Positive thoughts about continuing to be pregnant - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 07-29-2008, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As our due dates approach, I'm sure many of you are eager like I am to have our babies.
It doesn't appear she is coming today or even tomorrow so I'm coming up with a list of the good aspects of continuing to be pregnant.

-As of Thursday I'll be more pregnant than I ever have been before; which is fun.
- I can get to see what I look like with a 38, 39, and 40 week belly.
-While my back, hips, and ribs are sore my vulva is not! I can still sit comfortably.
-My youngest is still my baby and can have my undivided attention
-I'm not cleaning anyone's poop but my own
-I'm not being spit up on
-I can just keep getting bigger and bigger, amazing those around me
-I can learn patience

Please add your own to my list.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#2 of 23 Old 07-29-2008, 02:37 PM

I can practice being patient and content.

I can make more headway on my mile-long to do list.

My husband and I can enjoy the last few weeks of our pre-children life, including an anniversary dinner next weekend.

Baby Boy 9/08 & Baby Girl 3/11

#3 of 23 Old 07-29-2008, 02:39 PM

The longer baby bakes, the better.
It's one more day for DH and I to snuggle alone in our bed.
I still have a little bit of stuff to do around the house.

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#4 of 23 Old 07-29-2008, 02:42 PM

I'm really struggling with this too, but I'll give it a shot-

I have a record that the longer I am pregnant, the shorter the labor, so baby should cook as long as it wants.

I will never be able to feel a baby kick inside me again, so I should treasure each movement.

The anticipation of 'when will it be time?', is greater than any other anticipation I ever expierenced- I should let it build as long as possible.

The most painful braxton hicks contractions are still not nearly as bad as the contractions when I'm 8-9 cm.

I still have time to convince DH that my favorite boy name is the one we should go with.

8/8/08 is a GREAT day to be born, and each day that passes brings me one day closer to it.

If I go into labor on a Tuesday, DH will have many more days off in succession than any other day of the week.

Hmm...that's about it, LOL.
#5 of 23 Old 07-29-2008, 02:58 PM
Banned

i just enjoy being pregnant. i guess i don't really feel eager or anything. i'm excited, but not really eager. i guess i'm just enjoying myself and letting it unfold as it will.
#6 of 23 Old 07-29-2008, 03:13 PM

I have gone the full 40+ with every baby requiring induction . Only one ever ended up in NICU which is wonderful . Thgreat thing is you are in Oregon for a summer pregnancy . My friend and I did 2 summer pregnancies each in Texas!
also you can drag out getting back to your pre babyweight through the holidays so you can eat all you want! If you ave any school age children tey will be back in school soon after delivery - giving you more time to bond wit te new one and recoup! If you ave a church te baby will still be smallo enough to be Jesus in te Nativity play.... ( i know I am stretching but those last few weeks need help!!!!)
May God lovingly bless
oh- and you have a little more time with no in laws around! ( that is wort 42 weeks to me!!!!)
#7 of 23 Old 07-29-2008, 04:29 PM

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
great idea, megan! I have been getting way too negative...
here are mine"
-more time to finish my yoga teacher training homework and get my certification..
-more time to see a few plays I am interested in...
-a chance to feel confident about overcoming my anxiety and impatience-

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
#8 of 23 Old 07-29-2008, 04:44 PM

Well, it's not even August yet, so I'm not that anxious right now. Still, the last couple of weeks are kind of fun - you get all sorts of attention and it's the perfect time to play the "pregnancy card" - use it to get out of social functions you don't want to go to or stuff in general that you just don't feel like doing.

I plan to get a pedicure and a massage within the next week or so - this is super indulgent for me, but oh, so deserved.

I also am comfortable at this point have a small glass of wine or beer every once in awhile which, I've missed more than I expected I would.

Not too much longer left!

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

#9 of 23 Old 07-29-2008, 05:05 PM

Bigger, full term babies often sleep longer and nurse better. So post-partum can be an easier time.

Chance to enjoy the family you currently have, be it your partner, kids, friends in a grateful, nostalgic way.

Sympathy! Giving yourself a chance to slow down, to rest, to ask for help.
#10 of 23 Old 07-29-2008, 05:12 PM

Ok, here goes. . .

- When I wake up at night I don't have to worry about anyone else going to sleep so I can.

- I can currently leave the house alone and not have to worry about anyone going hungry while I'm gone.

- I get to be with my baby all the time, but don't have to worry about whether or not she's getting what she needs.

- Most everyone is nice to me and wants to help me

I'm only 35 weeks so I'm not anxious either. I am a little worried about my sanity if she goes to 40 weeks (I've never gone past 38 wks, 6 days).

