Mothering Forum banner

If they don't hurt, they're not real, right?

491 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  barefootpoetry 
#1 ·
I've been contracting all evening, but they don't hurt, they're just tight. I tried timing them but I wouldn't notice when they'd start because I can't tell I'm having one unless I'm touching my belly and feel it get hard! They're comign pretty steadily though which is more than I can say thus far. I've had some hurty contractions before so I know what they ought to feel like...but these are painless. I guess that means I should just ignore 'em huh? They can't be real if they don't hurt!

#2 ·
Ummmmm, my pre-term irritable uterus ctx hurt MUCH worse than real labor ctx until I was nearing transition. Pretty much the early ones I barely noticed until active labor. In fact the only reason I even thought I may be in labor was a bit of bloody show. Sooooooooo, this for sure *could* be it! Good luck!!!

#3 ·
Eee, I hope so! I've been putting off making the bed with the plastic cover...I guess I'd better do it tonight just in case!
I've got errands to run tomorrow though, so if this wants to keep up for a day or so that'd be just fine. And if it goes away that's fine too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.