Postpartum Daily Thread 08/07 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-07-2008, 03:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How are the babies and mommies?

Any good tips to share?

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#2 of 12 Old 08-07-2008, 11:01 AM

my dd will be 2wks tomorow!! : nursing is such a rollercoaster, last night she fussed and screamed at my breast almost all night. Also I cant wait for her to get bigger and I dont need 2 hands and tons of pillows to get the latch right:

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#3 of 12 Old 08-07-2008, 11:10 AM

Looks like Kendall's jaudince may be going away and he will get to go home today.: my doctor wants to release me but I told him I'm not leaving unless my baby leaves so they can forget it. The Ped doc said they would check his levels again at 4 and they are normal, then he can go home. He's a few days old now so his levels are ok to be up.

I feel fine except for gas pains. I need to poot so bad and it seems like it gets "right there" and then goes away. I've got my breakfast coming so maybe we can get it come down. Sorry about the TMI. Duh! I just remembered the gas pill the nurse brought me at 6 this morning. I declined it because I wanted to eat first. ell, now I can eat and then get my poot on. LOL

My BP is still fairly high but the doc says he thinks its all related to my labor and should normalize in the next few weeks but they want to do an in office appointment on me next week. Other than that, I feel fine. Just ready to take my baby home. Alright, I have to get up and do some walking around to get the gas moving. Hope everyone else is doing great.

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#4 of 12 Old 08-07-2008, 12:16 PM

I'm lying in bed typing w one hand as the little man sleeps on my chest.

He's already over 1 wk, cant believe it!

We are fab, in love, tho TIRED in a big way.

As of yesterday my anemia from pph feels to be letting up a wee bit, a relief. B/c I swear my lips are white I look as anemic as I've felt, lol, like jogging at high altitude just when walking down the hall. craziness. So easily winded/tired. but already getting better slowly. But otherwise, recovery is great--I avoided c/s, only 1 lil tear, and the pp bleeding is comparatively slight (well, it SHOULD be right, since i had to have d and c for the placenta, i guess i'm already more cleared out?)

we are happy!!

how's everyone else?? have you slept at all yet, lol?
#5 of 12 Old 08-07-2008, 12:36 PM

Wait, just realized I have a funny story, if I can manage to type it w one hand.

Monique, my LO also had problems with jaundice/bilirubin levels. Though not so bad as Kendall I don't think, b/c they let us go without treatment, but wanted us back at hosptial for recheck. So Thursday night they let me go home from hosptial with LO. He doesn't sleep AT ALL Thursday night, my milk was not coming in, LO is getting HUNGRY and is bfing and fussing all night. Friday morning he dozes off just as DD wakes up for the day. UGH--can I say tired? But I have to get to the hosptial that morning for the bilirubin check. I have not slept, LO is finally sleeping and I can't b/c I have to go to the stupid hosptial. Plus, I have significant pp anemia, and look like a total ghost, even if I did sleep I look like CR&P. Which is all background to the fact that we are at the hosptial, waiting and waiting and waiting to get bilirubin checked, the 'right' person is on break, and they can't do the appropriate login on the computer or something until she is back? WTF? I am getting CRANKY. Haven't eaten properly, and I know that I need to eat and drink and sleep and nurse to get a supply going for LO. WHich I can't do as I'm waiting and waiting there. THen, in comes the newspaper. They are wanting, no joke, to do a story on bilirubin checks. And they are just SO pleased that there is a mama with a 3 day old babe just about to do a bilirubin check. Can we get your picture for the paper, with baby?

OMG!!!! You have GOT to be kidding me. Yes, I so want my PICTURE taken after going through labor, post partum hemmorage, no sleep for 3 days, haven't eaten or slept, and anemia makes me look like a weird BOO Radley, who hasn't showered to boot! LOL.

I am like CAN I GET THIS TEST DONE AND GET OUT OF HERE! They are, oh, what a cute baby and mama, let's get a nice photo op for the paper.

So PS, my little guy has already had his picture in the paper by 1 week old. It ran a couple of days ago. He is cute. If a little orange.

I, needless to say, was NOT in the picture. LOL. I made them do it with the nurses, not moi.
#6 of 12 Old 08-07-2008, 01:25 PM

Funny Moonstruck. Glad to know I'm not alone. I'm hoping they let us go and tell me to bring him to the doctor's office for a follow-up. Fingers crossed and sticky vibes this way ladies.

I'm sure the "right" person will be back shortly,although I don't understand why there isn't more than one person who knows how to do it. Duh!