- I almost forgot! I'm getting a pedicure once I get to 37 weeks
#11 of 23 Old 07-29-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
Bigger, full term babies often sleep longer and nurse better. So post-partum can be an easier time.
This. Plus, I hope to avoid the jaundice issues we had with my first two (34weeks and 37weeks).
#12 of 23 Old 07-29-2008, 05:36 PM

Hmmm, well I am not expecting to go early(I think I am due the same day as the OP?). I think that affects how I feel. But here goes:

-If baby waits to come until 8/14 or later, my mom will be here to take care of the big kids, so we won't have to call friends.
-Maybe I can have that 10 pound baby and startle all my friends!
-My previous post daters have been excellent nursers from the start, why mess with success?

Yeah, that's all I got. Good luck to the rest of you making it through these final weeks!
#13 of 23 Old 07-29-2008, 05:39 PM

Well, I still have 4 weeks to go, so I am happy that he is baking longer -- although I am hoping those 4 weeks pass quickly!

Enjoying my last bit of time with just one child --- a super independent 4 1/2 yr old.

I hope to have my to do list finished.

Our first room in our addition will be *almost* finished.
#14 of 23 Old 07-29-2008, 06:13 PM

more time to spend with my toddler and more time it is just 3 of us and not 4 lol

more time to car shop for a bigger car that is also better on gas

more time to clean my house lol which was cleaned deep cleaned saturday but a house can never be tooo clean lol

i think iam 36 weeks pregnant and i dont mind waiting until 42 weeks if i have too i just want my baby happy healthy and chubby lots of chub lol

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
#15 of 23 Old 07-29-2008, 06:19 PM

Gives me and DP a chance to spend time alone without someone else to take care.

I can still spoil myself with all the material things I want without feeling guilty.

I can still have sex without worrying about stitches,tears, etc.

I can still treasure the conversations DP and I have that aren't baby related (as if we have any now).

I can still relish the fact that I'll be a first time mom and let everyone cater to my every need.

8/8/08 is a GREAT day to be born, and each day that passes brings me one day closer to it. - got this from krisalee

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#16 of 23 Old 07-29-2008, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, yeah! The longer I gestate the bigger she will be. I'd like to beat the bigest baby from my sil's which is 8lbs 14oz. It would be cool to shock everyone with a 9 lb baby!

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#17 of 23 Old 07-29-2008, 07:54 PM

I love feeling my baby moving so gently in my womb, something that i will miss forever since this is my last baby...

I love getting away with a lot of things while pregnant, special treatment!

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
#18 of 23 Old 07-29-2008, 08:02 PM

I'm not eager either. In fact I'm not ready period!

All of the above positive things and not waking every 2 hrs to nurse
not having newborn wake the other 2 co-sleepers
not dealing with teething and new baby at the exact same time (I need a couple weeks for DS's last set to come in!)
#19 of 23 Old 07-31-2008, 11:46 AM

Each day is an extra day to spend with DD#1 (our 1st) where she's our "baby" and we totally revolve around her. =)

And yes, I can enjoy 1 more night of uninterrupted sleep (DD#1 has been STTN for a few months now. yippee!!).
#20 of 23 Old 07-31-2008, 11:54 AM

DD and I are going out to lunch and to a movie today. Trying to do lots of special things right now.
#21 of 23 Old 07-31-2008, 01:07 PM

This is a great thread. I feel so ambivalent. Sometimes I am ready for her to come right away, and some days I am really hoping she waits until her EDD, 2 weeks from now. But since I have no control over what happens, it's probably a good idea to focus on the positives of her waiting. So,
- more time for DH and me to be just us and enjoy all the freedoms of not having a child.
- Getting to enjoy some of my time off work (starting Mon.) before having to care for a baby.
- My mom will be here for the birth if she comes after the 12 and I can use her support.
- DH will get to finish the mural in the nursery
- Some things about pregnancy are fun, like feeling her move and always getting a seat on the subway.
- more time to enjoy my own independence
#22 of 23 Old 07-31-2008, 01:36 PM

Enjoying that special feeling of having a baby in my tummy.

Enjoying the wonder of who he or she is, what he or she will look like, etc.

Enjoying the family dynamics that we currently have and spending time with my two kids, without being distracted.

Enjoying sleeping and not being sleep deprived!
#23 of 23 Old 07-31-2008, 02:16 PM

Knowing that this is one of God's miracles and not everyone is as blessed to have this chance.

Knowing that this is a new experience for both DP and I and that we will figure it out together.

That this experience will bring DP and I together and we may possibly settle down and get married or become exclusive.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page