Daily Thread ~ Thursday, July 31st - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 07-31-2008, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I have a confession - I haven't bought my HB supplies yet Anybody else let something fall through the cracks

Meredyth partners.gif Travis, Mama to my boys J, L, E & my girl B
Bella Rose is here 07/29/10!
Always missing my angel1.gif
#2 of 23 Old 07-31-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredyth0315 View Post
Anybody else let something fall through the cracks
Myself I am so frumpy right now and just don't care!
#3 of 23 Old 07-31-2008, 11:17 AM

Umm... I know we have an infant carseat...somewhere...?!

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

#4 of 23 Old 07-31-2008, 11:37 AM

I think that we have all of the major things in place.

...now if only I could sleep at night! *YAWN*

it seems that as soon as I it is bedtime I can't sleep, even though I have been a walking zombie all day.

hope life is treating everyone else well.

charlene
#5 of 23 Old 07-31-2008, 11:45 AM

We still haven't installed the carseat. I hope I haven't forgotten anything else! I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm due Aug. 26th, and next week I'm getting a pedicure, and the week after, a haircut and brow arch. Whoo!

Hopefully we'll be able to go out to eat one more time before we have a baby in the house, too.
#6 of 23 Old 07-31-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmom4 View Post
Umm... I know we have an infant carseat...somewhere...?!
LOLOL that is so us!
#7 of 23 Old 07-31-2008, 01:18 PM

Actually, I don't think I have this time. I've got everything I wanted to have. I do wish I could have the pool set up in advance but there is just no room for it.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#8 of 23 Old 07-31-2008, 01:59 PM

I still have not done my birth plan, packed my hospital bag........I keep assuming I will have time since I am near the end of august and dd1 and dd2 were both postdate but u never know........
#9 of 23 Old 07-31-2008, 02:13 PM

Been having some back labor and feeling really crampy again today. I walked around Target during lunch and had some really bad crampy feelings. I have m 39 week appt in about two hours so maybe I've dilated. I've pretty much stopped getting my hopes up about that because I was still at 1 the other week and he moved back up to -3.

My grandmother has been encouraging me and DP to DTD constantly to bring on labor. Between her and mother, they keep telling us to have more sex as if we're both not really tired in the evenings. DP is under a lot of stress at work right now and trying to get his staff together before I go into labor.

He finally took out his contacts last night and put on his glasses and I got so turned on. I have this thing for men in glasses. Yea, he will DEFINITELY get some tonight regardless of how tired we are.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#10 of 23 Old 07-31-2008, 02:16 PM

Hmmm. I still don't have the crib (which I was going to wait until a few months anyways) and now I feel unprepared because I dont have it even though we probably wont use it... Why is that?

oh yeah and today is my B-day so who knows what we will be doing today... maybe it will bring on some labor
I still haven't had any braxton hicks or anything just occasional period like cramps. Who knows when this girl is coming...

I feel like just going out and baby shopping, we really havent bought anything other than labor supplies, most of our friends are going to be handing down stuff and we still havent had a baby shower yet although two are planned in the next 3 weeks, right now from looking at the inside of our home you would have no idea that we are about to have a baby. Maybe thats why I want the crib so bad, at least that says "baby" since nothing else in my home does.

Nichole, wife to Kris SAHM to Timothy : :10-11-03, Hosanna , Seraphim 8-17-08 : caught by Grandma! Faith 1-4-10 : Caught by Daddy!
#11 of 23 Old 07-31-2008, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I saw the midwife yesterday ( a different one in the practice) and she found me at 4 cm dilated, 90% effaced, but said my cervix was still pointing backward, oh, and baby still at -1...the midwife last week said I was 5 cm dilated and 80% dilated-apparently he is known for being "generous" with his cm, so I am to assume that I have had no change in dilation since then...no other news except that I am having a bit of lower back pain and feeling sorta sickish...and a week and a half to go til due date-I guess I have really accepted that it could be a bit...made plans for a massage and to see a play on Saturday...and will ask the acupuncturist to do what she can when I see her on Monday!

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
#12 of 23 Old 07-31-2008, 03:20 PM

I'm picking up the last of my supplies this afternoon-woo hoo (we just decided yesterday to probably go for a home birth)! And DH installed the carseat this morning. All of a sudden, it's so real. Yikes! Crib still isn't set up, but we didn't really use the crib last time til about 6 months, so whatever. The house is disasterish (though very organized, it needs a thorough vacuuming/mopping), but I'm not too fussed. MIL gets in tonight and has already called to see what needs to be done...I told her I'd save some cleaning for her, ha ha.
I wonder if this "readiness" is what's contributing to the crazy amounts of contractions I've been having. Lots of tightening, twinges, crampiness, and two visits to the bathroom...gotta wonder. I don't want to get my hopes up, as my DD isn't til the 8th, but hey, you never know!

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
#13 of 23 Old 07-31-2008, 03:21 PM

Happy Birthday Nichole! Hope you have a great day!

