Daily Thread Monday 08-04-08 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ooof. Another Monday, back at work. Another round of asinine questions - yes, I'm still pregnant, yes, I feel "ok," yes, I'm ready for the baby, blah blah blah. Oh well, good intentions and all that.

I was up off and on all night last night NOT because of an unending urge to pee but because of ctx - still no bloody show or anything like that so my hopes are definitely not up, and my edd is still almost two weeks away and it would be SO unlike me to go early : Still, one can hope, right?

On the up side, it's cooling down significantly and we're getting daily afternoon thunderstorms again - it cooled down to 67 yesterday afternoon! So that makes me happy!

Hang in there everyone!

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

#32 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 11:34 AM

Well today is 38 weeks for me. I skipped last weeks dr. appt and go tomorrow. I figured that the earliest I have had any of my kids is 9 days before my edd, which would be this coming saturday. I can wait until the 12th though. I have to finish getting stuff done, lol. Ds has a carseat check to get him a new car seat on Wed. then following that I have to get 2 of the girls eye exams for school (new stupid state law) and friday I have to get sdd her physical for school. Fast forward to next week and tuesday is her school reg. adn then wed. is her birthday. So anytime after that is ok, lol. I have been having more b/h contx every day though...I guess you never know. I may take my kids swimming at my SIL's as it feels so good beign in the water and it is going to be in the 90's all week, yuk.
#33 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 11:46 AM

Okay, I got off the computer last night and went and laid down and I swear I had contractions for a good hour or so until I took some rescue remedy and fell asleep.

And where is our birth tub? In the backyard leaning against the fence. So I am lying there in the dark trying to breathe thinking "why haven't we brought that in yet?" kind of wondering how my husband would feel if I woke him up to go wash out the tub in the middle of the night.

Luckily we made it through the night with no action, but i told my husband he's on call today. When he gets home this afternoon that's project #1.

And Holo - The thought that I could be doing this for another month even is hilarious. I am the world's worst 'waiter'. And I don't mean food service, though I sucked at that too. I want to meet my baby!

Oh and yay for the mama's doing their hard work today!

Elizabeth, mama to 4 kids and 5 chickens.
The grateful recipient of 3 home water births, 1 being an accidental UC.:
#34 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 11:56 AM

I've decided I can't rely on anything my body may or may not be doing...so I don't think I'll believe I'm in labour til I have a baby in my arms, lol.

Contractions? Yup-lots, but irregular.
Plug? Still intact, no show, boo.
Feelings of readiness? Heck yeah!

I'm sitting on my birth ball and doing lots of activity-hopefully that'll get baby moving!!

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
#35 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 12:06 PM

I'm tired and frustrated!

My labor picked up until I was at the point that I was almost ready to call my mw. The contractions were just as intense as when I was just before transition last time.

Contractions started out at 3-4 minutes apart and lasting 15 seconds and worked up to 4 minutes apart lasting 40 seconds. She said to call when they were about a minute long.

Around 4am I had been laying on the couch trying to rest between contractions, only to get up and sway for the contractions. Then they started to space out but didn't decrease in intesity or length.
The contractions have continued in intensity and length but I'm only having 3-4 an hour now. I went to bed at 4am and they woke us up all night but I needed to sleep if dh was going into work today.

Funnily enough, my mw was called to a birth at 4 am. Interesting how those things work out.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#36 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 12:27 PM

Wow, lots of action last night/this morning. Nothing interesting here.

Walked to the in-laws house last night to pick up a gift. Have no idea why MIL thought it was perfectly normal to ask me "When's the last time you saw your doctor? What's your cervix like? How far are you dilated?" Why are you asking questions about my cervix? My mom doesn't ask questions about my cervix. I just told her that he hasn't even bothered to check me. "Why?" Because I'm a week and half away from my due date so it's basically pointless and I don't want him to. "Oh..."

I asked if she made up her mind about which maternity pictures she wanted to order. She asked "Well, I want to know what pictures your mom picked out." In my head I thought, who the f**k cares? What difference does it make? She's crazy and I'm placing the order without her.

Woke up hungry, had breakfast and now I want to go back to bed....I think I will.
#37 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redebeth View Post
This is totally how I feel.

