Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow, cool birth story! Congratulations!
#32 of 40 Old 07-30-2008, 01:56 AM

no longer in your DDC but congrats and welcome to your little girl!

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#33 of 40 Old 07-30-2008, 02:01 AM

Not in this DDC either, but birth announcements catch my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeandolive View Post
Too funny...get up, do some laundry, make some coffee, have a baby and then some pancakes! LOL Ho hum, just a small part of the daily routine. LOL
...send son to school where he announces his sister was born that morning

Enjoy your babymoon!

mom of 3 , homeschooling the oldest with google and the internet
#34 of 40 Old 07-30-2008, 02:35 AM

Congrats, mama!! What a great story

::::::
#35 of 40 Old 07-31-2008, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingforGod View Post
Congrats!! That's a great story. We are actually planning an unassisted birth. I can't wait.:: Thank you for sharing.
I explored UC a little bit and decided it wasn't for us (and DH especially was not comfortable) but I have to say it was AWESOME laboring alone in a quiet, dim house and just doing what felt right. Especially compared to my son's birth (at a birth center). I know second babies are typically easier but I was really affected by going in the car in the middle of labor, and then being observed and assessed and told to do this or that. His birth was long and difficult and I just knew I didn't want to try that again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmom4 View Post
That's so awesome, I love birth stories like yours! Congratulations to you and your family!
I never believe birth stories like mine! Like sure, you felt some twinges and did some housework and then your baby just popped out. What next, did monkeys fly out of your butt? But I guess I'm a skeptic no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertandenith View Post
ohhhhh I love your birthstory I want an unexpected unassisted waterbirth too!!!
It was amazing. Our midwives are very laid-back and hands-off, and the plan was for them to hang out in the living room while I labored in private in the birth pool in another room. But I think I still would have been affected by thinking about everyone hanging around waiting to help for for something to happen. I had a lot of concern over calling too early, and people just waiting around while I was maybe making a lot of noise. It was so wonderfulo to be completely uninhibited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeandolive View Post
How wonderful! All babies should arrive like that! I too lmao about the "happy ow" still giggling! LOL

Too funny...get up, do some laundry, make some coffee, have a baby and then some pancakes! LOL Ho hum, just a small part of the daily routine. LOL
The difference in how I felt after a 2-hour labor versus an 18-hour labor is incredible. I felt like I'd been hit by a truck after having my son. I felt pretty great after DD was born, just a little shaky for a while. The one weird thing is I didn't really get that endorphin surge, I think because there was just no build-up.

Thanks for all the congrats everyone! We are really enjoying DD, and telling the story to all our friends.
#36 of 40 Old 08-18-2008, 10:01 PM

peekingin from dio, what an amazing story!! I am glad everything turned out so well for you!!
#37 of 40 Old 08-19-2008, 02:05 PM

I've been waking up at 4am for the last few nights with a lot of pressure too.. maybe I ought to start paying more attention just in case our birth goes like yours! Congratulations!

7th Heaven here we come! Due date early May
#38 of 40 Old 08-19-2008, 06:08 PM

Awesome!! Congratulations! My last birth was also an unplanned un-midwifed and it was brilliant. :-) My mom was there and she's had eight children of her own and was present for my first so I had "help".

I know exactly what you mean about how intense it was! I remember thinking "I have to do THIS for 16 hours?" (my first labor) and ended up feeling VERY relieved when the baby was coming so quickly. :-)

Momma - you did SO well. You did SO good. What a blessing - what a special family moment. Congratulations!

Angela <><
#39 of 40 Old 08-24-2008, 12:17 PM

Congratulations!!! I had an unexpected UC as well. They're pretty neat

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#40 of 40 Old 08-29-2008, 01:16 PM

Congrats- what an amazing story!!!

Mommy to DS1 5/07 and DS2 1/09 , wife to an awesome hubby. And someone new coming in March!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page