Drooling, back pain, insomnia-oh my! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 08-07-2008, 12:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel like Dorothy on the way to the Emerald city-all the horrible things I am dealing with in these last few days....

I have been drooling uncontrollably...weird!

I have been having the WORST lower back and pelvic pain...

And I can't sleep more than an hour and a half at a time!

I am SO ready for this baby to come-I can't wait to get back to SOME semblance of normaility with my hormones(and for the relaxin to be GONE so I can hold a chiropractic adjustment!!)...

BUT-he cannot come tomorrow...my brother in law's birthday is tomorrow and I can't handle him sharing his birthday..lol..but the 8th is JUST FINE

In fact, (no pressure here) my father is convinced he is coming at 08/08/08 at 8:08..lol..let's see!

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

#2 of 23 Old 08-07-2008, 12:11 AM

drooling? Now, that is a new one to me.

8/8/8 at 8:08 would be pretty awesome!
#3 of 23 Old 08-07-2008, 12:15 AM

OMG, I have been drooling too, it's weird!
#4 of 23 Old 08-07-2008, 12:15 AM

I feel your pain and raise you killer heartburn
I am drooling in my sleep its sooo attractive

8 might be enough
#5 of 23 Old 08-07-2008, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
I feel your pain and raise you killer heartburn

Yeah with the heartburn too, but not near as bad as it was with DD..thank goodness for small favors!

And nothing says sexy QUITE like waking up in a pool of your own spit! LOL No wonder hubby hasn't been near me..

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

#6 of 23 Old 08-07-2008, 12:25 AM

my irritablity, belching, farting, sniffling, complaining, waking him up 20x last night to say things like HELP ME...are part of the reason dh is downstairs on his computer now ignoring me

8 might be enough
#7 of 23 Old 08-07-2008, 12:34 AM

Quote:
my irritablity, belching, farting, sniffling, complaining, waking him up 20x last night to say things like HELP ME...are part of the reason dh is downstairs on his computer now ignoring me
Ok, so this made me laugh out loud, and it takes a lot to make me laugh. I might smile inside, but rarely does a giggly noise come out of my mouth. You did it, Shiloh

Upon reading this thread, I realize I've been drooling in my sleep too. I remember now that I had to turn my pillow over in the night because I found myself sleeping in a wet spot. Hmmm....
#8 of 23 Old 08-07-2008, 01:02 AM

Not drooling here...but sweating like a pig at night. I will wake up for my unmillionth time to the potty and be perspiring all over...what's up with that?
#9 of 23 Old 08-07-2008, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwendolyn's babies View Post
Not drooling here...but sweating like a pig at night. I will wake up for my unmillionth time to the potty and be perspiring all over...what's up with that?

Yup Yup Yup.

Elizabeth, mama to 4 kids and 5 chickens.
The grateful recipient of 3 home water births, 1 being an accidental UC.:
#10 of 23 Old 08-07-2008, 01:59 AM

I had been drooling too Maybe its a weird labor sign.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#11 of 23 Old 08-07-2008, 02:28 AM

Wow, and I thought I was just drooling extra for no reason...I usually drool a little in my sleep anyway but I've been soaking my pillow lately! Never knew it was a pregnant thing....

And I second the ridiculous farting...I have never been so gassy in my life. It's embarassing. I sound like an entire brass band is coming out of my butt.
#12 of 23 Old 08-07-2008, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootpoetry View Post
I sound like an entire brass band is coming out of my butt.
:

I had the drooling early on but it's under control now (I think!). But boy, my BUTT HURTS all the time. From rectal pressure, from constipation, from hemorrhoids, from my pelvis falling apart.... my butt just can't wait for this baby to be born.

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
#13 of 23 Old 08-07-2008, 09:05 AM

My (and DH's for sure) chief complaint is the SNORING. I've never in my life snored and now it's like a freight train. I wake myself up so it's not hard for me to believe DH when he's imitating me in the morning.
#14 of 23 Old 08-07-2008, 09:37 AM

Hey there's one thing I don't think I have been doing - snoring!

8 might be enough
#15 of 23 Old 08-07-2008, 02:16 PM

A million times a night it seems I'm waking up with drool all over my cheek, down my neck, and in a big puddle on the pillow. Yea, for muscles so relaxed that they won't hold my jaw closed so I don't drool constantly. Bleh.

Between that, the perma-heartburn, and the non-stop belching, oh, and the billion trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I'm surprised my DH hasn't gotten a hotel room for a decent night's sleep.

Then there're the nights where we lay down to sleep, and I can't. I try to lay still, but the baby's kicking and moving, my body won't relax, the heartburn's threatening to burn a hole out my chest, and I wind up very restless. I don't want to sit up and disturb his sleep, but I'm not sure that my laying there is any better.

