Mothering Forum banner

nosebleed

497 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  meredyth0315 
#1 ·
experienced my first one today. I was outside with the kids and my nose start to bleed. (FTR I wasn't picking either!)
. I have never had a nosebleed so it suprised me a bit. Yes, it's hot outside 110 degrees, but I didnt' feel overly hot. i was just sitting there chatting.

Should I be concerned?
:

See less See more
#3 ·
they are related because of the amount of blood running through your whole body. It's a concern when the blood is NOT bright red.

I had so many nosebleeds in the beginning of my pregnancy, it was horrible!!! I could be cooking in my kitchen then would feel a trickle down my nose... I don't think you should be concerned...

#4 ·
Definitely preg related. I have had this pretty frequently with both my pregnancies. And never when I'm not pg. Just recently it started up again (after having this in the winter, earlier in the pg)--not a severe nosebleed, but yup, like pp, out of nowhere suddenly it feels like my nose starts running, and blood trickling down. Lovely.

Wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure I asked my physician during my first pg, and she didn't blink an eye.

#5 ·
I think that they're pretty common as well.

This thread brought back memories of my first nosebleed ever. We've always been co-sleepers and Liam tends to be one of those all over the place sleeprs and he happened to thump me in just the right spot on the bridge of my nose and I started to feel that running sensation so I get up and go to the bathroom to check it out. I look in the mirror and sure enough blood is pouring out. I get it to slow and have to pee, so I sit on the potty and all of a sudden I felt that fading feeling so I start to call DH and the last thing I remember is saying help then darkness. I come to and DH is on the phone with 911 b/c apparently I had a seizure. Talk about a crazy night!!! I'm not proud to say my kid knocked me out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.