Book loverread.gif - Sewer sewmachine.gif - Movie lover lurk.gif - Mommy to a wonderful little boy (8/4/08) biggrinbounce.gif - Aspiring writer notes.gif - On a mission to lose 15 pounds - all-around cool chick hippie.gif

#7 of 12 Old 08-07-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerALM View Post
my dd will be 2wks tomorow!! : nursing is such a rollercoaster, last night she fussed and screamed at my breast almost all night. :
Maybe this is what happens at the two week mark, because little N and I are going through the exact same thing. He's sleeping now and I'm awake. I should be showering, but I'm here on MDC because I'm really tired of doing what I should be doing ALL the time. I'm just trying to chant "this too shall pass" and not drink too much coffee.

Wife to James mom to dd(1999) ds1(2001)and ds2(7/08)
: * : * * : * * :
#8 of 12 Old 08-07-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_PI View Post
Funny Moonstruck. Glad to know I'm not alone. I'm hoping they let us go and tell me to bring him to the doctor's office for a follow-up. Fingers crossed and sticky vibes this way ladies.

I'm sure the "right" person will be back shortly,although I don't understand why there isn't more than one person who knows how to do it. Duh!
I hope they let you go soon! Although schlepping around for recheck is no fun either when you are so tired and it's all so new (this is my second baby in a little over 2 yrs and STILL it seems stuff like getting him changed and dressed and into carseat for example take forever--seem so small, curled up and fragile! Once they 'uncurl' it gets easier! ) But soon enough the bilirubin will be firmly behind you, dont worry. We were given the clear yesterday, at the 1 wk mark.
#9 of 12 Old 08-07-2008, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

baby wants to nurse all night which is when afterpains are worst. mw says that they mostly pass by the 3rd day. I hope so!

Latch on my right side needs some work. Big nipples and tiny mouths make things tricky!

#10 of 12 Old 08-07-2008, 08:38 PM

My breast are huge!!!!!! I feel I am a double D, Roberto is nursing and getting drunk at the first breast - always hoping he will make it to the other one but he can't, he passes out!

No more meconium over here. He sleeps very well, I can't believe it. My peaceful little Robertico I am still cramping really bad but I am so grateful to own a little electric pad to put on my tummy, ouchy I been drinking lots of RRLT to help my uterus and taking my placenta pills too. BTW, any one of you know how many to take a day?! I am taking 2 a day. No more bleeding either, now I didn't expect that!

I have been able to explore my son today, and found that he is a pretty hairy little boy like her DS#1. He has hair on his butt, shoulders, ears, arms, wow, everywhere... He even looks like her when she was this small and she is so happy to know that! She wants to hold him all the time, and kiss him and watch him. My little one is been clingy lately and I am trying to spend more time with her when hubby is holding the baby. Our family is complete now, I am so in love

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
#11 of 12 Old 08-07-2008, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

My placenta is finally dry now so I'll make it into pills later. It was apparently very juicy!

I think my milk is starting to come in but I'm not feeling hugely engorged. She's been peeing more and her face seems to be filling out.
Its hard to tell because there isn't a huge visual difference between a J and K cup. I just feel a bit firmer. I'm not worried though.

My bleeding has been a lot better this time too. I lost a fair amount of blood after dd and ds's births but this time the bleeding has been pretty slow in comparison. I hope that means my time bleeding will be shorter as I bled 9 and 7 weeks the other times. Perhaps all this cramping is doing its job!

#12 of 12 Old 08-08-2008, 11:38 AM

Hey everyone,

Glad to read that babies and moms are doing well. My babe is doing well, too. He was very slow to gain back his weight (1.5 oz in first 10 days) and then all of the sudden he gained about 7 oz in 2 days, right before his 2 week appt. He was 7 12.5 on Monday and on Weds he was 8 lb 5 oz!!! I couldn't believe it, but the ped says it happens...

He is such a sweet baby and the only "issue" we seem to be encountering is that he is a big time spitter-up-er. At first I was afraid it was more than spit up, but we're pretty sure it's just s.u. and not reflux or anything like that. We put his bassinet at an incline and still use a positioner with it.

He seems to spit up most about 25 mins after feeding. We're careful about keeping him in a sitting position (bounce chair) after eating, or holding him (at night) for a while before he goes down again, but he still spits up a lot.

Does anyone have advice on how to decrease spit up? I know that it's something that babes just do and grow out of, but if there is anyone who has any magic tricks, I'm open for suggestions!

Thanks,

R.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page