The end of the month girls - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 31 Old 08-02-2008, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Isra* View Post
Checking in with an edd of August 29th! I have to admit, I purposely am not reading any of the birth stories posted, I'm just in mental mode trying to visualize my own birth and take it one day at a time.

To the mama who's worried about BF..stop reading horror stories!!! With my first I set myself up to succeed and that meant buying nursing pads, some nipple cream (lansinoh), nursing pillow, nursing bras. I refused the formula bag at the hospital. It really is a mental preparation as much as a physical one. Just like FF prepare by buying bottles and formula and sterilizers, I really believe BF moms have to prepare also..in a different way. You can do it! Also, I just subscribed to New Beginnings (la leche magazine), that magazine was a HUGE support and motivation for me the first time I BF.
:

Especially about refusing samples. Don't keep any formula in the house, for a couple of reasons. First of all that can of formula can look mighty tempting when you and your babe are frantically sleep deprived and learning how to nurse. Well meaning folks, (dh, mom, mil) may just make up a bottle and with the best of intentions try to "give you a break" : as well as the fact that it just creates a negative mind set, one that is considering failure from the get go. You can do this!!! You don't want any formula in that perfect newborn tummy. Check out the bfing boards here at MDC.

I am not crunchy enough for this forum. Everyday I get a little crunchier though! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page