Everyone is having babies! Where's mine? Rant... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-03-2008, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It seems that all the mommas are popping all of a sudden. I'm excited for them but a little envious, when is my little one gonna decide she's ready? Anyone else not having any symptoms of labor? All I've got is a SLOWLY thinning cervix and lots of back pain and pelvic pressure...

I'm so thankful to have made it to 40 weeks with my healthy little girl, I would just like it if she would come out now...

I have been wanting a homebirth since before I got preggo, actually since I had ds in the hospital I knew I wouldn't ever do that again, but things are stressful at home and I almost want to ditch my family and go birth in a hospital just for some peace.

My hubby and I are sharing an apt with my mother, so long as everyone is working its no big deal but my mom and I work in the school district and are out for the summer. Sooo we are both at home all day and mostly its ok but its when she starts telling me what to do that there is a problem.
Like she tells me I shouldnt buy so many toys for my son (only recently been buying him a few things here and there because he is growing out of his old toys which are pretty much all hand me downs anyways) she also gets on me about the electricity being used even though I pay the bill however much it is... I run a night light and a fishy light in my son's room during the night because we are transitioning him out of our room and into his own and he is terrified without those. After I leave him she goes in and turns them off! Ugh Its so annoying! She also doesnt like our dog and we've gotten into a couple tiffs because she wants us to get rid of it or we clearly dont love her.... (honestly the dog is very dumb, we have had a very unsuccessful time training her and were going to try a training colar as a last resort, but hubby just doesnt want her anymore) She is also onto me that I need to be cleaning more, to get ready for baby and just in general, yet she doesnt help with any of it. She also keeps telling me how to "handle" my son that I shouldn't let him do this or that or she lays down some rule without talking to me and suddenly I have to enforce it even when I dont agree with it...

I am so sick of living with mom I wonder if that's why baby hasnt come yet, I just dont feel like birthing around my mom right now I am so irritated with her.

I've been angry with hubby too mostly over little things but a few that he just hasnt changed yet (like actually cleaning the dishes when you wash them instead of leaving food still on them and saying they are clean, or putting a pitcher of lemonade back in the fridge when it has sat out for what like 4 days!) grrr.

Ds has been throwing temper tantrums for the past 6 months (this is because my sister came and took my nephew who my mother and I have raised the past 4 years, he and Timothy are 9 weeks apart and have been like twins, my sister is evil and decided that Timothy is no longer allowed to see his cousin. So Timothy is emotionally confused and distraught over this thus the tantrums).

I am so tired of the people in my home I just want to run away, I want so badly to take Timothy and go camping but I have no idea when I'm going to pop so that probably isnt a great idea although I am desperate to get away even if its just for a few days.

Well with that off my chest I feel a little bit better...
Thanks for listening.

Nichole, wife to Kris SAHM to Timothy : :10-11-03, Hosanna , Seraphim 8-17-08 : caught by Grandma! Faith 1-4-10 : Caught by Daddy!
#2 of 9 Old 08-03-2008, 12:51 AM

oh mama, I can relate, as I am living with my mom right now too. I get to leave in the fall, and can't wait to have my own space and my own nest.

I think that's part of why we are so touchy about it right now, our nesting instincts are kicking in hardcore, but we have no nest.

So sad about Timothy and your nephew. What a cruel thing to have happen.

Hopefully your family will rally around you during your labor and recovery.

I am not crunchy enough for this forum. Everyday I get a little crunchier though! :
#3 of 9 Old 08-03-2008, 12:51 AM

Awwwwww!!!

You should get away. Maybe the baby needs to feel like you are at peace before they think it's safe to come out.

Maybe you don't need to go camping, but you can take a day trip to a park or a beach on a nice day. Or you could just hang out in the woods for a while. Man, that sounds really good right now!!

Your mom sounds like a real pain in the behind. at your DH, though. Men are so clueless.

Hang in there, it'll work out. Its so frustrating to be close and you want your baby but baby's just not coming... it seems like it changes the whole world (or at least your attitude towards it)!

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
#4 of 9 Old 08-03-2008, 01:10 AM

It could be your mom! If you don't feel safe and secure it inhibits labor.

Can she move out? Or perhaps she can go on a trip to visit some family for a couple of weeks?

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#5 of 9 Old 08-03-2008, 01:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Megan~ View Post
It could be your mom! If you don't feel safe and secure it inhibits labor.

Can she move out? Or perhaps she can go on a trip to visit some family for a couple of weeks?
Financially no, and family is in GA (we're in CA) so no on that too.

My mom and I usually get along really well but with my nephew being gone (was really more like my moms son) she has been having a hard time too. Her day was filled with spending time with him and now she does nothing but stay in her room and jump all over me about things that irritate her. She was a single mom raising 3 kids and working all the time so she never really got out there and made friends or anything, she has some friends from church but they are all way too busy and she really only sees them at church so they are more like acquaintances. So she doesnt get out at all, I am really her only best friend. Overall I do want her to be a part of the labor and delivery, she was there for Timothy, I just wish she would shut it and stop adding more stress to my life right now. We had an email argument and I thought it was over and started feeling a bit better but then last night she went and got hubby from work and started in on him, so he came home and told me.... I thought we had already talked about this and were over it... I feel like I have to talk with her about it all again to make peace so I can be at peace so I can get this baby to come.

Nichole, wife to Kris SAHM to Timothy : :10-11-03, Hosanna , Seraphim 8-17-08 : caught by Grandma! Faith 1-4-10 : Caught by Daddy!
#6 of 9 Old 08-03-2008, 01:35 AM

be honest with her and tell her!!!! Tell her that stress sometimes inhibits labor and that you need her to relax for you or your baby. Just be nice when telling her. When I have something in my chest to tell to my mom I tell her, it feels a lot better to get it out of your chest when you confront your own parents. The relationship gets stronger too

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
#7 of 9 Old 08-03-2008, 01:48 AM

I agree with Enith. You should try to be as gently honest as you can with her. Often people have no idea how their actions affect you and their intentions are not negative. So once they find out, as long as they don't feel too criticized and get defensive, they are more than willing to work at making a change.
#8 of 9 Old 08-03-2008, 02:50 AM

I just noticed that you are Nichole and your DH's name is Kris... I'm Nicole and my DH's name is Chris!!!

Sorry about the hijack but I just thought that was really cool.

I'm sure your whole household is under a lot of stress right now, maybe it would do everyone a lot of good to have a conversation about all the craziness. You sound like you have a lot of love in your family though, I feel like it will work out for you. Maybe you just need to open up the lines for communication, KWIM?

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
#9 of 9 Old 08-03-2008, 03:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post
I just noticed that you are Nichole and your DH's name is Kris... I'm Nicole and my DH's name is Chris!!!

Sorry about the hijack but I just thought that was really cool.

I'm sure your whole household is under a lot of stress right now, maybe it would do everyone a lot of good to have a conversation about all the craziness. You sound like you have a lot of love in your family though, I feel like it will work out for you. Maybe you just need to open up the lines for communication, KWIM?

Lol that is so funny! Same names different spelling, gotta love that.

I will be chatting with my mom later when it seems appropriate. I feel so much better just getting that off my chest and having you ladies for some support (now I don't feel like I'm losing my mind) I also talked with hubby tonight on the drive home about the things he is doing that aren't helping so I feel better from that too.

Thanks for the love and support ladies!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page