I'm huge as a house, and everytime I roll over, it's like trying to relocate a beached whale. Actually, I think moving the whale might be easier.

Okay, baby, it's time for you to come out... I need my body back.

Laura wife to Dan , BFing Babywearing RadicalUSing SAHM to my free range kid Craig (12/20/93) and eventual free range kid Danny (8/26/08)
#16 of 23 Old 08-07-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:

Me, too. So gross!
#17 of 23 Old 08-07-2008, 04:58 PM

Thank you ladies!!: I seriously needed the laugh! I'm feeling ALL of the above except for the heartburn. Dried papaya works wonders!
#18 of 23 Old 08-08-2008, 03:06 AM

This thread made me feel much better about the way I have been feeling lately! Even with all these weird end of pregancy symptoms, I just don't think I am ready to endure labor! Everyone else seems so ready and willing and I just want to wait? Is there something wrong with me, lol? Last few nights I have gotten no more than 2 hours of sleep at a time before fanagaling a way to get up and go potty. It is misery trying to get out of bed and then falling back in bed in my little surrounding of pillows I have going on. Tonight baby is moving so much it is painful (or maybe contx?) at times. So I just took a bath and was trying to get sleepier reading on this forum. I swear it has been such a blessing this pregnancy to come here!
#19 of 23 Old 08-08-2008, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwendolyn's babies View Post
Oh this is sooo me! I normally don't get hot let alone sweat, I usually like the temp in the house to be in the 80's but now I sweat when its like that. I have to have the fan on everynight and the ac on during most of the day (energy bill is gonna suck). I can barely sleep because of trips to the potty and then tossing and turning then I have my 4yo hop in bed and try to cuddle up (ugh its just too hot for that and I really dont want to be touched right now) oh and when he's not cuddling he's kicking me during his toss and turn session, then hubby is snoring up a storm, then I'm sweatin even with the fan on so I can't sleep, or I'm thirsty AGAIN, or heart burn is killing me, ugh the list goes on and on.... I've been feeling content lately with her taking a little longer although truth be told I'd really like her out tomorrow.

"Come out, Come out, tomorrow please!"

Nichole, wife to Kris SAHM to Timothy : :10-11-03, Hosanna , Seraphim 8-17-08 : caught by Grandma! Faith 1-4-10 : Caught by Daddy!
#20 of 23 Old 08-08-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
I told my hubby about this thread and specifically about what you said and he replied, "ah, so now he knows what she puts up with every night!" lol

Nichole, wife to Kris SAHM to Timothy : :10-11-03, Hosanna , Seraphim 8-17-08 : caught by Grandma! Faith 1-4-10 : Caught by Daddy!
#21 of 23 Old 08-08-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristSavesAll View Post
Oh this is sooo me! I normally don't get hot let alone sweat, I usually like the temp in the house to be in the 80's but now I sweat when its like that. I have to have the fan on everynight and the ac on during most of the day (energy bill is gonna suck). I can barely sleep because of trips to the potty and then tossing and turning then I have my 4yo hop in bed and try to cuddle up (ugh its just too hot for that and I really dont want to be touched right now) oh and when he's not cuddling he's kicking me during his toss and turn session, then hubby is snoring up a storm, then I'm sweatin even with the fan on so I can't sleep, or I'm thirsty AGAIN, or heart burn is killing me, ugh the list goes on and on.... I've been feeling content lately with her taking a little longer although truth be told I'd really like her out tomorrow.

"Come out, Come out, tomorrow please!"
Oh yeah, the sweating... how'd I forget that one? We have a swamp cooler running (we live in arid CO so it actually does an excellent job of cooling things down) upstairs where the bedrooms are, plus two fans in the bedroom, and I still wake up sweating in the middle of the night. And not just a little sweat, but enough for it to run down my body when I get up for the millionth time to pee.

Here's what I don't get... between the drool pools on the pillow, the constant sweating, the million trips to pee, how am I not freaking dehydrated by now??

Laura wife to Dan , BFing Babywearing RadicalUSing SAHM to my free range kid Craig (12/20/93) and eventual free range kid Danny (8/26/08)
#22 of 23 Old 08-08-2008, 07:26 PM

my *left* (yes, just the left) armpit get the worst B.O.! Even mere hours after my shower. I have to soak my bras and shirts in vinegar before washing! Please please let this be a pregnancy symptom and not something that will stick around for good! :
#23 of 23 Old 08-08-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootpoetry View Post
And I second the ridiculous farting...I have never been so gassy in my life. It's embarassing. I sound like an entire brass band is coming out of my butt.
up
I gave up trying to be lady-like several months ago. There simply isn't enough room in here for baby, my intestines, my stomach and gas. Something has to give!

As far as sweating at night, DH installed a window unit a/c in our bedroom months ago so I wouldn't freeze the entire house to be comfortable at night. Aaaaahhhhh.

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page