I went to the mall yesterday to hopefully find some cheap old navy snap/button front shirts for nursing in. Our mall has 'maternity parking' so I was all excited because, well, I never go to the mall, much less when I am actually pregnant. Of course, those spots were taken so I had to walk all the way across the parking lot. I was limping and hobbling before I even made it through the doors. It seriously felt like this baby was in my panties. Like I needed mc hammer pants.

To top it off old navy had nothing that even buttoned in front. Nothing. Bleh. So I went home and laid down and had a BH that lasted about, oh, 4 hours or so.

Nothing much today but overall crampiness.
I went to the mall yesterday too and I was so excited cause I got a spot like right in front of the mall. I hardly ever go there and when I do it seems like I have to park a block away. LOL But it didnt matter how close I was to the entrance cause as soon as I got out baby dropped down in my pelvis pinching some nerve that shot straight down my leg making it feel like my leg was gonna go numb. And of course my pelvis felt like it was on the verge of exploding. I forced myself through it for about 45 min. at the mall then we went to best buy and were there for another 45 min. then we went to Toys R us to pick out a toy for my nephews b-day and again we were there for 45 min. It was so painful but I kept thinking to myself that I needed to walk so she can come down farther, that she hasnt dropped enough and thats why I got no labor signs....
I ended up having period like cramps later but I only seem to get those at night now when I finally lay down in bed.

Nichole, wife to Kris SAHM to Timothy : :10-11-03, Hosanna , Seraphim 8-17-08 : caught by Grandma! Faith 1-4-10 : Caught by Daddy!
#38 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 02:26 PM

My legs are aching. Dh gave me a leg massage and ds joined in. It was lovely! But over way too fast! I keep having menstrual crampiness and over all pms feelings. Going to the chiro this afternoon. Good luck to all the contracting mamas!!!

Mary, Mama to 3 boys! 9/05 & 8/08 & 7/12
#39 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by not now View Post
Walked to the in-laws house last night to pick up a gift. Have no idea why MIL thought it was perfectly normal to ask me "When's the last time you saw your doctor? What's your cervix like? How far are you dilated?" Why are you asking questions about my cervix? My mom doesn't ask questions about my cervix. I just told her that he hasn't even bothered to check me. "Why?" Because I'm a week and half away from my due date so it's basically pointless and I don't want him to. "Oh..."
My dad asked me these questions last week! He was surprised my midwife wasn't checking me and that she wasn't guessing when the baby would be born. He asked me in all seriousness when the midwife said the baby would come?! It was a bit surprising.

Mary, Mama to 3 boys! 9/05 & 8/08 & 7/12
#40 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryeb View Post
My dad asked me these questions last week! He was surprised my midwife wasn't checking me and that she wasn't guessing when the baby would be born. He asked me in all seriousness when the midwife said the baby would come?! It was a bit surprising.
Like she sits there with her magic little glass ball and asks when the baby will be born . I have had SEVERAL people tell me "You won't make it to your due date, you're so big already"...oh well..due date is only a couple of days away and I doubt that I won't make it.

joy.gif
#41 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
I have had SEVERAL people tell me "You won't make it to your due date, you're so big already"...oh well..due date is only a couple of days away and I doubt that I won't make it.
Oh I had people saying that to me at 7 months. Everyone was SURE I would go early. Well guess what people, here I am 9 days overdue. I think they all freaking jinxed it! LOL
#42 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 03:50 PM

Speaking of due dates. The man's older brother is developmentally delayed but pretty high functioning. He has some OCD tendencies and doesn't really understand that my due date is one day but it doesn't have to be that day. He told his mom that he was going to take the day off from school so he could meet the baby. When she explained that the baby may not come exactly on that day he just kept saying "No, that's the day the baby is gonna be here. The doctor said so." He has the day circled on his calender and everything. He's totally fixated on that day now.
#43 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 04:17 PM

Sigh...I have nothing! No discharge, plug, contractions, nothing! I just keep getting bigger. I don't feel bad, but it's so darn not here!
#44 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 04:23 PM

I've been napping on the couch while the kids played in the room. It was restful enough I suppose because I feel a lot better.

