postpartum activity level? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-07-2008, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, IF you have a choice (and I know many don't because either you are in bed recovering from c/s or in bed nursing 24/7 trying to get supply going OR you have to be rushing around somewhat because of other dc): what is the optimal level of postpartum activity? How lay to low? I know the standard advice would be to see how your own body is doing, and if you bleed more with increased activity take it easier. I am laying low at the one week mark b/c of nursing and just babymooning, and anemia issues, but mentally I am already thinking about moving much more--wanting to get out and go to playground with dd, and go for walks, get moving while weather is still nice. (notice I did NOT say vacuum and clean and cook or do shopping, lol. I am definitely still too weak to do any of that! ) In a couple of brief outings the new lo so far seems to love being worn, so he's good to get on the move in a wrap or sling or mei tei when not nursing. What are your thoughts/plan/practice postpartum?
#2 of 3 Old 08-07-2008, 08:18 PM

I think our first outing will be tomorrow. Its my friend's birthday and I want to surprise her by showing up. We probably won't stay too long though. Depends on how we all feel. I don't want to deal with pad changing while out.

Saturday we are supposed to go to the in laws house so they can see her.

So far I've done nothing though. Not totally in bed but I'm not doing housework either.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#3 of 3 Old 08-07-2008, 08:46 PM

I went to show off my baby at the leasing office today, the ladies were waiting for me to bring the baby after giving birth and they knew I was having the baby at home. I am hoping to show up at my friends house for his son birthday, although I am showing up just to bring a gift, show the baby and will go back home right away I also have a chiro appt. that day and PP appt with my MW. Lots to do that day. I feel really good though. I have done 3 loads of laundry already, cooked one meal (today) and changed the bed sheets. The only discomfort I have are the darn cramps in my uterus, that worked so hard during labor - poor me

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page