3cm dilated and 90% effaced! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-07-2008, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So what exactly does this mean? I had some bloody show tonight, but it seems to have stopped. I had an appointment today and they don't expect me to make it to my next week's appointment, but other than that didn't really say it'll probably be in x amount of time.

The baby has dropped so much I seriously feel like her head is already between my legs. Up until today I've been working full time. I think I may take tomorrow off though.

With dd1 I had my appt and I was 4 cm and my water broke 6 hours after they told me that.

Can I do anything to help move things along? Shall I instruct dh to violate me tonight???LOL
#2 of 6 Old 08-07-2008, 09:46 PM

I am right there with ya...
I am hoping to be violated and evacuated

8 might be enough
#3 of 6 Old 08-07-2008, 11:24 PM

My MW would say, "It doesn't mean anything if you're not in labor."

She also says to me, "Your next appointment might be a post partum visit!" Every time we schedule the next appointment.

Anyway, the chances are high that you will have your baby at some point in the very near future.

Nik! Mama to Evelynn Rose 08/19/08 and Autumn Lily 11/02/10
#4 of 6 Old 08-07-2008, 11:37 PM

I want this baby out tomorrow so I'm gonna hop on hubby for a bit tonight to get things going. Hope it works!

Nichole, wife to Kris SAHM to Timothy : :10-11-03, Hosanna , Seraphim 8-17-08 : caught by Grandma! Faith 1-4-10 : Caught by Daddy!
#5 of 6 Old 08-08-2008, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
when is your due date? I have been 4 cm dilated and 90% effaced for two weeks...and due this Sunday...but nothing new...how long does this kind of thing usually last? I am starting to get nervous that nothing happening so far despite these signs means that I am more likely to keep going past my due date...does it mean anything for that? scared of having to get induced at 42 weeks...

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
#6 of 6 Old 08-08-2008, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

OMG I cannot imagine walking around like this for another 2 weeks...it is not comfortable to walk now! It seriously feels like her head is just about out! My due date isn't for another 12 days (but who is counting).

I had light ctrxns most of last night, but woke up and nothing. More bloody show today, but that has stopped again as well. I just need something to happen soon!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page