Anyone feel like.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 07-24-2008, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
they are getting their period? I am 35 weeks and I cant remember if this is normal or not......
#2 of 20 Old 07-24-2008, 03:33 PM

Yup, I get those pre-period cramps sometimes. I heard that might be a sign of pending labor or contractions.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#3 of 20 Old 07-24-2008, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

I am only 35 weeks....nooooo. maybe I am doing too much or something......i saw the ob on monday and am still closed apparently.
#4 of 20 Old 07-24-2008, 03:54 PM

Yes. I am 36 weeks and I have been feeling mild period-like cramps in my lower abdomen for a few days now. The pain is very mild - more like discomfort - but it definately has that "period cramp" twinge to it.

I was wondering the same thing. Is it normal??? Could we be dialating?
#5 of 20 Old 07-24-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronicalynne View Post
I am only 35 weeks....nooooo. maybe I am doing too much or something......i saw the ob on monday and am still closed apparently.
definitely take it easy --- because at this point you should be doing that anyway. But, remember, some of those pre-labor signs could last weeks. Try a warm bath or shower, stay hydrated as always and relax.
#6 of 20 Old 07-24-2008, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettie cracker View Post
definitely take it easy --- because at this point you should be doing that anyway. But, remember, some of those pre-labor signs could last weeks. Try a warm bath or shower, stay hydrated as always and relax.

That is true.....I know I am stressed wanting to take the kids to the mall for one last "us" time before I cant, frustrated at not being able to get down and wash the kitchen floor or vacuum. I have also been assuming that I will end up "overdue" ( I hate that word) or post date since both dd1 and dd2 were and I know that isnt necessarily the case. I think I will go take a nap with dd2 I am glad to know it isnt just me
#7 of 20 Old 07-24-2008, 04:16 PM

I'm 36 weeks and get those mild period-like cramps in my very lower abdomen and upper thighs every once in a while. Maybe once or twice a day at the most? I'm hoping it's just things gearing up down there

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#8 of 20 Old 07-25-2008, 02:17 PM

I've been feeling those types of cramps for at least a few weeks now (I'm 38 weeks today). Kind of like the low abdomen and lower back ache. It made me nervous when I was less far along because it did feel like something may be starting. Just take it easy and don't do too much. Mine really get brought on by a lot of walking. I know I should be out walking anyway but it feels like such a waste to get so uncomfortable with no results.
#9 of 20 Old 07-25-2008, 02:20 PM

I felt those cramps just this morning. I had no idea what to think of them though.

SAHM Amber 24      DH Chris 26     DS Aiden  3  BFP for Christmas!!   25****30****35baby.gif***40!! 8/30 It's a stork-girl.gif

#10 of 20 Old 07-25-2008, 05:19 PM

I've had those since about 36 weeks (I'm 38 weeks now). They were really bad when I woke up in the morning. I read it's from the baby dropping/cervix beginning to open.

Mama to BeaMax, born 8-3-08 :
: : : : :
#11 of 20 Old 07-25-2008, 06:17 PM

Yes! I'm 37 weeks today. I've had them for a couple of weeks, but they have become more strong and frequent, (still just crampy though). Does anyone know where I can read about this?
#12 of 20 Old 07-25-2008, 06:24 PM

I am so distracted with my other three that there have been several times that I feel that menstrual cramp feeling and part of my brain automatically goes "oh, I'm gonna start my period". Wait...no I'm not! I'm gonna have a baby!
#13 of 20 Old 07-25-2008, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maagpie View Post
I am so distracted with my other three that there have been several times that I feel that menstrual cramp feeling and part of my brain automatically goes "oh, I'm gonna start my period". Wait...no I'm not! I'm gonna have a baby!

That is what I keep on thinking.......and then the reality hits me
#14 of 20 Old 07-25-2008, 06:56 PM

I finally realized I've been having them too. Lots today, some yesterday. Walking definitely brings its on, and we just got home from a long walk, but they are still going! I remember having them for 2 weeks before ds was born, and that is what the beginning of labor felt like too. My low back is also sore and I've got more pressure now. Could be any day, could be weeks! Aah.

Mary, Mama to 3 boys! 9/05 & 8/08 & 7/12
#15 of 20 Old 07-25-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormaJean13 View Post
I've had those since about 36 weeks (I'm 38 weeks now). They were really bad when I woke up in the morning. I read it's from the baby dropping/cervix beginning to open.
Anything new with you? Dilated anymore? Baby here?

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#16 of 20 Old 07-26-2008, 12:48 AM

Yeah, I had that pre-period feeling a couple times. Also a feeling like this giant hand is gently squeezing the front of my stomach.

It takes me forever to remember that the sensations are pregnancy related.
#17 of 20 Old 07-26-2008, 11:19 AM

I have noticed that crampy feeling right before baby has a growth spurt. I have always just attributed it to my uterus stretching, even more!! I could be wrong though...

Hopefully my mpre recent episodes are due to some sort of labour prep though!
#18 of 20 Old 07-26-2008, 06:47 PM

Umm...aren't those crampy feelings contractions? I got them the night before I had my last dd, but not before then.

None yet for me...only braxton-hicks.
#19 of 20 Old 07-26-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlec View Post
Umm...aren't those crampy feelings contractions? I got them the night before I had my last dd, but not before then.
Hmm...maybe...
Then maybe I've been having contractions. I don't know. I have been having tons of BH, but I don't recall that period-ish feeling with my other labours.
#20 of 20 Old 07-27-2008, 05:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlec View Post

None yet for me...only braxton-hicks.
I hope not....that is what I was worried about. I didnt get these crampy feelings at all. I do get BH but these definitely are not them, and when I went into labor it was with a bang.....contractions all across stomach and back..very intense.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page