Daily Thread - Friday - August 8 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought I'd kick off today's party. How's everybody doing this morning? Any new news? Moms in labor, babies born?

Nothing new here... except for the fact that I'm up. Usually DH leaves for work about 5 a.m.-ish, and I roll over and go back to sleep til about 8. This morning, alarm went off at 4:30, and I'm awake. Not sleepy awake, could go back to sleep, but rise and shine, get out of bed, awake. What's up with that? Haven't been able to get enough sleep for the last 3 mos, and now all of a sudden I'm awake??

Also, breakfast this morning, at least so far, has been an ice cream float - Virgil's cream soda and Haagen-Daaz honey bee vanilla ice cream. When I mentioned to DH that that's what I wanted for breakfast, he laughed and said "Now I really know your pregnant!" Only strange craving I've had the whole pregnancy, and I get it near the end. I don't know what to think this morning.

No ctx though.

Laura wife to Dan , BFing Babywearing RadicalUSing SAHM to my free range kid Craig (12/20/93) and eventual free range kid Danny (8/26/08)
#2 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 09:36 AM

Feeling pretty good today. I think it'll be a little cooler today so I'm meeting our playgroup at these pretty gardens here for a walk in a little while.

Got some good news - I'm GBS neg.! YEAH!!

Surely someone will be having a baby today! Good labor vibes to those who are ready
#3 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 09:45 AM

Well, I have had some contractions, but they are 10-15 min apart, but they are doosies & really intense, but then I feel ok. I had some bloody show over the night too. Oh, and I have a terrible horrible lower back ache to go along with this. Sucks. In between the contractions I seem to have menstural type cramps that don't seem like real contractions but do make me think of when I was in labor with ds, they were just like that. I am not sure I am ready to do this (as if I have a choice, lol).
#4 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 09:48 AM

37 weeks today and it marks the day in my pregnancy when our oldest was born. So that means that tomorrow I'll be the most pregnant I've ever been! (Twins were 34w5d).

Contractions here and there but nothing regular. Have a charity luncheon to go to (I worked part time for a non-profit - just quit - and today's the day we give away all our money) and then my family's coming over for a BBQ tonight. My inlaws are still with us and thank god they've been understanding about me needing to chill out and lay down a lot.
#5 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audreysmama View Post
I am not sure I am ready to do this (as if I have a choice, lol).
LOL Sounds to me like it's something!!
#6 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 09:51 AM

The little one tried to engage late yesterday, but had no contractions. It felt like she was pinching my cervix while pressing into my bladder at the same time... ooof. I didn't sleep well last night so I'm hoping for a nap later this afternoon.

I have a chiropractor appointment in a few hours. Hopefully that will give her a little wiggle room and we can get this show on the road!

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#7 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by megsy View Post
LOL Sounds to me like it's something!!
Same here! It's funny... I've loved being pregnant, but I tell ya, I think I'm ready to be giving birth now. Thinking "come out now, little one" thoughts at my belly, I tell ya.

: Crossing my fingers for ya, Amy!

Laura wife to Dan , BFing Babywearing RadicalUSing SAHM to my free range kid Craig (12/20/93) and eventual free range kid Danny (8/26/08)
#8 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 10:47 AM

Nothing much here. Oh well, trying to stay relaxed and let it happen when it happens. At least that's what DH and my doula are trying to get me to do.

I did sleep really well last night!
#9 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 11:08 AM

Nothing going on here. It is a beautiful day here so I think I'm going to take ds out to a county fair by my mom and she will join us. I'm looking forward to it, ususally it's really hot when we go. Other than that...I've had a couple sporadic, nasty contractions but nothing regular.
#10 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 11:29 AM

Nothing going on here with the labor front either, but that's good cause I'm waiting for my husband to arrive from Iraq. He's been stuck at the airport for 48 hours in Northern Iraq waiting for a flight to Kuwait and then Westbound, but no luck so far.
My youngest starts preschool today so I'm gonna have breakfast out and get a pedicure with my two good friends.
#11 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 11:36 AM

My cold seems like it might be on it's way out - I am almost back to my usual levels of pregnancy congestion.

