Anyway, I'm just wondering what "interventions" you consider doing the longer you remain pregnant. Things like stripping membranes, herbs, homeopathy, acupuncture, castor oil, etc...?
Right now I'm still in a good spot and can wait it out. I can't see myself ever taking the cohoshes or castor oil. I'm too lazy to actually make an acupuncture appt and go. But I think I would consider having my membranes stripped in another week or so.
How 'bout you?
In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha
Perhaps when I get really close to my due date, I may try RRLT or accupuncture if I get desperate. Hopefully, I won't get desperate.
AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys all born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).
|I'm just wondering what "interventions" you consider doing the longer you remain pregnant.|
My desperation comes and goes...
i try to keep positive by reminding myself best healing outcome for me and baby is to let nature (that *&^&&* take its course....
watching a baby story helps
You realise if you were one of dem you could just request your way out...
8 might be enough?
Or maybe 9 will be?
EDD September 18, 2015
Sex and lots of orgasms
RRL(Which I have been told doesn't actually bring on labor, just strengthens contractions and the uterus..)
Bumpy car ride
I will try tomorrow or later:
Scalini's eggplant parm
Stripping membranes(MW tried this last week, but couldn't get in there enough-I will incite her to try harder tomorrow )
Thinking about accupuncture, there is a chi-neuropathy office near here that is open tomorrow and I am considering it! Even through my fear of needles!!
I will NOT do:
Nipple stimulation(brings on worse than normal contractions and since they are longer and more severe, it can lead to heartrate slowing in the baby)
Castor oil(can cause meconium in the baby since they have their first bowel movement inside and can be deadly-as well as VERY uncomfortable for the mama!)
Black and Blue Cohosh(unless I am almost at the 15th when my midwife is leaving for vacation and I will NOT NOT NOT allow her partner to deliver this baby..and then only if she is supervising the administration because they can also be dangerous)
Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day ~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH
So, needless to say it is very difficult to function. Sitting hurts, getting up and down sucks, walking up and down stairs is horrible. Add that my job is to take care of 5 kids, the oldest just over age 2, I am SO ready to be done! Haha!
Still, I am not willing to do a medical induction at this point. I am, however, doing nipple stimulation, sex, and walking... and tonight I am going to start inserting EPO nightly and taking one orally each morning starting tomorrow. I already drink RRLT and have almost daily since 20 weeks (a lot becuase I just love the stuff... yummy!). I wouldn't even really bother, I don't think, but I have lots of contractions without any interventions of my own, so my OB encourages us to see if we can get them to go somewhere... within reason of course.
I am take rrl to help my uterus and I am not against making love, but that is about all I do.
so, in the last 3 days I have:
had acupuncture-labor points
eaten a lot of pineapple
had spicy food
had membranes stripped (was a breeze)
I am willing to start on the nipple stim and have sex even though I find both v. uncomfortable...
Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
Pregnant again after IVF, EDD July 6, 2015!
If I'm still baby free Monday (I'm due tomorrow), my acupuncturist friend has offered to help out. If I make it to next Friday (booooo), I'll consider stripping my membranes. I really think though, that it's up to baby to decide, and no matter how much spicy food you eat, sex you have, etc, it won't make a bit of difference unless the baby agrees it's time, and that "rushing it" (IMO!) might compromise the kind of labour I'm envisioning. Unless there's a reason to get the baby out, I think I'm going to put my wishes aside, and wait, and wait, and wait...oh, and complain to anyone who'll listen, lol!
One of my closest friends is a massage therapist, and she told me she massage those reflexology spots on the feet that will bring on labor whenever I want. So if we start to get to the point where I'd have to give up the birthing center birth, and go to the hospital, I'll take her up on it.
Otherwise, as much as I want my body back, the baby can decide when it's time.