I'm Trying Not to Cry Here... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-08-2008, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went in for my 38 week appointment. Everything is good with baby, but my doctor (who I adore and who I chose because she is pro-natural birth) informed me that she will be out of town on Aug 14, 15, and 16. That is so close to my due date! I am so terrified I will go into labor one of those days. I am due August 18. I met the back-up OB, but I'm still worried...

Baby shows no signs of wanting to vacate the womb anytime soon, so I am not worried right now. She is still very high, has shown no interest in dropping yet, and I have not lost my mucus plug or anything.

My doula will also be gone all next week too! So if I go into labor next week, I will be missing at least one vital member of my birth team: either my doula (all week) or my doctor (at the end of the week).

Please send me vibes for not going into labor until my due date or after! I wanted it to come a little early, but now I've changed my mind!
#2 of 7 Old 08-08-2008, 04:57 PM

The body usually listens...I had an OB I HATED...
I only went into labor when I knew he wasn't on call.

8 might be enough
#3 of 7 Old 08-08-2008, 08:22 PM

not in your DDC but can't help commenting-- the doctor being away on vacation is one thing, normal I guess. Is your doula out of town on an emergency? If she's going away on vacation she is seriously wrong in planning to be away one week before your due date, maybe you should find another doula. The reason why we hire them is for security, in addition to the obvious birth support--so that we can be confident that someone will be there for us.
#4 of 7 Old 08-08-2008, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newclementine View Post
not in your DDC but can't help commenting-- the doctor being away on vacation is one thing, normal I guess. Is your doula out of town on an emergency? If she's going away on vacation she is seriously wrong in planning to be away one week before your due date, maybe you should find another doula. The reason why we hire them is for security, in addition to the obvious birth support--so that we can be confident that someone will be there for us.
I was thinking the same thing!

Hopefully you can think her into staying in there! :
#5 of 7 Old 08-08-2008, 09:32 PM

Is this your first baby? First time moms usually go an average of 8-12 days past their due date. You should be fine!
#6 of 7 Old 08-08-2008, 09:40 PM

not in your DDC but i have to say that would royally piss me off about the doula. they are supposed to be available to you. 1 week before your dd?? thats just not cool.
#7 of 7 Old 08-08-2008, 10:46 PM

stay in there baby!!! ::

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page