I had some contractions while sleeping but not very many. I did just lose some brownish plug though

dh is coming home. I think he's going to take the kids to a friend's house for a bit and let me sleep. Labor might come on if then, she thinks.

#45 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 04:24 PM

my due date was yesterday, and, well....nothing....

continuing to get some random, painless braxton hicks, and some mucous, but that's about it.

I sent DH to work today (even though it's a holiday here in Canada), because I don't want him to 'waste' his stat holiday

...no big plans, but trying to go with the flow.

the good thing is that we don't have anymore visitors scheduled, and there are only a few minor housekeeping duties to stay on top of.

....oh ya, and a cranky, tired 2yr old to deal with

hope everyone is doing well,
charlene
#46 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah W View Post
Sigh...I have nothing! No discharge, plug, contractions, nothing! I just keep getting bigger. I don't feel bad, but it's so darn not here!
Maybe it will come on you all of a sudden. That's how it was with ds. I woke up to contractions and all the things I've been experiencing for more than a week and he was born the next morning.

#47 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I think the baby moved down a little bit yesterday because the pressure on my pubic bone is constant...a constant pinching when I am doing anything but laying down. Saw the acupuncturist and she did a bunch of points to try to move things along...some occasional slight contractions. My mother is driving me mad...called me today to tell me she is worried that I won't be able to handle natural childbirth and I should be prepared to transfer to the hospital from the birthing center for an epidural-and she doesn't want me to feel bad if I do...thanks for the confidence, mom! And I can't even tell dh what she said cause he will flip!

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
#48 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post
My crotch hurts.
Hee Hee Me too!!!! It feels so wrong to say that out loud, but that is about the jist of my existence lately. Thanks for the laugh!
#49 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 07:04 PM

Bloody show here.

I think I might try to nap while the kids play outside with dh.

#50 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Megan~ View Post
Bloody show here.

Oooh, Megan, I'm getting excited for you! :
#51 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 07:08 PM

Oooee-Megan-is it finally your day? Rest up!!

fridgeart, lucky mum to E (5) and Ro (2)
#52 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Megan~ View Post
Bloody show here.

These last two days have been pretty exciting and suspenseful for this DDC.
#53 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 07:23 PM

I can't wait to hear back from Monique!
#54 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettie cracker View Post
I can't wait to hear back from Monique!

ME NEITHER. I have been checking her blog but there was no news. I'm so excited for all of you mommas here...almost makes me feel like I'm in labor too, haha.

joy.gif
#55 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 08:59 PM

Nothing baby related to report aside from lots of pressure and some cramps... nothing new. No worries.

We got a new car a few months ago and finally took it in today to have the windows tinted. : It makes such a difference especially since it was 105 degrees today! Now I can install the car seat.

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#56 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 09:06 PM

ugh, carseat. that reminds me that I never got another base for our infant seat. Its an Eddie Bauer, but obviously a different model than what they make now. I really hope the bases are compatible, or we will need to buy a second infant seat, rather than just base. Or teach the grandparents how to get it secure with the seatbelt instead of clicking it in. I don't think I am comfortable with them and that option, unfortunately.
#57 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettie cracker View Post
ugh, carseat. that reminds me that I never got another base for our infant seat. Its an Eddie Bauer, but obviously a different model than what they make now. I really hope the bases are compatible, or we will need to buy a second infant seat, rather than just base. Or teach the grandparents how to get it secure with the seatbelt instead of clicking it in. I don't think I am comfortable with them and that option, unfortunately.
Kirsten I have an extra eddie bauer car seat base. I am selling our old eddie bauer and it came to me with three bases. no one needs that many. we never used the third. its yours if you want to pay postage. pm me if you are interested.
#58 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 09:42 PM

Still here and pregnant.

My contractions are coming and strong but aren't really picking up. I need to stop and breath or moan through them. Walking and toilet sitting help them get stronger.

I just took some motherwort as it helps with stress and also to coordinate uterine contractions.

#59 of 59 Old 08-04-2008, 10:27 PM

Megan, I was coming here to check on you! Sending some good strong labor vibes your way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page