How's your appetite? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-01-2008, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been starving all the time the last several days. I think partly because the weather has cooled down some and partly because baby is gaining so much right now.

2 hours ago I had 2 big plates of pasta and veggies with pesto sauce. Now I'm having a small ham sandwich and an apricot.

I wonder what I'll eat for dinner!?

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2008, 07:15 PM

Sounds like me! I've been starving much of the day today and I swear I'm eating!
Old 08-01-2008, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

I'm now having chocolate pudding

Old 08-01-2008, 07:32 PM

Mine is good too! I'm eating pinto beans, cheese, tomoatoes and cilantro. Its really hard to get 100g. of protein everuyday in but i'm working on it.

xoxoxox

Old 08-01-2008, 08:22 PM

My appetite sucks! I don't feel like eating anything, though I snack through the day. I usually love to make dinner/food for us but I'm a total zombie in the kitchen now, like I just stand in front of the fridge and wondering what I'm going to eat/make... stinks!

I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

Old 08-01-2008, 08:39 PM

Non-existent.

Our high today was 104 degrees. At 5:30 pm it's still 101 degrees. I just ate a bowl of grapes. That's all I feel like eating.

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
Old 08-01-2008, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamerle View Post
Non-existent.

Our high today was 104 degrees. At 5:30 pm it's still 101 degrees. I just ate a bowl of grapes. That's all I feel like eating.
Sorry, mama. When I had ds 3 years ago it was a summer like that. It was completely awful. I liked eating frozen blueberries. Still do

Old 08-01-2008, 09:54 PM

I been wanting to eat everything! I love munching on fruits but since I am in an organic produce coop I have to limit my intake, I don't want to run out of produce before I can pick up the next batch I been serving myself a bowl of cheerios and almond milk every night and drink lots of rrlt all night to fool my stomach

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
Old 08-01-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakra View Post
Mine is good too! I'm eating pinto beans, cheese, tomoatoes and cilantro. Its really hard to get 100g. of protein everuyday in but i'm working on it.
that sounds YUMMY!!!! AND HEALTHY!

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
Old 08-01-2008, 09:58 PM

I have eaten the weirdest stuff in the last week... Hamburger helper (made with free range organic ground beef of course), Doritos (cool ranch, yum) and a variety of other MSG filled crap that I haven't eaten in like, a decade. I don't know what is going on, but today i haven't been hungry at all. All I know is this is not the diet in the back of "What to expect...". That book stressed me out when I was preggers with no. 1. All that bran and no empty calories, I really thought women had to eat like that to have healthy babies... Tonight we are riding our bikes over to the pizzeria, I'm pretty sure my appetite will perk up then.:

Elizabeth, mama to 4 kids and 5 chickens.
The grateful recipient of 3 home water births, 1 being an accidental UC.:
Old 08-01-2008, 10:03 PM

I've been hungry a lot myself the past couple of weeks. My appetite had slowed down a bit during the last part of the 2nd trimester, but now I'm munchy all the time, and craving bad junk food like Twizzlers and barbecue potato chips. I managed to resist the Twizzlers in the store tonight, but not the chips

Claire, mommy to Robbie (8/23/08) and Brena (4-22-11) and wifey to Joe

Old 08-01-2008, 10:12 PM

I have been more hungry lately here too. This is the 3rd day I am eating couscous with sauteed onion and lots of fresh herbs, lemon and parm. cheese. I swear it is the best thing I have eating this enitre pregnancy. I ate an obscene amount yesterday for lunch, lol. Oh, and I love dove dark bars...those are my sanity helpers, lol.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:34 PM

Gosh, I thought I was the only one with the munchies. I can eat now and then 20 minutes later, I'm hungry again. What's up with that? I try to make sure at least my meals are balanced and I snack somewhat healthy. Lately I've been craving lettuce like crazy. Lettuce and tuna.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

Old 08-02-2008, 09:28 PM

I am so hungry at 2 am that I feel like I am going to die. I never make it down to the kitchen though 'cause the stairs are too squeaky and I don't want to risk waking the kiddos. It is nice that baby has dropped and there is more room for food in the tummy without the risk of the awful heartburn!
Old 08-02-2008, 11:33 PM

I was wondering what was going on with me, so glad I'm not the only mamma pigging out. Before I could barely manage to eat a small plate of food, I felt so stuffed and wasnt hungry again for like 6 or 7 hours! But now I can scarf down a giant plate of food and still be looking for food in a matter of hours... I guess this is where they are picking up that extra pound or two huh? So what? when we stop feeling hungry is that when we know they are coming soon?

Nichole, wife to Kris SAHM to Timothy : :10-11-03, Hosanna , Seraphim 8-17-08 : caught by Grandma! Faith 1-4-10 : Caught by Daddy!
Old 08-03-2008, 02:11 AM

Hmm... My appetite has returned, but I never really know what I'm hungry for. I've been living on caprese salad and watermelon for the past week or so - they're the only two things that appeal. I wonder what the next "it food" will be for me?

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

Old 08-03-2008, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maagpie View Post
I am so hungry at 2 am that I feel like I am going to die. I never make it down to the kitchen though 'cause the stairs are too squeaky and I don't want to risk waking the kiddos. It is nice that baby has dropped and there is more room for food in the tummy without the risk of the awful heartburn!
OOH, that's a terrible feeling! You should keep some shelf-stable juice and crackers by your bedside....
Old 08-03-2008, 02:22 AM

I thought I was the only one!! I eat constantly. Watermelon....yummmmmm:

Today I asked for a southern chicken breafst sandwich from Mc Donald's...that is so NOT me!

I had to big bowls of raisin bran for dinner and I am starving right now.

I wake up in the middle of the night and have to have graham crackers and milk.

User Tag List