost 10% of his body weight so we have to sup with some formula until my milk fully comes in but no bottle has gone anywhere near his mouth. I have been able to syringe feed with a nipple shield so everything has been fed to him at my breast with him sucking.
My milk is starting to come in and he is taking less and less of his supplement because he is getting more milk each time.
Sorry about the book.
Thanks for reading,
Shawna
Old 07-27-2008, 01:38 AM

how cute!!!!! he was born on MY BIRTHDAY!!!!! CONGRATS!!! ::

I want to tell you that you don't need to sup with formula, many babies go down (weight wise) after they are born! You are still producing, just colostrum and that's enough for baby Go to the breastfeeding forums and ask for help if you need some. To achieve successful breastfeeding, dump the formula.

So glad to hear about your birth, Happy Birthing!!!! :

ETA:

About colostrum before milk comes in...
http://forum.baby-gaga.com/about160309.html

LLL
http://www.llli.org/NB/NBJulAug05p142.html

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
Old 07-27-2008, 11:08 AM

Yay! Congrats on your birth! Finn sounds like a little cutie!

Hope your c-sec recovery goes well and nursing continues to improve.

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:40 AM

:elcome, Finn!::
Hurrah! Huzzah!

When my twins were born they did get a little formula through a n/g tube because they were so early that they weren't sure how to suck yet and I wasn't producing anything but a few drops (which we made sure they got.) Despite all this, we went on to have a great 25-month nursing relationship, so don't panic! See about pumping; I pumped every three hours around the clock to get my supply up. I am sure there are great resources here to help you.

Congratulations!

(And, if you get a minute, you should put "Update" in the post title so everyone knows to check the thread again! )

Decluttering SAHM of three. Going for 2011 items in 2011.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:50 PM

Congratulations, Shawna!! Here's hoping you have a speedy recovery.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:10 PM

Congratulations! It sounds like everything is going well and I'm glad you're home!
Yippee!

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
Old 07-27-2008, 02:18 PM

Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy!!!
Old 07-27-2008, 02:57 PM

Congratulations! Sounds like you are all doing well! Glad to hear it
Old 07-27-2008, 05:01 PM

So happy for you! Congrats!!!
Old 07-27-2008, 06:48 PM