No signs here, and I am less worried about my water breaking while the midwife is out of town. She comes back Sunday and said she would come back Saturday if I called and needed her, so I just need to make it through today! I'm 37 weeks 3 days, so I am guessing it will still be a couple of weeks.

I plan to finish all of the little things I wanted to get done before the baby comes this weekend. Hopefully my husband will at least START on his list.

I am also getting pampered next week! Pedicure, massage, haircut, etc. I am really looking forward to it!
#12 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
nothing happening here...dh says he thinks I will go into labor on Monday or Tuesday-I think he might be trying to make me feel better because I am a little upset that my doula is not available for most of the weekend..have to call her now to get information about her backup.
trying to spend lots of time on hands and knees to get baby to turn from face forward which my mw suggested on weds.

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
#13 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 02:32 PM

Hello All,
Officially 39 weeks today. Yesterday, I got my perinatologist to agree to let me move my induction (originally scheduled for today) to my 40 week mark. My midwives agreed so I feel like I've won a major battle!!! I really feel like I'll go before 40 weeks and if not then I'm much more comfortable with an induction then (it's for medical reasons so it is hard to argue with them even though I hate the thought of having one).

I was 5 cm and 80% effaced on Monday. I've had horrible prodromal labor for a couple of weeks. I had awful cramping from 10 pm to 11:30 pm and finally had to get out of bed and put on my hypnobabies. I had good, three minute apart contractions for a couple of hours and then they stalled, again.

Every time I move around I have contractions. I have a lot of back labor because I think the baby is facing sideways still. I've tried so many things to help him turn but he isn't interested. I think that is really the reason my labor keeps stalling.

I can't decide if I want to try and help things along with nipple stimulation or not. If he isn't in a good position yet I don't want to rush it. I have until next Friday so I'm thinking I'm going to keep trying to get him to turn.

Sending birthing vibes to those who need them!
#14 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 02:35 PM

Just sitting around. The man has a golf tournament this afternoon, the he works the overnight shift. Bored at home as usual, will probably watch a bunch of movies today.

Woke up this morning with the poops (TMI, sorry) and my belly is still grumbly. Not fun.

I just told the man that I hope I deliver some time this weekend. A majority of my family is on the yearly three day cruise to Mexico (the date is set a year in advance) until Monday morning so if I go into labor I can avoid them for a few days. Yes...that would be nice.
#15 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 02:46 PM

I am having the stabbing pains in my cervix and a little more discharge. And when I woke this morning, my feet were still swollen.
#16 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 02:47 PM

I have a question about the discharge. Is it normal to have nasty stringy mucousy discharge in late pregnancy. I've heard of the mucous plug but mine isn't bloody or anything and it is ALOT. It is ridiculous at times and I feel like I can just pull it out of me (sorry TMI).

joy.gif
#17 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
I have a question about the discharge. Is it normal to have nasty stringy mucousy discharge in late pregnancy. I've heard of the mucous plug but mine isn't bloody or anything and it is ALOT. It is ridiculous at times and I feel like I can just pull it out of me (sorry TMI).
That sounds like your mucus plug to me!
#18 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 03:13 PM

I thought it might be the mucous plug especially since it only comes out when I have a BM (again...TMI) but I always thought it is supposed to be bloody??? Oh well, I won't be getting any hopes up. Just hope babygirl will be coming soon...please.

joy.gif
#19 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I think that I just lost a lot or the remainder of my mucous plug...does this mean anything in terms of labor coming sooner since I have been 4 cm dilated and 90% effaced for so long? Or maybe my body just likes to do things a little at a time....
I am SO ready. As if this is new news! But I think today would be a really good day...I am feeling so much better emotionally...my doula is available until 8 tomorrow morning, and it is a beautiful day!

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
#20 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 04:05 PM

I am so congested!
I can barely hear!

PINK SHOW DAY!!!!!!!!!!!
I have never had that happen before
do I call midwife?

8 might be enough
#21 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 05:46 PM

I'm still here. I've got nothin'.

I'm actually a bit disappointed. DH's birthday is today and I've felt, all along, that the baby would come today.

