Daily thread - Thursday - 07/24 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 07-24-2008, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need naps too. Right now I'm cranky because I couldn't get one. I will usually take ds in my room and put a movie on mute. He almost always falls asleep.
Today I layed there for 1.5 hours and he kept poking me and talking to me, not allowing me to sleep.

Hopefully, I can get to bed at a reasonable hour. I was looking forward to watching a movie with dh though.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#32 of 40 Old 07-24-2008, 07:50 PM

I need a nap too, especially since DS decided to wake up twice at night again and then be up for the day at 6am. Unfortunately, people have good timing too...today at noon my parents called (I had just fallen asleep) and then when I laid down later again my MIL called...how convenient.

I want my baby, I don't want to wait much longer. I'm afraid I will get the "Your baby is getting to big for a VBAC" Talk on Monday and it scares me cause even though I think I'm pretty informed about the whole situation, I don't know if I can speak up and ask the doc for just another week or so...We shall see I guess.

joy.gif
#33 of 40 Old 07-24-2008, 09:33 PM

greenmom my solution is a frozen pack (like you put in lunches) between my legs...

8 might be enough
#34 of 40 Old 07-24-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
I need a nap too, especially since DS decided to wake up twice at night again and then be up for the day at 6am. Unfortunately, people have good timing too...today at noon my parents called (I had just fallen asleep) and then when I laid down later again my MIL called...how convenient.

I want my baby, I don't want to wait much longer. I'm afraid I will get the "Your baby is getting to big for a VBAC" Talk on Monday and it scares me cause even though I think I'm pretty informed about the whole situation, I don't know if I can speak up and ask the doc for just another week or so...We shall see I guess.
I hope you get your rest I am also going for a vbac in August.....it is hard to stand up to them isnt it? I have been requesting and asking different things at each visit and so far my ob has been ok with it but it depends on who is on call when the time comes.......I still havent had my diabetes test yet and I am 35 weeks...I have 2 kids on my own and no way to get there or anyone to leave them with..........the ob is getting ticked bigtime. When is your due date?
#35 of 40 Old 07-24-2008, 10:33 PM

I'm doing wonderful today because it's my birthday. : I spent the day in my hometown visiting friends, my mom and my grandma. Tonight I'm having dinner with more friends at a new Brazilian place.

Mom said she thinks I'll go into labor next weekend. When I asked her why she said "Because I want to win the money " My family has bets placed on what day/time I'll deliver and one one of the days my mom bet on is next weekend. The pot is $100 so she really wants to win. Weirdo.

The man is taking six weeks off after the baby is born, in that time we'll be taking a trip or two. It's all paid so we'll be fine. He's sooooo into helping out and very excited. When I go back to work after 12 weeks it will be only one or two days a week so my mom, his mom and the man will split the days to watch the baby.
#36 of 40 Old 07-24-2008, 10:41 PM

Happy Birthday, notnow!!! Have a good one

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
#37 of 40 Old 07-24-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by not now View Post
I'm doing wonderful today because it's my birthday. :
happy birthday!!!! : mine was the 22nd

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
#38 of 40 Old 07-24-2008, 11:09 PM

Happy Birthday Notnow:
#39 of 40 Old 07-25-2008, 02:59 AM

Thank you for all the birthday wishes!
#40 of 40 Old 07-25-2008, 04:28 AM

Happy Belated Birthday!

As for the question at hand..

My husband is starting a new job so he won't be taking any time off, but my mom will be here to take care of us all and while my in-laws aren't close enough to just drop by, I'm sure they will come by and help too. I know my Dad is coming too, but he won't be able to stay as long as my Mom will. We won't be hiring a doula, although it might be nice. My Mom is a miracle worker.. house is bright shiny clean in like 30 minutes. We were gone for like an hour and a half the other day and while we were gone she had made a full breakfast for our kiddos, they had eaten and were showered and dressed and she had cleaned up breakfast, dishes, and reorganized our kitchen cabinets! No joke! I tend to get a bit on the sad side if left alone after having a baby so I'm so so glad she will be here. We don't have family really close by so I know when she leaves I will be so sad.. hopefully she'll stay long enough

7th Heaven here we come! Due date early May

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page