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
#14 of 23 Old 07-31-2008, 03:45 PM

Happy Birthday! =)

I had my 13 year old daughter ON my birthday, it is cool but not exactly what I wanted to be going through on that day

Well this morning I had my mw appt and she swept my membranes. That was slightly uncomfortable but it was okay. I am at a stretchy 4 she says and baby is still way down low.

That was about 3 hours ago and I've been having contractions since, but if any of you remember, I have been having contractions for almost 2 weeks. These feel "different" though, a little more intense and a lot more pressure.

I went to the bathroom and have some blood tinged mucous but I've been losing my plug for over a week and she just did that sweep so it probably isn't TOO indicitive of anything.

I'm hoping today/tomorrow is it. My due date is tuesday but I've been SOOOOO miserable with all this stupid contraction, crampy stuff and have been getting so little sleep that I just want her to come already.

I'm sick of being watched like a hawk by everyone, and everyone asking me if I've had this baby yet. NO STOP ASKING! Even people at DH's work are constantly asking him this every day that he goes into work.

So, contractions coming about every 10 minutes right now, I hope this is FINALLY it and not some more "false labor"

Good luck to everyone
#15 of 23 Old 07-31-2008, 03:45 PM

I've been feeling PMSy. I'm cramping down low and feel cranky. I'm also starving but nearly nothing sounds good to me.

#16 of 23 Old 07-31-2008, 03:47 PM

MizT- I hope this is it for you!

#17 of 23 Old 07-31-2008, 04:17 PM

I *still* need to buy a carseat. I keep forgetting/procrastinating.

Homesteading Mama to homeschoolin' kiddos London (10) ; Alexander (8) :; Holden (5) :; and Sergei born at home 8/18/08
#18 of 23 Old 07-31-2008, 04:48 PM

I've been having that yucky empty stomach feeling the last couple days, and all that sounds good is ice cream. I had my 37 wk appt today and I asked my doctor to check my cervix because DH was trying to go on an out-of-town trip to his hunting lease this weekend (no cell service for over 48 hours) and I didn't think that was a good idea. Turns out I'm 2 cm dilated, 50% effaced, and measuring 39 weeks! Baby's head was measuring 39 weeks last week, so my doctor thinks I just might go into labor sometime next week. No guarantee of course, but I'd love for her to come out before her head gets too much bigger!

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#19 of 23 Old 07-31-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
I still don't have the crib (which I was going to wait until a few months anyways) and now I feel unprepared because I dont have it even though we probably wont use it... Why is that?
I know the feeling.
I bought bottles, nipples, formula, and soothers...
no idea why...none of the other three kids ever..
I've breastfed for over 5 years of my life....
I bought a crib set (with dust ruffle, bumper pads) for the first time in my life...its all set up although storing laundry I am going to use bassinette cribside until we figure out how this kids going to want to sleep...

I am exhausted.
I am going into labour tomorrow I keep telling myself so I want to sleep today, go out for nice dinner with dh and go for a long (as long as it takes walk) good news...he called now I have to pick the restaurant!

I have no idea of what restaurant to choose...
sigh...

My dilation changed from this morning to this afternoon...
a good 1-2cm change for the better but it regressed from earlier on in the week...I was a solid four+ a day or so ago, this morning a solid 2+and more posterior...now this afternoon back to four...odd..

8 might be enough
#20 of 23 Old 07-31-2008, 05:50 PM

Well today I woke up and slept THE WHOLE NIGHT w/o interruptions! I just couldn't believe it! I slept so darn well thanks to a mixture of herbs: RRL, Pregnancy Tea and Chamomile! I got up at 7:00 am to wait for a FPL (electric) worker so he could walk through the apt and check for leaks and making sure appliances and a/c are working correctly. My electric bill this past month was freaking $300!!!!!! : We found the culprit!

I went to bed at noon because I was feeling a bit crampy and uncomfortable, and fall sleep! WOW THAT FELT SO GOOD! I am not sure how long I napped but woke up with hunger! Then I made myself some snapper fillets over spaghetti; went to the pool for a few minutes and started prepping dinner with my mom. I am having so much darn pressure in my vagina and rectum, and lower uterus. My tummy is been contracting all day but I haven't time them, nor do I want to do it. I am really trying to get on with my life and do everything like I normally do. They can be very painful but I am pretending that they are not happening

If I am still preggo tomorrow morning, I am going to go watch Orgasmic Birth at a birth center

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
#21 of 23 Old 08-01-2008, 02:19 AM

I just lost some mucous plug in the bath

Nothing major, just a bit but its encouraging! I don't think she'll be born in the next hour so I won't get my July baby but that's ok.

I told dh that I'd shoot for Satuday to maximize his days off.

#22 of 23 Old 08-01-2008, 02:46 AM

omg wtg Megan! : I just lost some of mine just now, I sat down in my toilet thinking that I needed to go #2 but didn't happen. I am peeing like crazy and the pressure is killing me so sitting in the toilet is somewhat relieving :

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
#23 of 23 Old 08-01-2008, 02:49 AM

The toilet was my friend last time!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page