Homesteading Mama to homeschoolin' kiddos London (10) ; Alexander (8) :; Holden (5) :; and Sergei born at home 8/18/08
#22 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 06:44 PM

WEll, the CO is definetely on it's way out by now (after about 4hours of waiting). I'm still feeling ok, no contractions but more mucous and this time with blood in it. I just took another tbsp of castor oil and see what happens. My doula keeps calling me to check in. She's all excited for me

joy.gif
#23 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 08:40 PM

ugh mentsrual cramp feelings...

did find out I am GBS- finally... yay

back hurts, feet hurt, everything hurts.

DP is so mean to me on top of all this. And I am so anxious to get the baby out. People look at me funny because I am so petite and have such a HUGE load out infront of me, looks like I am going to topple over.

I can't look at myself in the mirror without wanting to cry

Everyone keeps asking me daily, have you had it yet? UGH IF I DID I'D TELL YOU!

I had contractions ALL DAY yesterday and today, just like the last two weeks. IT MEANS NOTHING!

SAHM Amber 24      DH Chris 26     DS Aiden  3  BFP for Christmas!!   25****30****35baby.gif***40!! 8/30 It's a stork-girl.gif

#24 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire View Post
I got my perinatologist to agree to let me move my induction (originally scheduled for today) to my 40 week mark. My midwives agreed so I feel like I've won a major battle!!!
That's fantastic news!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissE View Post

I had a lot of stringy stretchy discharge like you describe the last few weeks, last time around. I don't think it was my plug cause it kept coming for over a week, that'd be one heck of a plug! lol

My appetite is finally coming back! : A few bh's here and there but nothing to dramatic.

Had a family session today, lol being the involved photog that I am I set out to show the toddler how I wanted him to lay for the next shot. TOTALLY forgetting I'm ready to pop I laid right down on my belly, almost flat out. *ouch* not a good idea!
Can I really be that far a long if I still forget I'm pg????

I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

#25 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayame87 View Post
ugh mentsrual cramp feelings...

did find out I am GBS- finally... yay

back hurts, feet hurt, everything hurts.

DP is so mean to me on top of all this. And I am so anxious to get the baby out. People look at me funny because I am so petite and have such a HUGE load out infront of me, looks like I am going to topple over.

I can't look at myself in the mirror without wanting to cry

Everyone keeps asking me daily, have you had it yet? UGH IF I DID I'D TELL YOU!

I had contractions ALL DAY yesterday and today, just like the last two weeks. IT MEANS NOTHING!

awe...I bet you are beatiful. Just concentrate on loving the baby once the baby arrives. In the baby's own time.

Nothing happening over here. Contractions here and there...not sleeping too well. appetite is normal. Kids are being little poopers! My mom came over to watch over them do some light housekeeping so I could lie down...and I could hear them just be crazy for her. I finally gave up after 30 minutes of laying down and came out to reprimand them.

Hubby is home now...and I told him I needed a breather.
#26 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 09:43 PM

today was one of my i sooo hope i go into labor days soo the baby can have a cool birthday i did get what 7 contrx but nothing else lol soo i took a road trip to austin for the day and still nothing then i went swimming nothing just lots of pressure

i still have sunday lol its my birthday sooo maybe i will give birth then but i really dont think soo lol

tonight we r going to eat middle eastern food then hanging out at starbucks for the rest of the night hehehe

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
#27 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwendolyn's babies View Post
My mom came over to watch over them do some light housekeeping so I could lie down...and I could hear them just be crazy for her. I finally gave up after 30 minutes of laying down and came out to reprimand them.
Isn't that they way it goes? everytime mil comes to watch dd so I can rest, I always end up fiddeling around with things and never get to rest.

I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

#28 of 28 Old 08-08-2008, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire View Post
Hello All,
Officially 39 weeks today. Yesterday, I got my perinatologist to agree to let me move my induction (originally scheduled for today) to my 40 week mark. My midwives agreed so I feel like I've won a major battle!!! I really feel like I'll go before 40 weeks and if not then I'm much more comfortable with an induction then (it's for medical reasons so it is hard to argue with them even though I hate the thought of having one).

That is great news!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page