Daily Thread - 08/07 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2008, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter
 
Cheshire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: My yellow submarine
Posts: 2,149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning! I didn't see a daily thread for us ladies-in-waiting so I thought I'd start it off.

Had lots of contractions again yesterday. Spent all day Monday in the hospital when labor stalled, tried a little pitocin (I'm supposed to be induced tomorrow for medical reasons so I figured why not see what happens). The pitocin didn't work so after two hours my midwife offered to let me spend the night and try again Tuesday morning. We decided to just come home and see what nature would hold for us the rest of the week.

Well, it's Thursday and my body still won't keep labor going for more than a few hours at a time.

I have an appt with my perinatologist today for an NST and BPP. I'm going to talk to her about putting off my induction a few more days. I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow and that's when everyone I've talked to wants to induce. Keep your fingers crossed that she'll agree to more time. If I skip the induction without her "approval" my midwives can't treat me. So, I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place.

As of Monday I was a stretchy 5 cm, 80% effaced with a bulging bag of waters. My Bishop's score is over a 10 so from everything I've read an induction would be successful but I just don't like the idea. UGH.

How are you guys doing??? Any new babies overnight?
Cheshire is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off